Tina's New Ground Game in DOA5U

AkaShocka

Love that move also, it still techs, also to share more secrets about it, after powerblowing someone on the lower tier of the scramble stage into the flying car you have time to do :6::6: :P+K: into the other standing car there with that crane falling down.
That, and you can do her running P. Or do :236::P: Running P is easier, even though its the same thing, if you just do :236::P: won't reach.
MeanWhile, I made one with Lisa, Sarah, Helena, Christie and Kokoro. :)

OolongTea

One more hard to escape FT! yay! :D Not practical tho :(
:4::P+K: at max distance guarantees ground throw, and makes a :3_::P: a 1F escape.
And at a little bit more than three back dashes distance (rule of thumb), a throw will be guaranteed or a human will have 1F to escape it (very hard)
At the distance of ~1 back dash the BT :P+K: version will make a ground throw very hard to escape (1F)

OolongTea

Rofl, combo into guaranteed FT:
Anything into CB, PL dash past them, :4: to turn around and :8::P:, :3_::P:
You have to hit them pretty high with the :8::P: and :3_::P:'s timing is also a little difficult. But it's guaranteed at the right height.
Very useful! Right? RIGHT??!!!?

Doa_Eater

Have you guys experimented tag ground game? Untechable moves done in a combo become techable, i dont like it!

Last edited:

HoodsXx

So screw the "old ground game" for a second considering wakeup kicks are pretty much useless now as they don't stun heavily unless you be dumb and get hit on CH. After her 8P bound you can run up do 8P again and the ground throw is guaranteed. Same thing with if you put them in the air. 8P in the air and guaranteed ground throw. Man... I see what virtua pai was saying. You guys really gotta experiment more... Also btw peeps. Instead of doing 6H+K to beat out lows and mid wakeup kicks. Just do 4P+KH not only do you jump over them she's at +6 on mid wakeup kicks and gets a guaranteed 5T while they're in BT so 75 damage right there. And on the low wakeup kick she's at +5 and you get a guaranteed 2T netting you 70 points. The timing is strict but considering if you can do it its guaranteed. Free damage for you. Tina is rocking good. Experiment more guys. (Day 1 with Tina here...)

OolongTea

8P ground throw is only guaranteed at certain heights. The higher you hit, the more advantage it gives.
I don't think 4P+KH works if they do an early wakeup kick, Hoods. I can't really test right now, but from early tests if they do an early wakeup kick the 4P+K will not cross up and you will be at minus frames in a BT position, they'll probably be the ones to get the free back throw :p If they stay on the ground a bit your strategy will probably work nicely :D

HoodsXx

It depends on how you actually go about it. If you put them into a situation where you can get a ground grab off of them and you know for a fact they'll do a wakeup kick it'll cross up. Only time it won't is if you do 4P+KH too early and they do the wakeup kick in anticipation to your 4P+KH otherwise it works everytime. I'll test the 8P thing but so far on lights and mids 8P 2T has worked off of any 9K into 8P right off the bat. Same with 9PK. Also works off of t Power Launcher uncharged. Run up 8P 2T. Anyways I'm sure guys already knew. But when you're close to a wall with rope. 44T as well as 67H force a wall bounce where they're put into a situation that they're forced to hold out of. If they hold right away as soon as they hit the ropes and its not a low hold she's at +17 3K is 15i (2) so 3K is able to connect right after they hold giving you a free hit against the way which you can then wall splat them and go for a ft if they don't tech or go for her grab either T or 4T haven't tested 41236T yet. With a low hold she's at +22. So experiment away with those as well if you haven't already.

HoodsXx

Found out something else. So after 6H+K 2T if they do a wakeup kick right away as soon as you finish doing your ground grab if you buffer SSK it'll beat out the mid wakeup kick everytime. This is only if they don't delay their wakeup kick and you buffer SSK. Just something to note.

TRI Mike

8P2T as a juggle option is fine and all but most times (at least in my case), a raw launcher gives me enough heigh to either 4T into a wall behind Tina or 41236T for max damage. If the opponent is a lightweight I can even do 6PP6KT sometimes as if the launcher happened after a CB!.

HoodsXx

6PP6K 8P2T is the same damage as doing that with 4T. As for 41236T in terms of wanting to stay on your opponent its best used near a wall otherwise in the open its not worth it imo since Tina doesn't exactly have good ranged options for coming in. Stun -, launch or playing the stun game a bit and launch into 4T does the same amount of damage as 8P 2T. She's a little distance away so again doing it towards a wall is better. Just for open space 8P 2T is stronger than T. But doing her air grab puts her at +5 when they get up compared to 8P 2T which puts you at neutral so its just your preference really.

Last edited:

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
In your honest opinions, do you guys think Tina is worth using still? I'm rather conflicted on a third character at this point and have been looking at Tina a bit, but I can't quite make my mind up.
-Tina is still a very strong character in the game. Just have to rework your play style.

So screw the "old ground game" for a second considering wakeup kicks are pretty much useless now as they don't stun heavily unless you be dumb and get hit on CH. After her 8P bound you can run up do 8P again and the ground throw is guaranteed. Same thing with if you put them in the air. 8P in the air and guaranteed ground throw. Man... I see what virtua pai was saying. You guys really gotta experiment more... Also btw peeps. Instead of doing 6H+K to beat out lows and mid wakeup kicks. Just do 4P+KH not only do you jump over them she's at +6 on mid wakeup kicks and gets a guaranteed 5T while they're in BT so 75 damage right there. And on the low wakeup kick she's at +5 and you get a guaranteed 2T netting you 70 points. The timing is strict but considering if you can do it its guaranteed. Free damage for you. Tina is rocking good. Experiment more guys. (Day 1 with Tina here...)
-This is what I have always said. Experiment more, and do not think what is known now, will be the final result. Remember When Dr.Dogg and I would get in all those arguments about Doa5 Vanilla? He said Helena was Low tiered and was utter crap. I said, give her some time, and she would be a lot better than previously expected? Look what happened, The bitch became Top tiered over night with her blender shenanigans!

Doa_Eater

When Dr.Dogg and I would get in all those arguments about Doa5 Vanilla? He said Helena was Low tiered and was utter crap. I said, give her some time, and she would be a lot better than previously expected? Look what happened, The bitch became Top tiered over night with her blender shenanigans!

Even if correct that is the most unprofessional thing to do for an unreleased game, especially if he was a paid advertiser. "Here's the game, this character is just shown and down worry he's low tier". Some peeps even play exclusively low tier!

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Even if correct that is the most unprofessional thing to do for an unreleased game, especially if he was a paid advertiser. "Here's the game, this character is just shown and down worry he's low tier". Some peeps even play exclusively low tier!
-I totally agree. On Fact side, I knew he was going to be incorrect. No one was going to have a full grasp of the game without true High Level Comp.

TRI Mike

Why are you guys considering her better than in vanilla¿ with 6H+K, 8P, KK and all the other nerfs I seriously am failing to see what's improving.

TRI Mike

I know I'm very far from being a pro but I truly don't see how this Tina is better than vanilla's. The nerfs hit the most important moves.

STBALLA1990

When I play Tina I just utilize her hard-knockdowns to ground grab. They dont want her to stun, then I will take throw damage all day.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD