Characters What are your favourite quotes from DOA?

KING JAIMY

:rachel: ''Night has lifted, dawn has come.''

This quote actually comes straight out of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

I like it so much because to me it is a really meaningful quote. It's like she is trying to say there is always a tomorrow. Even if today is gloomy ('night'), there is still a chance the darkness will fade away for a brighter tomorrow ('dawn').

YBNDM

:rachel: ''Night has lifted, dawn has come.''

This quote actually comes straight out of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

I like it so much because to me it is a really meaningful quote. It's like she is trying to say there is always a tomorrow. Even if today is gloomy ('night'), there is still a chance the darkness will fade away for a brighter tomorrow ('dawn').
That's deep. o_O

WAZAAAAA

:rachel: ''yesterday was thursday, today it is friday''

This quote actually comes straight out of Rachel Black

I like it so much because to me it is a really meaningful quote. It's like she is trying to say there is always a tomorrow. Even if yesterday was gloomy ('thursday'), there is still a chance the darkness will fade away for a brighter tomorrow ('friday').

Uberprinny

Nyotengu laughing but could have been worst. She could have laughed like Tidus!

"I m ready to fight" says Momiji then Naotora Li says the exact same thing afterwards. Talk about copycats.

When a Hayabusa won with a pinch of life left then he says,"I have no weakness"

When Rachel says "Not bad for a human" Humans have wings?! XD

"Promise you wont tell anyone"-Honoka while my character is sleeping on the ground.

"Hey I ve won"-Hitomi. No shit Sherlock!

"Cherry blossoms and Warriors!"-Kokoro. Whatever you are smoking I want some.

Last edited:

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
Ah man there are a few good quotes that stick to my head that I never forget. The first one that comes to mind is "I have no weakness" from Hayabusa. Another one that just really stick was Kokoro saying "Like the water, like the sky." Both from DOA4. I definitely like when Nyotengu says "Kimochi." Tina's "Yeah Showtime, "Come ooon~" and "Ikuzo!"

Hayabusa's Izuna drop scream is iconic, not sure if that's a quote though. DOA2U Ayane would say something to the effect of "Baka nita" after a throw. Who else could forget the infamous Genfu quote that sounds like "SukMaiDiQ!!!" bwhaha. Bayman had a throw where the japanese sounds like he's saying "To da riva!," which I always understood as "to the river." Lol.

KwonJigglypuff

"May the bells of good fortune ring for you". - Helena

Probably a reference to the dokatus, Japanese bells which were believed to have been used to pray for good harvests and prey for rain.

TheDragonAwakens

Some other quotes that I actually liked without realising.
:akira: - Juu nen hayain da yo!
:tengu: - Everything he says
:bayman: - I'll put you out of your misery!
:hayate: - That's enough!
- This won't take long.
:jacky: - YEAH!
:leon: - Hmph... the face of death...
:naotora: -I kinda got carried away... Sorry... (I find this quote kind of cute, but the rest of hers are extreme cringe)
:hayabusa: - HWAAAAA!
- Arashi fuku yokan ni nitari (However, I don't like how Troy Baker says this in the english translation)
- Rin, pyoh, toh, sha, kai, jin, retsu, zai, zen!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Here's some quotes I like:
:kasumi::phase4:~Come on!(I like Phase 4's more since it has the more aggressive sounding lower voice pitch!)
:mai:~ Those Japanese things she says after 66PK, 4K, 8K, 1P, and whenever she knocks an opponent over a ledge and screams ~"HAAHHHHH!"
~Kaga gures srai??(I like to pretend that she's saying "I'll be that OP bitch if I have to!) XD

:nyotengu:~That thing she says after 4H: Weak! Hiiiyyyyy!~(I also love the hi counter version: DETEST! Hiiiyyyyy!~
~That's IT!♡
:eliot:~ I like pretty much everything he says, his English voice in general like Naotora and Kasumi makes me kinda blush or smile a little.
~Good luck!
~I like his one KO scream where he makes that really suggestive moan type KO scream. XD
:rachel:~Is that supposed to hurt me?
~Tired already??
~You're pretty good...for a human.
~Cum and fight...
:naotora:
~Too sloowwww!(After a hi counter 4H)
~Sayyy!(after PPP, 66P, or BT 2K)
:tina:
~Come onnnnn!
:zack:
~Let's get this party started!
:leifang:
~GYYYAAHHHH!
~DOOOOAAA!
~EASY?? Too easy!!

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
:christie:
From DOA3:
"Get lost."

From DOA4:
"I am death. I'll shred your soul to ribbons."

:genfu:
From DOAD:
"I'm no one special... actually, I'm the best."

From DOA4:
(a quote from Captain-friggin'-Harlock in the Galaxy Express 999 movie!)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
:christie:
From DOA3:
"Get lost."

From DOA4:
"I am death. I'll shred your soul to ribbons."

:genfu:
From DOAD:
"I'm no one special... actually, I'm the best."

From DOA4:
People ask me..."Zack why do you climb the tritower?? Well that's an easy one folks....you climb the damn thing because it's THERE!
Fixed!

Nikotsumi

:kokoro: - DOA4 :
"Mizu no gotoku, sora no gotoku." (Like the water, like the sky). I don't know the actual (hidden) meaning behind this or if there's one, but I like it anyway.

:marierose: - "Chi no bara, sakasete ageru." (Let the red rose of blood bloom forth.) - This is one of her few quotes I think she sounds cool instead of annoying.

:ein: - The classic "Iku zo."

:naotora: - "Ii-ke kakun! Ikusaba ni shijou wa muyou! Tte iwaretete..." (Never back down! That's how the Ii family does things... or so they tell me...)

:honoka:
"JAN-KEN-GUU!" (rock)
"JAN-KEN-PAA!" (paper)
"JAN-KEN-CHOKI!" (scissors)
(To Raidou) "Ano... Dokoka de oaishimashita ka?" (Hey... Have we met somewhere?)
Her Jann Lee impersonifications ("WATTAAAH" / "WACHAAA") or whatever they actually shout.

:jannlee: ^

:sarah: - "Better run home to MOMMA now."

:jacky:
"YEAH! Less talk, more action!"
"YEAHHHHHH!!!"

There are probably even other ones I can't think of right know, but I'm sure my most hated "quote" is :
:leifang: - "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD