DOA6 Version 1.21 Patch Notes - FSD Welcomes Tamaki

Spectate our Tamaki: Day 1 Training & Match-Gameplay Live Stream

Team NINJA released their Version 1.21 update on the 10th of March and it is scheduled to release in two different parts. Version 1.21 will roll out with Tamaki's debut to Dead or Alive 6, the Design Contest Winner Outfit DLC & bug fixes. Version 1.21a is expected to release sometime after the original patch to address the hair rental service debacle that has now gone on for almost two weeks. Team NINJA has since apologized for the perpetual loop of hair color micro-transactions and hopes Tamaki will be the remedy players are looking for while they scout a fair fix.

Typically what gets people excited about these updates are gameplay changes, and outside of Tamaki's debut there are not any planned for 1.21. There are however new ranks available to you after 1.21 downloads which is something a lot of grind-heavy players have been asking about now for weeks. Along with that there are new purchasable DLC packs: Costume Contest Winners from Dead or Alive Festival and the debut pack for Tamaki.

Tamaki is a heavy alcoholic that utilizes the Aikido fighting style which is completely new to Dead or Alive and has been a fan requested style for many years. She doesn't appear to have the largest move pool, but Tamaki's defensive nature combined with her 10 frame jab, insane OHs and twisty throws should excite anyone that has been waiting for Aikido to finally come to DOA. Emery Reigns has described her as a cross between: Kokoro & Momiji.

As always please report any stealth changes you may find in depth at the system or character boards. This story will gradually change at Free Step Dodge as Tamaki is released with the 1.21 update.

Last edited:
Last edited:
@KasumiLover woah, didn't see a change like that coming. Wonder if it can be used as a good opportunity to low throw or high counter throw. Or maybe a chance to extend combos with some ground hits. Glad there's already gameplay changes showing up in this update.

@KasumiLover woah, didn't see a change like that coming. Wonder if it can be used as a good opportunity to low throw or high counter throw. Glad there's already gameplay changes showing up in this update.
It's definitely gonna force opponents to guess but I think it's a good way to sort of escape pressure since you'll fall to ground, so all you gotta worry about from then on is just not getting force teched

I just tested it out, and it looks like you can't do anything to your opponent when they're in that animation. Seems like invincible frames. Kinda weird that they didn't make it an addition to the ground game they brought in with 1.19.

EDIT: I wonder why it's taking so long for the official sites to update this time. I swear the last few website updates happend before or about the same time as the patches dropped. I wanna see the pdf already.

EDIT2: Why no one posting!? D: I feel weird just editing my post everytime so I don't double post. Anyways...

Tamaki in Canada on Xbox One costs $10.99 CAD and $22.99 CAD for her bundle. What the hell KT, what possible reason is there to justify why she costs more than other DLC characters? Looks like they haven't learned anything from the backlash. They'll put some kind of bandaid sollution for the hair colours and continue their shitty practices.

Tamaki: $10.99 CAD ($22.99 CAD bundled)
Mai or Kula: $7.99 CAD ($15.99 CAD bundled, $29.99 CAD for both)
Rachel or Momiji: $7.69 CAD (don't know bundle price)
I'm not sure but the non-DLC characters for Core Fighters cost $5.99 CAD each I think.

I mentally justified Mai and Kula costing a bit more due to them being licensed, but I can't figure out any justification for Tamaki costing more. Not only more, relatively a lot more.

VERY LATE EDIT: Just corrected that these prices are specific to Xbox One in Canada (see this comment for more details: https://www.freestepdodge.com/threa...d-fsd-welcomes-tamaki.8748/page-2#post-411263)

Last edited:
Tamaki in Canada costs $10.99 CAD and $22.99 CAD for her bundle. What the hell KT, what possible reason is there to justify why she costs more than other DLC characters? Looks like they haven't learned anything from the backlash. They'll put some kind of bandaid sollution for the hair colours and continue their shitty practices.

Tamaki: $10.99 CAD ($22.99 CAD bundled)
Mai or Kula: $7.99 CAD ($15.99 CAD bundled, $29.99 CAD for both)
Rachel or Momiji: $7.69 CAD (don't know bundle price)
I'm not sure but the non-DLC characters for Core Fighters cost $5.99 CAD each I think.

I mentally justified Mai and Kula costing a bit more due to them being licensed, but I can't figure out any justification for Tamaki costing more. Not only more, relatively a lot more.
What the f.... Tamaki isn't a DMM property, that price is hella dumb!
Greedy Team Ninja gotta greed :rolleyes::rolleyes:

She's the same price as Mai and Kula on Australian PSN though? 11.95
Also she has 77 moves.

Yeah, I'm told the US price for Tamaki is also the same as the KOF characters, apparently. Why does she cost more in Canada and the UK? o_O

Last edited:
That's very strange. However, while the character is the same, the debut costumes do cost more. This makes sense since they also jacked up the ticket price from 2 to 3, which seems to be a permanent thing now though people were saying it wasn't back during the Gust release.

Also, the pdf is up for the Japanese site but not the English one yet. Looks like there are some character specific gameplay changes this time. :D https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa6/images/update/doa6_update_v121_jp.pdf

I google translated the PDF. The falling animation after hitting a breakable object is indeed an intentional change.

Edit: awesome, I decided to just take the last english PDF url and change the 0 to a 1 and it worked -

Weird how she doesn't have an English voice in the English trailer. I guess she's like the KOF characters in that respect then. Japanese voice only.

Last edited:
For some reason Tamaki has the zoomed out 'censored' break blows. I'm not angered by this, but I do find it really bizarre. I guess they seriously expect the ryona-averse XVV fans to actually come to DOA6 for her.

Can anyone give me the exact costs of Tamaki and other DLC characters in the US? If she really does cost the same as the KOF characters in the US I want to send a message to KT's costumer service about why she costs more in Canada and UK. If any other region if finding she costs more, post the prices here.

@Jotamide - you mean retweet it on twitter with that hashtag? I did post a few just now in her gameplay thread, if that helps

Can anyone give me the exact costs of Tamaki and other DLC characters in the US? If she really does cost the same as the KOF characters in the US I want to send a message to KT's costumer service about why she costs more in Canada and UK. If any other region if finding she costs more, post the prices here.

@Jotamide - you mean retweet it on twitter with that hashtag? I did post a few just now in her gameplay thread, if that helps
Both posting or retweeting work. However, RTing only shows the hashtag and doesn't embed posts sadly.

Retweeting:
Capture4.PNG

Tagging:
Capture2.PNG

I'll make a separate thread for this once it's ready. Many other games use automated hashtag servers and can be pretty handy to see the sauce on other characters lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD