Balance Tina's wishes for an DOA5U patch

TRI Mike

I've been without internet connection since the day the game came out so it's been kinda hard for me to discuss and make opinions on the game but now that it's fixed, I feel like I can finally sit down and do this. It's no secret that our character, Tina, was ridiculously butchered with nerfs in Ultimate (if you don't agree, you probably didn't know much about vanilla Tina), making her possibly as useless as in DOA4, I recently managed to make another thread listing the huge nerfs and very small buffs she got so you can check them out there.

This thread however, is to make a list of wishes we have for our main to make her better than in both Vanilla and DOA3. The point is that we discuss, add and remove things as we agree on them and then I'd like everyone to share them with TN however they can. With luck, we could possibly get a positive response in an imminent patch that will inevitably nerf Rachel. But that's besides the point. So here goes:

1 - Every single nerf she got in Ultimate should at least be reverted to vanilla status, example, :6::6::K: sit-down stunning crouching opponents, :P::K::K: and :K::K: giving the unholdable back-turned stun, etc. None of the things she lost were overpowered and they definitely didn't deserve to be nerfed. We have to put our foot down and be clear on this.

2 - I still think Shining Wizard should be an OH. This is my reasoning behind this: A running Tina only has two options: slow strikes and a throw. Both options can be easily interrupted by poking because chances are the other character is faster than her and will have something faster than her running strikes. But with Shining Wizard being an OH, the opponents would have to think twice about trying to jab or poke a running Tina because a HCH OH from her would hurt a lot. If they decide to throw, then she has her running strikes.

3 - :1::K: should guarantee a ground throw in CH and HCH. It's a nice low poke but I feel like it should give something else, like in DOA3.

4 - :7::P::P::P: should go back to be a high punches string. People actually fell for this a lot before 1.03a and the mix-ups were useful being mid punch and a throw. Besides I don't really see the point of her two CB moves being mid punches. Another thing, I seriously think the first punch in the string is way too slow. 5-6 frames faster should be more than enough.

5- This is probably more of a personal thing but since vanilla, I've been having a LOT of trouble with the :6::4::H+P: input. Every time I try to do it, I get :4::H+P: instead because Tina seems to register :6: as walking forward or something like that. I repeat, I dunno if it's a buffering problem or a mistake I'm making but even with practice and in Training Mode I have a hard time using this move. In all my controllers. So maybe we should look into this¿

6 - I seriously think the last punch in :6::P::P::P+K: should cause a sit-down or faint stun or anything unholdable. It has the same animation as the regular CB we all use but it doesn't cause it. Besides, it's already a mid-punch ender like :6::P::P::P: so I don't really see the point of it just stunning. If I wanted that I'd just cancel after the second punch and use something else.

7- She's a grappler so I think she should have more grabs like the ones after :K: and :6::K:. I dunno which moves though.

8 - SS Throw should be an OH. I honestly don't think I've ever landed it on anyone, it's just too easy to interrupt it.

Saber

I messed around with Tina in vanilla, didn't main her, but what I will admit is that she doesn't need any nerfs. At all.

She's by far the most balanced characters of the roster. Very solid overall, yet, she's not braindead like Rachel. She requires some level of skill to play, and she's an excellent character without being overpowered.

I'd say to revert her to her vanilla self and keep her buffs from Ultimate. As with a lot of other characters, really (like Kokoro).

Doa_Eater

And dear god they should fix her throws and holds to splat properly. Worst character in the game currently imo!!!

Django

1 - Every single nerf she got in Ultimate should at least be reverted to vanilla status, example, :6::6::K: sit-down stunning crouching opponents, :P::K::K: and :K::K: giving the unholdable back-turned stun, etc. None of the things she lost were overpowered and they definitely didn't deserve to be nerfed. We have to put our foot down and be clear on this.

2 - I still think Shining Wizard should be an OH. This is my reasoning behind this: A running Tina only has two options: slow strikes and a throw. Both options can be easily interrupted by poking because chances are the other character is faster than her and will have something faster than her running strikes. But with Shining Wizard being an OH, the opponents would have to think twice about trying to jab or poke a running Tina because a HCH OH from her would hurt a lot. If they decide to throw, then she has her running strikes.

3 - :1::K: should guarantee a ground throw in CH and HCH. It's a nice low poke but I feel like it should give something else, like in DOA3.

5- This is probably more of a personal thing but since vanilla, I've been having a LOT of trouble with the :6::4::H+P: input. Every time I try to do it, I get :4::H+P: instead because Tina seems to register :6: as walking forward or something like that. I repeat, I dunno if it's a buffering problem or a mistake I'm making but even with practice and in Training Mode I have a hard time using this move. In all my controllers. So maybe we should look into this¿

6 - I seriously think the last punch in :6::P::P::P+K: should cause a sit-down or faint stun or anything unholdable. It has the same animation as the regular CB we all use but it doesn't cause it. Besides, it's already a mid-punch ender like :6::P::P::P: so I don't really see the point of it just stunning. If I wanted that I'd just cancel after the second punch and use something else.

8 - SS Throw should be an OH. I honestly don't think I've ever landed it on anyone, it's just too easy to interrupt it.

yes to 1,2,3,8.
5. i feel the same with :4::6::H+P:
6. :6::P::P::P+K: should just CB like come on

other ones :6::H+K: being -9... so dumb
and the stun on :6::K: was so good before over +20 and now it gets shake down to +13, only can combo :P: to it
and if they were to hold out of it was was like +38

DontForkWitMe

Eliot is real solid in 5U and definitely an improvement over vanilla. his only real notable nerf is his 7p i9 strike no longer causing deep stun on CH but now he has a tracking mid and can open up opponents much easier with his NH deep stun lows.

now back on topic Tina is sounding like she got shitted on in favor of another newly added blonde, big titted, blue eyed powerhouse grappler who im sure you all know who im referring to.

Doa_Eater

Ok i agree, like i said from just seeing her she seemed weaker to me, but do you really think she is the worst character? Or was it sarcasm?

Absolutely uphill battle especially since every character was buffed where they need to be buffed. I'm completely random against qoodmai. Less guarantee damage for a slow punch 11f character with everyone safe on -4. Great job Team Ninja i believe this is the most balanced DOA to date.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD