DOA6 Version 1.18 Patch Notes & Season Pass 4 Released

Team NINJA is starting this year off with a promise to the community to make Dead or Alive 6 the fighting game you want, but unfortunately they have held off with Version 1.18 to begin this conversion to that. To accompany the few balance changes & bug fixes made in 1.18 is the Season 4 Pass that launched on the 21st of January. Before release, Team NINJA previewed some of the new Cyber costumes on Twitter to launch the new pass, and there is no questioning that these are among the coolest looking DLC outfits in the game. The string of revival costume DLC will also continue separately sold from the season pass owners on the 21st starting with maid outfits.

While the season passes can get pricey keep in mind that it helps the developers make a better game and unlike some games all of the frame data in DOA6 is free and always has been, Core Fighters gives you four free fighters and the entire game save the story mode. You can stay in touch with DOA6 for free with regular updates and this includes: news moves, balance adjustments, victory & defeat pose animations plus the occasional free costume.

Coming with Season Pass 4 are additional costumes, with some being collaborations & design contest winners as shown at Dead or Alive Festival. The most notable release will be the Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation character making her debut to Dead or Alive 6. There is a lot of speculation in the community as to who it is, but everyone will find out this March!

What are your hopes for Version 1.19, and what are your thoughts with this week's release? Please feel free to share you opinions in the comments below. Big thanks to Kasumi Lover for handling the header image photography for this news post.

Last edited:
why would people study to create combos if doing a small one negates any possible risk of dropping with an equal reward?
The amount of people who insist that there is no oki in this game because they opt for close hit combo enders every time amazes me.

Virtually no one does their homework in DOA6.

The amount of people who insist that there is no oki in this game because they opt for close hit combo enders every time amazes me.

Since BladeZ and Hoodless are making a small fortune off of the game, they are realistically the most studious at this time and their Twitter accounts usually provide some great info. BladeZ is 100% right about heavies being fucked in this game with their actual weight because of the Close Hit combos launch height literally doesn't matter at all right now.

I find myself not needing to do homework because I'm going to secure a lot of victories with Tina's Crucifix Power-Bomb alone. I had to study a lot to be good at DOA5, and I think the bored feels have finally hit me pretty hard. It's not entirely DOAs fault as I would rather play Nioh 2, Cyber Punk or FFVII Remake right now even if DOA6 was a masterpiece.

Fun bit of information regarding new update I hear, there's increased hitbox on certain characters.

Kinda feel bad for Brad Wong lol.
See this is why I get nervous when TN release a new patch because there's always a high possibility of DOA 6 having glitches or questionable unnecessary balance changes.

Aside from a handful of characters that squeeked by with some setups? This game has zero oki. The last time doa had good ok was in vanilla 5 when hard knockdowns guaranteed a force tech. They took that away and oki went back to being highly siutational and character specific and it being non existent for others.

Shows how much of a mess DOA6 really is. Leifang also has multiple of these weird things going on. Not as bad as Brad Wong though from the looks of it xD

Brad Wong actually had it good in this game, well... had. I mean he still does, but he was one of the characters where it made more sense to improve him or not touch him at all. He was pretty better than his DOA5 counterpart (least imo), let alone his DOA4 one.

Still think he's better than his previous ones, but I agree that they didn't have to do Brad Wong like that lol. That man needed help, they gave him help, and from there they took some of it away by changing the built-in ones and just went "alright you are on your own".

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD