What characters do you really enjoy/hate playing against?

mpgeist

Standard Donor
Only character I don't like to fight against is Brad. Just so awkward to fight!

Argentus

Oh. I also hate the stance spammers with hayabusa. Oh joy. A stance that can go into like 12 things, most of which are teleports, with no way to read which one. And people whine that the counter system is random guessing, lol.

Oh and I'm starting to.hate Tina. For.some reason her backflip bodyslam is invulnerable so I fang do.anything. wakeup kicks just pass through it, which is bs. Combine that with the that that somehow, Tina can run across the arena and do a ground.grab before Mila can attempt a tackle from the ground, which is also bs.

FatalxInnocence

For me;

Akira ~ He lacks strings, so I find it hard to interrupt him since he's just strikes in quick succession. Too scared to try interrupt him half the time.

Bass ~ That floor pick up... is really hard to deal with. I feel like whenever I get picked up they're guaranteed a hit on me cause I'm really dumb and have no idea what I'm supposed to do afterwards. Usually ends up me SSing into a throw or tracking move. Or me crouching into a mid strike. I never win after the pick up throw! -_-

Brad Wong ~ He's too topsy turvy for me. I still, to this day try mid punch him out of the low stance... gets me killed every time...

Christie ~ Another one who's just everywhere! I've no idea how to deal with her. Everything about her is just confusing to me. She's on the floor side stepping, she's going backwards- BAM! I'm in a throw... half the time I've no idea what's going on.

Rig ~ His fighting style. Any character with his fighting style has me beat in ANY fighter I play. An example would be Baek/Hwoarang in Tekken. Anyone who picks them, or Rig... is pretty much assured a win on me.

Most of these fails are actually my fault in the end seeing as I haven't even attempted their command training so every string/strike ends up looking the same to me so I don't know when or how to react to them or how to counter them.

Tenryuga

Chars I Hate / Enjoy:

Helena - I like fighting against legitimate Helena's. I hate fighting ones that abuse the net online.

Kasumi - Makes for a nice fast paced match when the player is legit. When the player isn't it's frustrating because I'm either landing counterblows all day long on them for mashing or getting Hi counterblown due to the net deciding 4PP and 1PP are in fact + on guard and not -10.

Hayate - Hayate can get away with so much bullshit in latency it's not even funny. When I play an honest Hayate though the fights are epic and legit.

Hitomi - Can't deal with her delays in latency. That's all. I like trying to outguess her though it feels good when I make a solid read.

Kokoro - Can't deal with some of her nonsense like 6P+K P and PKP in latency. Much more fun fighting her offline.

Ayane - When the player is legit and using proper tactics it's exciting trying to get in. Otherwise I facepalm at some of the dumb things I see from this character from players online.

Characters I plain hate:

Alpha-152 - Long strings, fast, deceptive delays, soviet level damage, easy to use at a high level, the risks she takes are nothing compared to the risks the opponent has to take when they block just one hit from her. Pisses me off that no one even tries to play her in a legit way either; they all do the same shit. Hit buttons and profit 80 percent of the time. It's less ridiculous offline but really this character has it easy on offense.

Sarah - She has frame advantage and + on hit moves in DOA. That makes it much more difficult to score counterhits and punish her which are some things DOA revolves around. Her 6P has tech crouch frames and is 11 frames. It's SAFE on block and has good SAFE followups. (Every other character I use has a -9 or more on guard mid P and a few have unsafe followups to the mid P. Really? Idc if it's realistically not going to happen the thought that I could be punished for poking baffles me.)

Brad Wong - This character is flawed but he is retarded. He crushes EVERYTHING even mids! Then there are his hitbox issues that allow him to get hits off things he really shouldn't. There are ways to get him out of laydown but as a player that likes to abuse agressive poking, string mixups and manipulation with delays, free cancels and punch grabs etc I'm frustrated because half the match is spent trying to scoop him off the ground.

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
In my DOA5 career, Jann Lee. Every move is safe. At least against Rig, you can crush his safe strings. But Jann Lee, oh no, not him. And that low counter rising punch garbage. Ugh.

I hope they toned him down in ultimate.

Pokerking87

@ Sly His 4pp from mid p hold getting nerfed and cant more connect.

Back to topic;
I really hate the Eliot vs Sarah/Ayane Matchup
Especially with lag spikes its a mess!

Fav matchup:

Christie vs Hayabusa
Love it to avoid the ninpo teleports with Jak!

dramic91

The question wasn't what characters do you love/hate. The question was what characters do you love/hate to play against. I like all of the characters, but I don't like to play against all of them. Like Ayane, for example. I like her style and I think she looks awesome in the hands of a skilled player, but I personally hate fighting against Ayanes because homegirl spins all over the place, jumping around, going bananas and I just can't keep up. It's like a crackhead on a bender. Don't get me wrong, I may not like playing against some characters but I'm never not going to play someone just because of the character they use. Plus, regardless of how much I hate a character, I enjoy the challenge if nothing else.

Dave

Lisa, Kasumi, Ayane, Brad and Gen Fu are the most annoying. Lisa, Kasumi, and Ayane just because more than half of the ones I face just resort to the same turtle like tactics, flip around and avoid me. It's so fucking annoying. Brad because his moves and his ground stance are a pain in the ass. Gen Fu, hate him. Just hate him period. The staggering of his moves and the tracking really gets annoying. Also, maybe Zack. Don't see many, but when I do the player really knows how to use him. Christie also isn't that fun to verse either. The stupid stepping around and rolling just makes me want to throw something.

Blazeincarnated

Lisa, Kasumi, Ayane, Brad and Gen Fu are the most annoying. Lisa, Kasumi, and Ayane just because more than half of the ones I face just resort to the same turtle like tactics, flip around and avoid me. It's so fucking annoying. Brad because his moves and his ground stance are a pain in the ass. Gen Fu, hate him. Just hate him period. The staggering of his moves and the tracking really gets annoying. Also, maybe Zack. Don't see many, but when I do the player really knows how to use him. Christie also isn't that fun to verse either. The stupid stepping around and rolling just makes me want to throw something.
Have I faced you?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

You hate said characters, yet you're playing the best character in the game. Sound logic, and lol@Genfu having a lot of tracking. Sounds like you rather play players at a low minimum of skill rather than have a challenging battle. And are you in NorCal or SoCal? I want to know so that I can you annoy with Ayane offline, lol.

Dave

You hate said characters, yet you're playing the best character in the game. Sound logic, and lol@Genfu having a lot of tracking. Sounds like you rather play players at a low minimum of skill rather than have a challenging battle. And are you in NorCal or SoCal? I want to know so that I can you annoy with Ayane offline, lol.

And you sound like one I'd hit the guide button on, scroll down to block and avoid and continue on with my life. This thread asked a specific question, and I replied. Who the hell are you to say who I prefer to play? No one that's who.

tumblr_m4z82nJktM1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
And you sound like one I'd hit the guide button on, scroll down to block and avoid and continue on with my life. This thread asked a specific question, and I replied. Who the hell are you to say who I prefer to play? No one that's who.

The salt levels are great with this one.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
As pleasant as you seem, please don't up and start shit in this topic. There seems to be a tendency on this forum for that, but I'd really appreciate it if we could keep this topic friendly. Ya know, maybe try being nice to each other?
When you think about it, this was inevitable. Sooner or later, someone was gonna feel berated by somebody depending on who they played, and naturally go on the defensive.

This is why I nominated the "characters" I posted. Ultimately, they're the real characters they should be hating, not the characters themselves.

dramic91

When you think about it, this was inevitable. Sooner or later, someone was gonna feel berated by somebody depending on who they played, and naturally go on the defensive.

This is why I nominated the "characters" I posted. Ultimately, they're the real characters they should be hating, not the characters themselves.
I feel like everyone probably thinks it's "inevitable" and that's probably why it keeps happening. True, he didn't have to respond so defensively, but still, all you have to do is reply and set him straight politely. More like two people speaking to each other and less like two monkeys screaming at each other.

Also, I just realized I never actually responded to one of my own questions haha. In regards to my second question, I think Momiji will be fun to play against at first, but I can see her getting kinda gimmicky eventually. Then again, I suppose I don't have much room to talk about gimmicky considering I play Brad, yeah? I'm actually really excited to play Rachel and see what kind of matches she can bring to the table, ya know? I mean, I know she's kinda got a patchwork move list, but I still feel like she'll have a unique style. Anyone else get that feeling?

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I feel like everyone probably thinks it's "inevitable" and that's probably why it keeps happening. True, he didn't have to respond so defensively, but still, all you have to do is reply and set him straight politely. More like two people speaking to each other and less like two monkeys screaming at each other.

Also, I just realized I never actually responded to one of my own questions haha. In regards to my second question, I think Momiji will be fun to play against at first, but I can see her getting kinda gimmicky eventually. Then again, I suppose I don't have much room to talk about gimmicky considering I play Brad, yeah? I'm actually really excited to play Rachel and see what kind of matches she can bring to the table, ya know? I mean, I know she's kinda got a patchwork move list, but I still feel like she'll have a unique style. Anyone else get that feeling?
I got the feeling that if Itagaki never got into Halo, we would've had Rachel a sequel earlier as the Spartan we knew then, 5-frame special throw and all.

dramic91

I got the feeling that if Itagaki never got into Halo, we would've had Rachel a sequel earlier as the Spartan we knew then, 5-frame special throw and all.
I could absolutely see that being true. Damn, I wonder where Rachel would be right now had that been the case. I don't really give a fuck about Rachel as a character, but I'll always prefer and support original characters over guest characters. Guest costumes, however, an entirely different matter.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
As pleasant as you seem, please don't up and start shit in this topic. There seems to be a tendency on this forum for that, but I'd really appreciate it if we could keep this topic friendly. Ya know, maybe try being nice to each other?

I'm actually a very nice and chill guy. His post was just remedial because he doesn't know the difference between turtling and spacing.

But, you got it. Keep on topic.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD