Balance Tina's wishes for an DOA5U patch

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Congrats THAT is YOUR playstyle that doesn't make her better dude. Besides being aggressive at best will catch someone off guard, but doing it vs. someone that won't fall for it Tina getting wrecked. Let's see her try it vs. Jacky or Leifang.That is like saying Zack is top 5 because I play a style that takes advantage of his speed and mixup game. I call it Strategic rushdown. But the way i play a character has no effect on a tier list or ranking system. It's about their tools and what they can do with them.
-A players style of play makes many the difference. You mentioned how Tina is stuck guarding and capitalizing on on an opponent's mistake. That is not something that is universal, and is in fact an observation from your own personal experience. You are making the assumption that an opposing player will wreck Tina for the use of :1::P:. You sir are forgetting that these matches are not static, and variation in tactics will be used dependent on the circumstance. :1::P: is a Counter to those characters who have faster Jab speeds. Those Characters utilizing anything other than Jab, leave themselves open to counter strike from Tina's own Jab.

She is pretty unsafe..that doesn't help your case. Her GBs still leave her negative and the safest thing I know she is -3. Hooray to that.
-Being safe is merely the ability to attack and not being punished on block after it's use. Tina has plenty of attacks that fit in this category, in fact Overall, Tina has 28 or So safe Attacks at her disposal. This makes her a pretty safe character. All of Her GB's do not lead to negative on block. :4::6::P: is +1 up close and scales up to +5 with range. :7::K: is +9, Wall :4::P:+:K: +12~16, and :2::h:+:K: is +1.

Look dude I like you and all..but it when comes to damage control you're one of the best at it in this community. Not only do I like this character and know how she works. I know she got rape in this game and is really bad, not bottom 5 but bottom 10. Also YOUR playstyle with a character doesn't automatically make them a good character. What type of logic is that? Just admit that she sucks and hope she gets fixed in the Marie Rose version.
-Sir, this has absolutely nothing to do with damage controlling. I nor the community would benefit from said action If I did not believe in what I stated. The Logic is maybe your particular play style is not the most effective with the character...What you are capable of or Not have absolutely no barring on how another player may view said character, and utilize her. DOA5U released in September 2013, two or so months ago....Concrete understanding of any character is not even practical, nor feasible a this moment in time. This is why such discussions are currently taking place.

Doa_Eater

I am truly interested in the upcoming update and this is more so coming of as a curiosity as due to the value and treatment that Team Ninja gives characters like Tina,Bayman,Leon,Bass heck even Lisa who's a more accessible character then the others was hit hard.

Man Tekken and Virtua Fighter grapplers laugh so out loud to DOA "grapplers", it's not even funny!

MasterHavik

-A players style of play makes many the difference. You mentioned how Tina is stuck guarding and capitalizing on on an opponent's mistake. That is not something that is universal, and is in fact an observation from your own personal experience. You are making the assumption that an opposing player will wreck Tina for the use of :1::P:. You sir are forgetting that these matches are not static, and variation in tactics will be used dependent on the circumstance. :1::P: is a Counter to those characters who have faster Jab speeds. Those Characters utilizing anything other than Jab, leave themselves open to counter strike from Tina's own Jab.

-Being safe is merely the ability to attack and not being punished on block after it's use. Tina has plenty of attacks that fit in this category, in fact Overall, Tina has 28 or So safe Attacks at her disposal. This makes her a pretty safe character. All of Her GB's do not lead to negative on block. :4::6::P: is +1 up close and scales up to +5 with range. :7::K: is +9, Wall :4::P:+:K: +12~16, and :2::h:+:K: is +1.

-Sir, this has absolutely nothing to do with damage controlling. I nor the community would benefit from said action If I did not believe in what I stated. The Logic is maybe your particular play style is not the most effective with the character...What you are capable of or Not have absolutely no barring on how another player may view said character, and utilize her. DOA5U released in September 2013, two or so months ago....Concrete understanding of any character is not even practical, nor feasible a this moment in time. This is why such discussions are currently taking place.
Well Tina is struck guarding and getting the punishment while she can she doesn't have the speed to keep most characters off her. Once again there are define playstyles for characters trying to be aggressive with Tina will get you killed. And thinking Tina's 1P will save your Bass is like a Bass thinking all they need is 1P to deal with fast jabs. Well news flash dude that doesn't make Bass/Tina already bad mus better. You can say it's what i have done with the character on my own time and vs. other Tina players. But it's the best way to play her hands down.

Not about the safe thing...congrats for treating me like an idiot and telling what a fucking safe move is? Dude do think I'm stupid or something? I know what a safe move is. And 28 safe moves? What kool-aid are you drinking she does that even have that many dude and is taking risks left and right. Thanks for the GB info, but dude she isn't very safe..this random number you pulled from the sky doesn't help your case.

I say your damage controlling because you can't see how bad of a job TN did with Tina and you're like," Well guysz my playstyle with her shows she is good character. You guys are crying about nothing." Also to use the ," Oh it's too soon dude. It's too early." Is a bunch of carp people like me and others have been going out of way to breakdown characters in this game. You're talking to someone that has fully broken down Zack with help of course and it's not even Jan yet. you should know I love my Zack so bs time frame means nothing to me when I like to explore characters like a Zack, a Rachel, or a Tina. Don't use that an excuse to cover up her flaws.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
MasterHavik said:
Well Tina is struck guarding and getting the punishment while she can she doesn't have the speed to keep most characters off her. Once again there are define playstyles for characters trying to be aggressive with Tina will get you killed.
-Frame data shows that Tina is on par(speed wise) with the rest of the cast. The only characters that can truly lock Tina down are those with 9 frame jabs. Outside of that, no other character can truly force her to guard.

-Defined...aka Pre Set playstyles...No, absolutely not. There are however parameters a character must abide to, and a player must use that to the best of their ability. Bayman who is slower than Tina, has been shown to be aggressive by Rikuto's very own playstyle. This contradicts what you have stated. Like I have posted earlier, a player's playstyle makes many the difference. There is no other Bayman player on this planet like this man, he is quite adapt at making his character's weakness his strength.

Not about the safe thing...congrats for treating me like an idiot and telling what a fucking safe move is? Dude do think I'm stupid or something? I know what a safe move is. And 28 safe moves? What kool-aid are you drinking she does that even have that many dude and is taking risks left and right. Thanks for the GB info, but dude she isn't very safe..this random number you pulled from the sky doesn't help your case.
-Are you fucking kidding me!!! Are you being serious right now. I don't pull out arbitrary numbers out of my ass. If you look at the damn frame data(which is also in the DOA5 guide), you will see yourself the amount of safe moves she have. This fact alone changes how she can be played...instead of you taking risks left and right and in turn playing an under par Tina.

I say your damage controlling because you can't see how bad of a job TN did with Tina and you're like," Well guysz my playstyle with her shows she is good character. You guys are crying about nothing." Also to use the ," Oh it's too soon dude. It's too early." Is a bunch of carp people like me and others have been going out of way to breakdown characters in this game. You're talking to someone that has fully broken down Zack with help of course and it's not even Jan yet. you should know I love my Zack so bs time frame means nothing to me when I like to explore characters like a Zack, a Rachel, or a Tina. Don't use that an excuse to cover up her flaws.
-I am not impressed. I have been breaking down this series to exact detail before you was even thought of. In fact, I am the very first to do so with such accuracy and abundacy. I have seen for myself numerous amount of times of said chracter being told to be garbage/great, yet a couple months/years down the line it is no longer true. Look at freaking Helena in Vanilla. How soon we forget that she was said to be garbage tier, than in a few months bitch is the best in the game. Please do not forget that I have been playing Tina competitevly for years, so I not some inexperienced player who is talking shit out his ass.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The best Tina I know is Renarism... haven't seen him play in ages. Other regular Tina players are complaining as well. I know when I use her the only effective strategy for me is to bait people into holding so I can get a damaging throw. Most players are smart enough to realize that and will pressure Tina like no tomorrow... and she's an easy character to pressure... especially in a game like Ultimate, where some characters work while others can't get the job done.

I don't think I've lost to a Tina yet in Ultimate, and that's because she's not nearly as viable as other characters (especially ones with REAL advantage). Most of the good characters in Ultimate either excel in speed or advantage, Tina doesn't necessarily excel in either.

I'm trying to feel what you're saying as I enjoy Tina, but it's not making much sense to me.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
deathofaninja said:
The best Tina I know is Renarism... haven't seen him play in ages. Other regular Tina players are complaining as well. I know when I use her the only effective strategy for me is to bait people into holding so I can get a damaging throw. Most players are smart enough to realize that and will pressure Tina like no tomorrow... and she's an easy character to pressure... especially in a game like Ultimate, where some characters work while others can't get the job done.

I don't think I've lost to a Tina yet in Ultimate, and that's because she's not nearly as viable as other characters (especially ones with REAL advantage). Most of the good characters in Ultimate either excel in speed or advantage, Tina doesn't necessarily excel in either.

I'm trying to feel what you're saying as I enjoy Tina, but it's not making much sense to me.

-I just don't see her being bad with the tools available. Maybe it's because I simply dont play her like other people.

DR2K

She's fine as is, health needs to be lowered overall and she'll get a bigger buff if she stays the same.

Doa_Eater

-I just don't see her being bad with the tools available. Maybe it's because I simply dont play her like other people.

Well we'd like to see you play Virtua Pai and root for you, shake up the tournament statistic a bit. It's just too predictable with the current build.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
Well we'd like to see you play Virtua Pai and root for you, shake up the tournament statistic a bit. It's just too predictable with the current build.
-I guess I have too. Cause I am just not seeing what some of you guys are seeing. It could be due to the fact that I played 3.1 which is very similar to that of 5U, and As a Tina player I had to go up against very similar odds and come up with counter strat to their tech.
She's fine as is, health needs to be lowered overall and she'll get a bigger buff if she stays the same.
-I swear I was starting to go crazy over this.

Doa_Eater

-I guess I have too. Cause I am just not seeing what some of you guys are seeing. It could be due to the fact that I played 3.1 which is very similar to that of 5U, and As a Tina player I had to go up against very similar odds and come up with counter strat to their tech.

-I swear I was starting to go crazy over this.

Well finally Yesssssss. And actually i agree with you on everything that u mentioned in this topic VirtuaPai, Tina is absolutely amazing, she snares, crushes, frame traps and her damage combo potential is through the roof. But to many players this game is just a flowchart, online is even worse, they just dont know the numbers or anything.

And that 240 whatever vs 300 topic is ridiculous, of course you're gonna get negative response from players who character with barely minus 5 frame moves and can harass easily across arenas. That's what true safety is!

Crext

Standard Donor
I think she needs lower frame moves for opening offense. She is too much around the place, give her decreased damage from striking, and increased damage for throwing, and boost her air throws with more damage as a reward for being able to complete a string. This way you balance her to get more chances to enter combat without relying on holds so much for damage. At this point people are just "never" holding and just trade strikes with her, which they'd mostly win.

GaztheInvader

Hello!!! New Tina player here... My main wishes for buffs in a new doa5u patch would be 1. The stun frame advantage of 6K needs to be reverted back to the way it was in vanilla... 2. Obviously 6H+K needs to guard break. I don't think TN is even going to consider bringing back the Vanilla ground game so FTs are mostly out. Though I still get to do my favotite FT (if the person doesn't tech) which is 7K followed by 66P+K.

That aside, usually I can deal with most characters that have 9frame mid punches, but does any other tina player here have an exceptional hard time dealing with good Sarah users??

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
Well finally Yesssssss. And actually i agree with you on everything that u mentioned in this topic VirtuaPai, Tina is absolutely amazing, she snares, crushes, frame traps and her damage combo potential is through the roof. But to many players this game is just a flowchart, online is even worse, they just dont know the numbers or anything.

And that 240 whatever vs 300 topic is ridiculous, of course you're gonna get negative response from players who character with barely minus 5 frame moves and can harass easily across arenas. That's what true safety is!
-I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or displaying truthful opinion here. No disrespect.

Hello!!! New Tina player here... My main wishes for buffs in a new doa5u patch would be 1. The stun frame advantage of 6K needs to be reverted back to the way it was in vanilla...
-What was it in Vanilla? Wouldnt you want more frame advantage on block, and and not so much on stun?

Obviously 6H+K needs to guard break.
-I agree.

That aside, usually I can deal with most characters that have 9frame mid punches, but does any other tina player here have an exceptional hard time dealing with good Sarah users??
-You must mean 9 frame Jabs(high punches), cause there are no single hitting 9 frame mid attacks in the game. I personally do find Sarah to be kinda a counter Tina.

Last edited:

Doa_Eater

-I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or displaying truthful opinion here. No disrespect.

I was truthful, but i'm not optimistic in general due to the whole "triangle system" that enforces nerfing to grapplers as a way of balancing the game.

GaztheInvader

-
What was it in Vanilla? Wouldnt you want more frame advantage on block, and and not so much on stun?

-You must mean 9 frame Jabs(high punches), cause there are no single hitting 9 frame mid attacks in the game. I personally do find Sarah to be kinda a counter Tina.
Really? My bad!!! I thought Sarah 6P was 9frames

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD