Tomonobu Itagaki On Dead or Alive 5: “My Daughter Was Totally Ruined”

Argentus

So you prefer bright, happy, and silly, right? I would take it then that you like street fighter's story mode for similar reasons?
not at all, no. I hate SF's visuals, with a few exceptions. Far too goofy.

I like vibrant, lively, and beautiful.

Hence why I love Final Fantasy XIII's aesthetic, as well as the Sonic Storybook series. And El Shaddai. And the Naruto Storm series. And Jojo All Star Battle (this one, arguable, only really a few ultimates). And GG Xrd. And One Piece Unlimited Adventure. And Asura's Wrath. And Dead Or Alive 3, 2U, and 4. And so on.

I love beautiful ART.

Kohlrak

Understandable. You like bright and happy, but not silly. As awesome as that is, the market and gamers at large are moving away from that. I'm personally a big fan of dark, clean, with neon colors. I find night missions in flight sims rather soothing. Unfortunately, those color schemes are usually used sparsely, poorly, or not at all. The good news is, eventually people will get sick of dark and dirty, and will come to like technecolor again. You just gotta keep the games you like alive long enough to see it's return.

Dr Drake

Btw DOA5 is too dark in generell.
To make a game serious, it dont has to be dark it has to be serious.
Colors are good, look for exsample at Killer Instinct it is a cool game and has alot of colors. You dont have to like KI but this game is a great exsample for Colorful cool games and "good looking chicks" that are not oversexed.
And when i look at Kyoto in DoA4 and Kyoto in DoA5 i like the Kyoto alot more in in DoA4.

But i agree in terms of the over Sexuality in this game. Some things are too much. I know alot of people who get pissed of when they play Online and they have to fight all the bikini warriors.
They should made a DoAX3 for these people imo.

P.S. sorry for my English i dont write or speak it very often.

Kohlrak

Btw DOA5 is too dark in generell.
To make a game serious, it dont has to be dark it has to be serious.
Colors are good, look for exsample at Killer Instinct it is a cool game and has alot of colors. You dont have to like KI but this game is a great exsample for Colorful cool games and "good looking chicks" that are not oversexed.
And when i look at Kyoto in DoA4 and Kyoto in DoA5 i like the Kyoto alot more in in DoA4.

I agree, but the darkness isn't for seriousness. It's because people today equate darker with better graphics, which is why CoD has really bad textures (they've actually gotten noticeable worse when compared side by side with a lighting filter), but they've been getting better graphics ratings.

But i agree in terms of the over Sexuality in this game. Some things are too much. I know alot of people who get pissed of when they play Online and they have to fight all the bikini warriors.
They should made a DoAX3 for these people imo.

P.S. sorry for my English i dont write or speak it very often.

It's a strategy. I know if i'm going to fight nightpup i'm going to pick Ein and i'm going to go shirtless. Now i know that if i see your name, i'm going to pick bikinis until i find one that's bothering you the most. People are picking them to mess with you, not to get their own jollys off. Their own pleasure only happens offline, because enjoying yourself online is not culturally acceptable.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Define "well" please.
...Sure.

Well = A term that relates to how good something is or a positive status. Basically describing something/someone that is functioning decently or proficiently.
There are several definitions of the term as well. The definition described above is the one I used for making my previous statement obviously.
... To provide one example of another variant:
A deep hole or shaft sunk into the earth to obtain water, oil, gas, or brine.
Here are the appropriate reference(s):
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/well
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/well

JETMICHAEL

...Sure.

Well = A term that relates to how good something is or a positive status. Basically describing something/someone that is functioning decently or proficiently.
There are several definitions of the term as well. The definition described above is the one I used for making my previous statement obviously.
... To provide one example of another variant:
A deep hole or shaft sunk into the earth to obtain water, oil, gas, or brine.
Here are the appropriate reference(s):
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/well
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/well
OMFG! ROTF! LMFAO!!! YOOS GUYZ R A FURRREAKIN' RIOT!!! I LOVE IT! AMITUOFO!!! ;) :p <3 __/l\__

Dr Drake

I agree, but the darkness isn't for seriousness. It's because people today equate darker with better graphics, which is why CoD has really bad textures (they've actually gotten noticeable worse when compared side by side with a lighting filter), but they've been getting better graphics ratings.

It's a strategy. I know if i'm going to fight nightpup i'm going to pick Ein and i'm going to go shirtless. Now i know that if i see your name, i'm going to pick bikinis until i find one that's bothering you the most. People are picking them to mess with you, not to get their own jollys off. Their own pleasure only happens offline, because enjoying yourself online is not culturally acceptable.

I have nothing agasint Bikini or shirtless Fighters, as you can see is my Avatar a Tina picture with the Bikini thing. I dont care what outfit my enemy is wearing. I spoke there for my brother and a few others i know. And I know alot of people who dropped it because of that. I just think the Bikini stuff is just not healthy for the game in generell. Its fast money but its not good for long franchise. For the Bikini stuff they should make a DOAX.

Kohlrak

I have nothing agasint Bikini or shirtless Fighters, as you can see is my Avatar a Tina picture with the Bikini thing. I dont care what outfit my enemy is wearing. I spoke there for my brother and a few others i know. And I know alot of people who dropped it because of that. I just think the Bikini stuff is just not healthy for the game in generell. Its fast money but its not good for long franchise. For the Bikini stuff they should make a DOAX.

I think it's good in moderation. The excessive bikinis aren't helping much at all. I'm not a bikini connoisseur: i don't know one from the other.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD