DOA5U Upcoming patch wishlist

KwonJigglypuff

Most likely the latter.

On a side not, it'd be nice if 214P+K guaranteed BKO 6P+K. That'd be great to get a free CB.

That would be too easy don't you think ? I'm not complaining, just asking hehe

I want this back with an unique stun :

BcKtnxKCQAAFMGA.jpg

Omegan Eckhart

Most likely the latter.

On a side not, it'd be nice if 214P+K guaranteed BKO 6P+K. That'd be great to get a free CB.
Fuck I'd be happy if it guaranteed 6K.

Don't get your hopes up though, from 5 > 5U SDS's got weaker and all new ones offered jack shit as far as follow up were concerned. Any changes that happen are likely to go towards DOA4 rather than any competitive direction. Especially seeing as the Arcade Edition is targeted at Japanese players, who are the the ones who fought against TN giving characters decent SDS's in the first place.

Rawbietussin

A new 8P+K stomp animation would be nice. Probably something that looked like BT 6P+K in which it would have her in BKO stance if it didn't hit the opponent.

Arcade Ver.1.04 Patch

Helena
  • 2H+K, etc.: Counter Hit and above Critical changed.
  • 44PP2P, etc.: Delayable frames adjusted.
  • P+K Hurtbox adjusted.
  • 44P+K Hurtbox adjusted.
  • K: Damage reduced from 26 to 24.
  • 3KK: Effect on hit now the same as KKK.
  • PK: Damage reduced from 26 to 24.
  • K, KK, PK, PKK, 3K, 3KK: Delayable frames adjusted.
  • Back 4P+K: Guard advantage changed from -10 to -4F.
  • 3PP4, 6P4: Fixed issue that caused an off-axis when turning, resulting in front attacks.
  • 66H+K: Guard advantage changed from -16 to -5F.
  • H+K2: To prevent accidental input, delayable time adjusted.
  • Crouching state hurtbox adjusted.

It doesn't seem good for Helena so far for me.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
After rereading the two nerfs again:
- Damage for K and PK have been reduced from 26 to 24.
- K, KK, PK, PKK, 3K, and 3KK's delayable frames have been adjusted (meaning, Helena players may not be able to delay the string anymore).
I guess I can adjust.

Omegan Eckhart

P+K hurtbox adjusted? That's a nerf bat to it's crushing properties.
Less delayable frames on KKK and 3KKK? Hooray...
BT 4P+K is safe now? Meh.
66F+K is still unsafe but less so? Okay I guess.
Crouching state hurtbox adustment? What was wrong with her crouching animation?

F+K2 is still -1 on block? BS!

So all nerf's except one useless buff, being -4 in BT is still very dangerous, and one move is less unsafe but still unsafe.

ninjaguy446

Didn't it say that 3KK now does the same stun as KK string? That seems like a buff..... kind of..... :(

Last edited:

ninjaguy446

Copied over from casual thread...

Lol I don't know who said Helena got safer, but she most certainly did not. This patch made her suffer some more. Her K string was soo good because it was so delayable which basically made it safe, but now it sucks so much which is BS. You can barely delay it at all so there's no point in even using it outside of stun. I'm also pretty sure 2H+K gives you less advantage on CH and up. Oh yeah, P+K got nerfed too.

66H+K, which is almost useless outside of stun, is now safe even though it was unreasonably negative before the patch so there's that.. oh yeah, can't forget that BT 4P+K is now also safe! Another pretty useless move outside of launch.

The worst part is Genfu has left unscathed. /rant

What do you guys think?

Copied over from casual thread...

Lol I don't know who said Helena got safer, but she most certainly did not. This patch made her suffer some more. Her K string was soo good because it was so delayable which basically made it safe, but now it sucks so much which is BS. You can barely delay it at all so there's no point in even using it outside of stun. I'm also pretty sure 2H+K gives you less advantage on CH and up. Oh yeah, P+K got nerfed too.

66H+K, which is almost useless outside of stun, is now safe even though it was unreasonably negative before the patch so there's that.. oh yeah, can't forget that BT 4P+K is now also safe! Another pretty useless move outside of launch.

The worst part is Genfu has left unscathed. /rant

What do you guys think?

THis is not good at all. Just when I've gotten use to delaying her PKKK and KKK to interrupt pressure and now this.
Why does it feel like it's only going to go down hill for her from here on?

ScattereDreams

THis is not good at all. Just when I've gotten use to delaying her PKKK and KKK to interrupt pressure and now this.
Why does it feel like it's only going to go down hill for her from here on?

Whut? Helena is still perfectly fine lol. They made her faint stun safer (still punishable to some extent) BT 4P+K safer, and they fixed her 3pp4. She lost "2points" of damage on a couple of strings and some stuns were altered. Couldn't be happier.

ninjaguy446

Whut? Helena is still perfectly fine lol. They made her faint stun safer (still punishable to some extent) BT 4P+K safer, and they fixed her 3pp4. She lost "2points" of damage on a couple of strings and some stuns were altered. Couldn't be happier.
I'm glad that Helena's nerfs weren't devastating but I'm just wondering why in the world out of all of her plethora of unsafe strings and moves they would pick the two almost useless moves outside of stun semi safe? Lol it just doesn't make sense.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD