Two other things I REALLY hope they change with DOA5U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentus

Rap is not about melody or harmony its about rhythm and bass and it can certainly be a good fighting music. Rap is about two beats interacting with each other and performing this beautiful dance of music. One beat being the beat that you hear in the background and the other being the voice of the raper.
I can understand if you don't like the music because you don't know how it works but don't call it noise just because you don't get it that is just ignorant. In the song in the DOA5 menu however the two beats do nothing to compliment each other or work with each other they are just being played at the same time while true rap requires the artists to use his voice and words to interact with the beat and play with it. Also rap uses rhymes and a clever way to rhyme words even when they don't rhyme by putting pauses in between one word for example: communism -> com - munism

"so i tryed this new political view com
munism and it makes me come
and hit them"

Notice that im using the com part to rhyme with come by putting it on the end of the sentence.
There are much more ways of doing this but that song of DOA5 is just amateurs with no clue of what they are doing and just picked a beat and wrote some text that rhymes with no interaction with the beat so. But that is not what rap is rap is way more complicated than that so don't call it noise better yet don't call any music noise if you don't get it.

You misunderstand.

I'm not saying rap is noise. I'm saying the rap used in the menus (along with a good chunk of modern rap) is noise.

Such as the stuff thats nothing but "Yeah motherfucker yeah motherfucker bitch fuck yeah motherfuckin whore yeah". Which is sadly the majority of modern rap lyrics. That crap is just noise.

SaihateDYNAMO

No, just most of it, and specifically, what plays during the DOA5 online menus.

I've heard some good rap (mostly older stuff), but stuff like this is just noise.

Plus, like I said, its hard for me to think of rap as "fight music". I forever associate rap with kids trying to look tough just standing around or showing off their cars and "cribs". Or guys who just flat have no idea what they are doing (like holding a gun "gangsta style" sideways, which makes firing the gun really inaccurate) Its just basically been imprinted as "music for wannabes and posers" to me.

Rock is good fight music (hence the old aerosmith openings being awesome). Techno can be good fight music (good chunk of the character themes). Rap? Not so much, really. I've seen fights go better with classical music than with rap. Again though, I've heard some rap which makes for good fight music. But what they have isn't one of em.

tumblr_m8jy767CId1qdwli2.gif

Argentus

The only two things I'm hoping for at the moment is if they remove that stupid 50% health limit for Power Launchers. They're extremely impractical as they are now since we already have Power Blows for dishing out big damage. The other thing being, well, another stage that's actually big and interactive like the stages from the previous DoAs. Or Aerial Gardens, but that's just wishful thinking.

With all due respect, you are SURELY mistaken...

Not the worst I've heard, but to me,

This is better fighting rap. It needs a good beat to fight to.

Hell, Vanilla Ice did better fighting rap 20 years ago.

You know what this game really needs ? (really and ? are the final boss themes, and so may be spoilers) The Metal Gear Rising soundtrack. Thank god for custom music on Xbox 360.

And I'm sorry, but rock just makes for better fight music. Hence why it is the go-to musical genre for action scenes in all forms of media, from video games to shows to movies to advertisements to cartoons.

And then there's Techno, which is what the character themes mostly were, and they were oh so fucking awesome.

Even Orchestra.

Even what you posted is leagues beyond the crap they having in the DOA5 Online Menu (And most of the completely forgettable stage songs in DOA5.)

David Gregg

I only like that rap b/c it's Chosen1 and b/c he's actually rapping about the DOA characters. Have heard better (but I have heard much worse). Can't wait for the character themes though. I have plus for the vita and Mila and Rig's themes are kick ass I alternated and gave every character those 2 themes alone. :cool:

Argentus

I only like that rap b/c it's Chosen1 and b/c he's actually rapping about the DOA characters. Have heard better (but I have heard much worse). Can't wait for the character themes though. I have plus for the vita and Mila and Rig's themes are kick ass I alternated and gave every character those 2 themes alone. :cool:

Eh...yeah okay, kudos to the actual artist for his work getting into the game.

It's like Pirates of the Carribbean. Congrats to Johnny Depp for being immortalized at Disneyland. But at the same time, constant "HAVE YOU SEEN JACK SPARROW I"M LOOKING FOR JACK SPARROW WE'LL FIND JACK SPARROW WHERE'S JACK SPARROW" has utterly destroyed any chance of enjoying the ride anymore.

Also, I wasn't aware Mila had a theme. Link to it? Nothing comes up when I look it up.

David Gregg

Eh...yeah okay, kudos to the actual artist for his work getting into the game.

It's like Pirates of the Carribbean. Congrats to Johnny Depp for being immortalized at Disneyland. But at the same time, constant "HAVE YOU SEEN JACK SPARROW I"M LOOKING FOR JACK SPARROW WE'LL FIND JACK SPARROW WHERE'S JACK SPARROW" has utterly destroyed any chance of enjoying the ride anymore.

Also, I wasn't aware Mila had a theme. Link to it? Nothing comes up when I look it up.

Ha ha okay fair enough you made your point and hopefully they give us the option to change it. Also I actually don't have a link for Mila's theme as I've only been able to hear it on my Vita (I forget the name I think it's called "Cheering Crowd" or something like that?) but that one is actually my favorite. It really pumps you up so it'll be awesome to hear it in Ultimate.

Argentus

Ha ha okay fair enough you made your point and hopefully they give us the option to change it. Also I actually don't have a link for Mila's theme as I've only been able to hear it on my Vita (I forget the name I think it's called "Cheering Crowd" or something like that?) but that one is actually my favorite. It really pumps you up so it'll be awesome to hear it in Ultimate.

ehm...is it rap, hiphop, rock, techno, what?

David Gregg

ehm...is it rap, hiphop, rock, techno, what?

Sorry I suck at describing things. lol. I was going to say "almost like a faster tempo version of Bass's Superstar Theme" but that sounds wrong so I just looked it up on youtube.

Type "PS Vita - Dead or Alive 5 Plus - Fights Request (Hayate, Akira, Mila, Tina, Kasumi) and the guy verses Mila and you can hear it.

Hope that sort of helps.

Argentus

Sorry I suck at describing things. lol. I was going to say "almost like a faster tempo version of Bass's Superstar Theme" but that sounds wrong so I just looked it up on youtube.

Type "PS Vita - Dead or Alive 5 Plus - Fights Request (Hayate, Akira, Mila, Tina, Kasumi) and the guy verses Mila and you can hear it.

Hope that sort of helps.

If its what I think it is, that sounds like an 80s rock training montage.

Which is, of course, AWESOME.

Jacnob

Really the only problem I have with the song is that it seems to use the same ten second loop for the beat. If it wasn't for that I'd be rather pleased with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD