Toronto, Ontario, Canada

franman

So anyone from Toronto here play DOA competitively? Once DOA 5 is released, it's probably good idea to chill and hang @ A&C where you get to meet new players.

I go there sometimes but not so often; I play the 3D fighting games such as Soul Calibur 5 and recently got into Virtua Figher 5. I gave up on Tekken 6 as it's not my type of fighting game.

So in finalized words I just wanna say hi to all you Torontonians and hopefully by the time DOA 5 gets released I'll probably meet some of guys @ A&C or probably elsewhere in Toronto.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
You've got Xdest lurking somewhere in Toronto, but after BlazBlue came out he disappeared off into the horizon. Dunno if he has any intention of coming back.

Cyber and I are about three hours south of Toronto in Rochester. Not exactly a drive we would make often, but not entirely out of the question on my end if you boys get something started up. I can already imagine Cyber grumbling about the distance though, so jury is out for him.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I fucking hate driving long distances. 'Grumbling' is a very light version of what I'd be doing, however it's not out of the question by any means.

Jefffcore

If need be I could meet you in Hamilton. If you're comfortable leaving your car, that'd cut your trip by 45 minutes or so. I could try and get AngryWorm to go, too... if he gets the game.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Eh, cutting 45 minutes likely wouldn't do me any good unless I was leaving my car at someone's house; someone that I knew, too. Gotten towed a couple of times and it's an annoying, expensive thing to deal with. If I drive the first two I'm good for the last hour.

RoboJoe

I know I saw some other fsd members from Toronto around here somewhere, but I guess they're hiding in the woodwork right now. That, or I'm imagining things again. Anyway, it's nice to know other Toronto players exist and I'm not alone here in my igloo.

lucky jim

Hello ~

I'm going to try and get into DoA 5 and will be looking to attend locals.. haven't played much of the previous games, though.. so it'll be a learning experience. I started playing the DoA 4 demo on Xbox to get somewhat familiar with the mechanics, though I know a lot has changed :)

Hoping there are enough people interested in the game that we can get some regulars going @ A&C.

SCPartisan

Yo!

London, ON resident here, but I find myself in Toronto at least once a month for tournies/gatherings for SC. I'll be getting into DoA 5 with no prior experience in the series but quite a bit of exp in the 3D genre. Not sure I've met any of you already (except Franman :p) but I look forward to meeting up with the scene in the near future! See you all around launch ;D

s-blade

Oh wow, cool.

Sup everyone! only name in here I recognize so far is Partisan, but I'm at A&C every monday already (mostly for KOF). I'll be running DOA5 probably every monday once it drops.

So yeah, come to A&C mondays and you'll get people to play against. Later in the night rather than sooner in the afternoon.

Note that most people aren't quite "hiding in the woodwork", they simply....chill on FB, chill on IRC or go to A&C every week. A&C really is the best place to go here when it comes to new games. If we come in force then we can easily recruit more people to learn the game and become part of the "Toronto DOA Community"

Here's the Canadian DOA FB group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/436310689743566/

Well I am not in TO, but in Brockville but this is the closest thing to a true Ontario thread.

Brockville is home to all of 2 competitive FG players(me being one) and a bunch of scrubs. We try to make it out to tourneys when we can.

onelasttime

While I was at a Cineplex theater today seeing The Possession (which was fucking terrifying.) I came across an ad about renting out a cinema for Xbox play, business presentations ect... I asked about it, it's $200 CAD for every 2 hours. I was thinking that when I get my licence next year that all of us southern Ontarian's could meet halfway and rent out a Cineplex cinema, and split on the cost to play DOA for 2 or 4 hours.

TheOtherJN

Holy fuck, I envy how you guys can budget that much time and money for travelling + fighting games. My current occupation of post-secondary health/science student with little income really fucks me in those departments.

Have fun y'all. One day I'll meet you guys...

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
Live in Toronto proper, roughly about 12 min walk from Yonge and Dundas.
I'm down for anything, been a while since I've been in any tournaments, but still up for getting involved in the local community.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD