DOA6 Version 1.21 Patch Notes - FSD Welcomes Tamaki

Spectate our Tamaki: Day 1 Training & Match-Gameplay Live Stream

Team NINJA released their Version 1.21 update on the 10th of March and it is scheduled to release in two different parts. Version 1.21 will roll out with Tamaki's debut to Dead or Alive 6, the Design Contest Winner Outfit DLC & bug fixes. Version 1.21a is expected to release sometime after the original patch to address the hair rental service debacle that has now gone on for almost two weeks. Team NINJA has since apologized for the perpetual loop of hair color micro-transactions and hopes Tamaki will be the remedy players are looking for while they scout a fair fix.

Typically what gets people excited about these updates are gameplay changes, and outside of Tamaki's debut there are not any planned for 1.21. There are however new ranks available to you after 1.21 downloads which is something a lot of grind-heavy players have been asking about now for weeks. Along with that there are new purchasable DLC packs: Costume Contest Winners from Dead or Alive Festival and the debut pack for Tamaki.

Tamaki is a heavy alcoholic that utilizes the Aikido fighting style which is completely new to Dead or Alive and has been a fan requested style for many years. She doesn't appear to have the largest move pool, but Tamaki's defensive nature combined with her 10 frame jab, insane OHs and twisty throws should excite anyone that has been waiting for Aikido to finally come to DOA. Emery Reigns has described her as a cross between: Kokoro & Momiji.

As always please report any stealth changes you may find in depth at the system or character boards. This story will gradually change at Free Step Dodge as Tamaki is released with the 1.21 update.

Last edited:
@Jotamide - thanks, I actually didn't consider I could access it on a browser since my PS4 is dead, although the PSN store always runs like shit for me even on Sony's own devices so I'm kinda alergic to using it, lol... actually on the browser I'm using it's pretty much impossible to use (I swear, it must be designed to hate Microsoft browsers maybe... the only two websites that cant run on this is Youtube and PSN store). I'll dust off my crappy laptop and try checking the other prices on there.

EDIT: Ok, here's all the prices I got from various regions on PlayStation Store, for the sake of comparison and to set the record straight with facts because this can get confusing, lol...

Ok, I see why I got confused now: I also checked the prices for Xbox One and listed them in blue. If I didn't list them it's because they're the same as the PS4 prices.

Ok, I've added the prices for Canadian Steam now. I don't know how to switch to or view US prices. I searched how to do it and it has something to do with using a VPN so I'm not bothering. I think this is enough to show that I really have no idea how they come up with these prices. You guys can come up to your own conclusions.

Nyotengu, Phase 4, other characters for Core Fighters:
USA - $3.99 USD (PS4 & XBOX ONE)
Canada - $5.49 CAD (PS4)
Canada - $3.99 CAD (XBOX ONE)
Canada - $4.65 CAD (Steam)
Great Britain - £3.49 GBP (PS4)
Great Britain - £3.19 GBP (XBOX ONE)

Rachel and Momiji (basic/bundle):
USA - $5.99 USD / $11.99 USD (PS4 & XBOX ONE)
Canada - $7.99 CAD / $15.99 CAD (PS4)
Canada - $7.69 CAD / $14.99 CAD (XBOX ONE)
Canada - $6.69 CAD / $13.49 CAD (Steam)
Great Britain - £4.99 GBP / £9.49 GBP (PS4 & XBOX ONE)

Mai and Kula (basic/bundle):
USA - $7.99 USD / 15.99 USD (PS4 & XBOX ONE)
Canada - $10.99 CAD / $21.49 CAD (PS4)
Canada - $7.99 CAD / $15.99 CAD (XBOX ONE)
Canada - $8.99 CAD / $18.49 CAD (Steam)
Great Britain - £6.49 GBP / £12.99 GBP (PS4)
Great Britain - £6.39 GBP / 12.79 GBP (XBOX ONE)

Tamaki (basic/bundle):
USA - $7.99 USD / $17.99 USD (PS4 & XBOX ONE)
Canada - $10.99 CAD / $22.99 CAD (PS4)
Canada - $10.99 CAD / $22.99 CAD (XBOX ONE)
Canada - $8.99 CAD / $20.49 CAD (Steam)
Great Britain - £6.49 GBP / £14.99 GBP (PS4 & XBOX ONE)

Specifically for Xbox One in Canada and Grreat Britain, Tamaki does cost more than the KOF characters. Or rather, Canadian Xbox One players have been getting lucky this whole time compared to PS4 users in those regions, lol, until Tamaki that is...

Now that I've added the Steam prices for Canada... I have no idea, this seems all over the place. If someone can PM me the Steam prices for other regions I'll add them.

But that doesn't excuse the nonsensical escalation in Character DLC price over all. You could rationalize the KOF characters costing more than Rachel and Momiji because they're licensed, but Tamaki is taken from their own game, VV. Should Tamaki cost more than Rachel and Momiji? If it's a case of having to make a new set a moves for her, well they had to do the same for Kula and didn't have to for Mai, so by that logic Mai should cost as much as Momiji and Rachel. And what about Tamaki's bundle price? Does she come with more costumes than other DLC characters or what?

th.jpg

Last edited:
Regional pricing is wack. And don't expect parity between platforms. I use a US PSN account for Sony consoles but Steam prices for my region are very low so I only buy exclusives. Besides, for games with a small install base people tend to move on to PC eventually.

If you want to cry:

TLDR: PC Master race. Don’t believe Spencer’s lies.

Last edited:
@Anura I don't expect parity between regions/countries, of course, because of the exchange rates, lol. What I do expect is sense, consistency, and fairness. At least the prices between platforms should be the same (at least relatively the same, if there's a difference in fees charged by the different platforms to host their DLC). Still, that's an interesting page, I didn't know it existed.

Still I think it's helpful to have a list of the variations in prices between different platforms, if for no other reason than to assist anyone looking to pick up the game in deciding which version to invest in. If I had known this info before the game launched I wouldn't have even bothered getting the PS4 version at all, being a Canadian resident.

It might seem like I made the list to compare regions, but that wasn't my intention. I want to compare the change in price between platforms, but each region has its own changes between platforms for some nonsensical reason. I expected the only difference to be due to exhange rates, not platform, that's why I got confused because when I checked the price of Tamaki vs the KOF girls for my Canadian Xbox One and saw that she cost more, I expected that to be the case for PS4 and Steam as well. I don't want anyone else to have those false assumptions.

At the very least it's relevant to this thread to make determinations about the cost of buying Tamaki and how the general price of DLC characters and their bundles has escalated over time.

Last edited:
That's fine but remember that there is more to the experience than just prices. Xbox is not that popular in some regions. I'm sure it has a lot of users in NA, though.

That's fine but remember that there is more to the experience than just prices. Xbox is not that popular in some regions. I'm sure it has a lot of users in NA, though.
Of course, it's just a factor, but consumers should be able to see all the factors to consider in front of them before they make choices. In my case I'd consider these prices for my region, the input lag, the Xbox having 4K HDR, and the reliability of the console over all. The trade off would be being part of a smaller segment of the community and risking being neglected when it comes to added features later on (like "hairgate", lol).

Anyways, getting off topic. If my list has become too disconnected from the discussion of Tamaki maybe I should move it. But I'd like anyone to help me figure out why Tamaki's bundle costs more even in the US. She gets 5 addition costumes just like any of the previous DLC characters, so what gives? Its just that they decided costumes will be costing more going forward and that's it?

Is Tamaki the only character who gets no marks on her face after getting a break blow? She only gets the dirt stain looking thing on her stomach.

@Jotamide - That's definitely true. But I think what matters even more is how many will stay beyond the period of hype and interest for any new character. But it's good to see the numbers go up, honestly. It's not simply a question of adding a new character, but actually putting a better effort into something they put into the game for once, and the general concensus seems to be that despite any controversies, Tamaki turned out to be generally a good addition to the roster. I just hope that doesn't have KT relaxing about fixing things. The rage over hairgate may have gone down for now, but I hope it returns just as strong, if not stronger, if KT fails to deliver on properly fixing things. You have the numbers back for now, KT, but how will you keep them?

Last edited:
@Jotamide - That's definitely true. But I think what matters even more is how many will stay beyond the period of hype and interest for any new character. But it's good to see the numbers go up, honestly. It's not simply a question of adding a new character, but actually putting a better effort into something they put into the game for once, and the general concensus seems to be that despite any controversies, Tamaki turned out to be generally a good addition to the roster. I just hope that doesn't have KT relaxing about fixing things. The rage over hairgate may have gone down for now, but I hope it returns just as strong, if not stronger, if KT fails to deliver on properly fixing things. You have the numbers back for now, KT, but how will you keep them?
so... we have the best fighting engine and gameplay ever after VF (holds are not polarizing, only bitches who spam one string over and over hate holds.)
graphics that makes other FGs except MK11 (WB supported) look like cheap anime.

so what we don't have to keep people? we don't have pretty a name in the community. there was a little hope with 'we are getting serious' campaign but they half ass'ed it and it didn't get anywhere.

so what we don't have to keep people? we don't have pretty a name in the community. there was a little hope with 'we are getting serious' campaign but they half ass'ed it and it didn't get anywhere.
At this point, I would be ok fusing Xtreme with mainline DOA. Keep Core Fighters with extra character rotation and better netcode for DOA7 and give the casual players the volleyball, mini games, and all the stuff from the side games. The anti sex appeal marketing strategy of DOA6 combined with the obscene amount of cosmetics every season (in detriment of new stages and even online lobbies on release) ended up pleasing no one.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD