System Understanding 1.04

Now that the patch for 1.04 has been released, we can explore some of the meaning behind it, and why it's important for players to take a look at their characters, and even the general system.

If you have found a hidden change or new tech, please report that in this thread so I can add it under the character summary. This is the communities patch notes, not a copy from the original source material.

Throws involving 33T are now easier to feel. I'm actually not sure how, but I'm guessing it's more strict to the input (360 player).

Certain sit-down stuns will now make the opponent sit closer to the offensive player. If you can report those sit-downs I will add them to a list.

Holds are now possible to initiate after a sit-down from behind.

Some moves have changed so they can be used during a crouching state. If you can report those sit-downs I will add them to a list.

The back draft danger zone on Hot Zone was changed so that you can follow up with decent damage after the stun.

Characters:

:ein:- damage input was increased for various moves and throws. He also has a new taunt option. Though he still suffers with some input and advantage issues, at least he gets more damage.

UpSideDownGRUNT: WRK is now easier to perform thanks to Ein's crouch buff.

4P+K now has faster start-up frames.

:leon:- thankfully, 1.04 allows Leon to be a little more manipulative. His 33P was fixed so he has enough range for follow-ups. 8PP is now safe against walls.

momiji_zpsf4656255.jpg

:momiji:- her lows were considered "too strong" and they were revised. Her Tenku is now harder to avoid, and a simple crouch or standing guard may not be evasive enough.

:rachel:- a lot of Rachel's lows were also revised. 2K advantage was buffed, and the damage has increased; but 2H+K advantage was nerfed +25 to +20 on counter hit.

:jacky:- combo damage and slight frame changes sum up Jacky's adjustments. A bug was also fixed that caused hits taken in Side Slide Shuffle to be back hits.

:kasumi:- damage increase on 46T and 3TT, along with some better juggle height.

:hayabusa:- did receive a damage increase on select throws and moves, but can longer avoid moves unintentionally, he can also no longer perform certain air combos because of the damage output.

"I knew I should have never done that Izuna into Izuna combo in tournament play. I should have waited until the last and final patch!" - Manny

:tina:- mid-ranged moves were buffed, and her strikes, OH and throws have been made easier to perform according to Team Ninja.

:jannlee: - Mr. Lee is now stronger close-range, and recieved a minor damage increase on 214T.

:leifang:- some guard advantage was changed, and 6T was changed to enable wall hits. According to Team Ninja, she's easier to fight with.

:zack:- with an delay increase on Fake Rolls and a Power Launcher command change, Zack is now slightly easier to control.

MasterHavik: All Zack's sit-downs put him closer to the opponent when he lands them so it's easier to follow up. Also making his Power Launcher 7P+K fixed an overlapping input with his 3P+K crush.

:bayman:- received damage buff on High K Expert hold, and a camera change on 4T.

:bass:- frame properties of certain moves have been adjusted. Bass' 4P+K was damage buffed.

Mr. Wah: A hit-box glitch on his 44p on crouching characters like Helena and Christie doesn't whiff anymore and actually hits them.

ayane_zps8abddebf.jpg

:ayane:- she has been balanced not only in damage and frame advantage, but some sloppy motion design on her mid-kick hold has been cleaned up. Some delayable frames on were also adjusted.

:helena:- some delayable frames have been adjusted, and some of her hurtboxes have been edited so she can no longer avoid moves without intention. A few lows have been revised and she also faces a small damage reduction on K and PK.

:hayate:- while his 2 or 8P+KP damage was reduced, and 3H+K delay frames were adjusted he is now safer on HK+K or PPKK, and 2K.

:hitomi:- Hitomi's damage output and guard avantage has been decreased slightly on some strings and throws. Stun type was also changed for PP4PPP and 4PPP. 8PPP will now cause a sit-down on normal.

:bradwong: - 236P damage has been increased from 28-40 which can denote a close-hit with a distance adjustment.

HoodsXx: 2H+KK 66P guaranteed (can't be held)
BT T.T scales again respectively. (NH/CH/HCH)
Stun - Launch combos are doing their respective damage from 1.03 in Vanilla.

:christie:- hitboxes have been adjusted so that she doesn't avoid more than intended. Her 3P+T no longer hits on the wall which creates more room for guaranteed damage near a wall.

:eliot:- some frame advantage properties have been changed. No damage buffs or nerfs.

DontForkWitMe: 6P+K now gives him some great juggle options and works as a great normal hit mid p launcher.

Super Heavies:
6p+k, (dash) instant 3p(x2) 2p+k 46p (62pt normal 76pt when 6p+k close hits)

Middle weight-Genfu weight:
6p+k, (dash) instant 3p(x2) 6pp46p (65pt normal 79pt when 6p+k close hits)

Light weights:
6p+k (dash) instant 3p, 2p+kp+k, 2p+k46p (72pt normal 86pt when 6p+k close hits)

:kokoro:- while receiving minor damage and advantage nerfs the Heichu has been revised to be more effective in combat.

GeoMighT: Removed the stun from Kokoro's (SS) P on NH

:lisa: - Some unintended damage was revised on 6T, and hits that were hard to land have been adjusted.

:mila:- "The properties of Mila's 6T was changed to encourage the use of a variety of throws. The properties of some of her low moves were revised."

6T Shenanigans No More

:genfu:- Power Launcher command changed from 44P+K to 7P+K to prevent unintended inputs.

Sweet Revenge:The faint stun... I guess some people had a problem with doing the 44p+k input and got 4p+k as well.

:alpha152: - Improvements added to characters control. Some commands were changed as as well as some motion changes, delay reduction on K string, advantage reduction on parry.

DOAN: Having 66T switch to 6T sounded like a blessing, but after trying B.U.R.S.T several times I realized that it unlocks 6T to occur more often. Getting B.U.R.S.T now means being more precise.

:akira:- "The input feel and the balance of Akira's air combo damage has been adjusted."

Darth Lotonic X: As of this patch, it seems that the delays are still present, but no longer eat your inputs with Akira, Pai and Sarah.

:sarah:- Some of Sarah's commands have been adjusted for input feel including some motion issues.

pai_zps153fc128.jpg

:pai:- Similar to Sarah, some motion and input properties have been changed to improve overall feel of character.

Once again, if you have found a hidden change, post it here and I will update the thread.

Last edited:
i'd test it out myself and contribute... but Xbox players are a bit screwed at the moment lol. I'd assume that Hayate's BT'd :4::K: and Jann Lees BT'd :4::K: have to do with this update, as well as other characters. Both of those moves put them in a sitdown state (Similar to Jann Lee's :H+K:) after their opponent is stunned. Not sure if the frame advantage is changed though :/

Ein's 33T actually works as intended now, very rare you'll get 66T but atleast it isn't the otherway round anymore. accidental 2T and 3T is now not possible from 33T.

Also, WRK is now alot easier to land now that Ein's crouching speed has been buffed to be the same speed as the rest of the cast making combos like:

(CB) WRK 3P PP6PK
and
(CB) WRK WRK 6KK better than before.

Regards to Mila's 6T change, the distance has been increased so 8PP against certain characters is no longer an option in open space making K the only option. HOWEVER, there are characters that 6T K will not hit on downhill slopes and flat ground. Imagine a GUard Break that is -40 and that is now how it feels when 6T used against those characters the K will miss on. Options from before remain the same next to a wall, the only thing she has left from that throw is a wall pressure game.
The lows were something that happened across the board, nothing entirely special there. There is a thread in the Mila section dedicated to the 6T change.

Understanding 1.04? Here's how to understand it: TN has no idea what they're doing and can't be trusted with knowledge of community tech. They also love arbitrary, pointless tweaks and are heavily adverse to gameplay balance.

Also, they love titties. Love-love-love them.

Since no other somewhat relevant player will say this, this patch is worthless and does almost nothing. And that's WITH Rachel AND Jann Lee's buffs, my two characters.

I appreciate the effort, and even what they did to my characters, but looking at it objectively this fixes nothing, while *possibly* breaking more.

Oh, and fuck those worthless bikini theater packs or whatever they call 'em.

just wanted to point out that brad's :236::P: only received a 2 point damage increase from 38 to 40, not 28 to 40.

the change was to Lisa's BT 6T, which does less damage when it catches a front facing opponent, but more damage when it catches a BT opponent.

Since no other somewhat relevant player will say this, this patch is worthless and does almost nothing. And that's WITH Rachel AND Jann Lee's buffs, my two characters.

I appreciate the effort, and even what they did to my characters, but looking at it objectively this fixes nothing, while *possibly* breaking more.

Oh, and fuck those worthless bikini theater packs or whatever they call 'em.
someone had to say it lol

I like the updated info for Eliot. Seems like there are some slight improvements that could help me in future matches.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD