Tina's New Ground Game in DOA5U

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
So I've noticed some changes to DOA5U Tina. Apparently no 2p after 6f+k anymore? What do you guys do in that place to force people up? That was a really important part of her game man! I'm kind of upset! It's like all they want Tina players to do is 2f+p everything. How lame!

Last edited:

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
Ah my I edited my post. I meant 6f+k. So far I haven't been able to land a single one. I'll hit them with an 6f+k and go for a 2p, but no dice, and I only get that if they don't tech. It's pretty lame.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
I mean the ground throw is guaranteed like before, but none of the force up ground game moves like 2p, 1p, or 3heldp. Which is weird though now you get a free ground throw 2p+f off of 7k. Oddly enough, if they don't tech after getting hit with 7k, you get a free 2k, 3heldp for a force up, but that's only if they don't tech. The ground throw is guaranteed otherwise. If you decide to finish the 2k and go for the follow up p doing 2kp, you'll beat out any attack if they tech and try to immediately attack you.

Last edited:

Doa_Eater

So yeah, since this game is so stun specific how the characters wobble it looks like only 44pk is guarantee.

Django

6h+k doesn't GB anymore and it's -9 on block
4p+k doesn't get u anything not even ground throw

EDog21

6:H+K: unsafe? :(
Also what's with giant swing air throw sometimes flipping opponent to other side?

Django

^ it a new air throw 4T
and yea 6h+k is punish by low throw
but the same kick from the roll still GB -4
idk if they forgot to nerf that too or meant to leave it anymore :l

Doa_Eater

Guys forget about the ground game and focus on her major change the 8p. Originally it is a sit down stun bun on max stun it becomes a bound.

EDog21

Is the purpose of the new throw to mess up giant air swing? I sometimes get it in my tag combos even though the input for it is clearly :4::F+P:, and the air swing is :426::F+P:. Its the complete opposite direction! I mean im not great, but my hands aren't that bad.

Doa_Eater

Is the purpose of the new throw to mess up giant air swing? I sometimes get it in my tag combos even though the input for it is clearly :4::F+P:, and the air swing is :426::F+P:. Its the complete opposite direction! I mean im not great, but my hands aren't that bad.

I kinda get this too, not sure if the purpose is to save you from a missed giant swing input or what since airtime is a bit stricter now based on characters weight. Giant air swing being the hardest, the new throw mid and the basic normal easiest.

Also don't know for sure but if there's a breakable object close Tina might track it.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I'm very worried about her overall. Things aren't looking good...
-Things are not all doom and gloom in 5U land lol. This is not DOA4, so force techs good riddance lol. Think about it, nothing was guaranteed from them, just more guessing! With their removal, Tina now has more guaranteed ground game damage. This is what she is all about! This is what all Tina players should want, she was like this in 3.1 and it was a major strength for her than, and it is now!

PacManila

So I've been hitting the lab and was wondering if anybody could help me test this further. It seems that she does have a sort of psuedo force tech opportunity after hitting the opponent with BT :H+K:. The attack puts the opponent in a bound state that allows you to force tech them with :8::P: if they choose to not tech right away. If they do tech, :8::P: will whiff, but it looks like you would still have enough advantage to beat out any attack they might throw right after they tech. I've tried this on Christie and Zack and her :3_::P: would beat out their jabs after the whiffed :8::P:. It may not be as good as her old force tech in vanilla, but I guess its a start.

PacManila

@virtuaPAI I saw your post about the ground game in 3.1. (it was in the system discussion section I think). Could you elaborate on it? I've been searching for stuff regarding 3.1's oki from videos and the forum, but no explicit examples of its application. I think if I get a good idea what 3.1's oki was all about, I could think of ways to apply those strategies in 5U's ground game through her combos and setups.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
@virtuaPAI I saw your post about the ground game in 3.1. (it was in the system discussion section I think). Could you elaborate on it? I've been searching for stuff regarding 3.1's oki from videos and the forum, but no explicit examples of its application. I think if I get a good idea what 3.1's oki was all about, I could think of ways to apply those strategies in 5U's ground game through her combos and setups.
-Sure. Tina's Oki is 3.1 was pretty much straight forward(so was most of the cast). From slam attacks you get free down attacks, but it was best for Tina to always go with the more powerful ground throw. Her :4::P:+:K: was always used to crush all wake up kicks. There was a technique I used to do by Free stepping to the side of the downed opponent and do :1::K: to beat out mid wake up kicks, sadly...it do not work in 5U....However, I am finding a well timed SS~:K: do the same intended crush...Yay. What I am finding way superior in 5U than 3.1, is the amount of Guaranteed ground damage Tina is capable in 5U. Most of her 3.1 slamming attacks that guarantee ground throws have been brought back in 5U in addition (to new slamming properties to more moves)to ground bounces, and her new ability to do a VF style flop to gain guaranteed damage.

PacManila

Thx for the rundown VP. By "slamming attacks?, do you mean her air throws or attacks like 8P on a juggled opponent? I didn't play DOA 3 all that much (and never touched 3.1), so I'm not too knowledgeable about her moveset from the game.

I agree about 4P+K as a way to crush low rising kicks, but unfortunately, it no longer guarantees a ground throw like in vanilla :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD