What do you do when you're on a losing streak?

akhi216

Standard Donor
Do arcade mode with a fighter other than your main then return to online play with your main.

XV MR ARMANI

It's really difficult to get into this game.

I did all of the stuff listed and I still get ran over by almost every person I run into on Simple Match, even people who I know for a fact suck. I can easily take the easy route and turtle the whole fight but I want to play this game the right way. And then when I ask for help from people, I get the "your not good enough" bs.

So if there is a general DOA5 thread that lists everything a player needs to win, or at least put up a good fight please put a link up lol. Thanks in advance to whoever replies.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
I play angry.
Honestly, if I'm too comfortable, I'll lose a lot. Gettin ticked at a losing streak is enough to get me aggressive and try different things out with Bass. Adapting is the best thing you can do.

Scornwell

Grip your controller and try to squeeze both sides together as hard as you can until you start hearing a creaking sound and seeth as loud as you can between your teeth.
Alternatively (for stick players,) pound your fist on the controller and yell so loud that your downstairs neighbors think domestic abuse is happening ("right above our heads, Jane!")
All else fails, call up Tecmo/Koie and report the people who just beat you as cheating.
I gotcha, pal ;)

Scornwell

"@teamninja: ...and then he flew across the room with a bicycle kick for the 8th time even though I can clearly recognize that attack by now! But the synapses in my brain only fire when it's my turn to hit him so that's why I'm REALLY MAD RIGHT NOW!:mad: Some other people on a forum said he's broken so that means that I'M NOT SHITTING YOU HERE. Typical of TN to make unbalanced characters and not listen to the fans about what's broken..."

And people wonder why TN is so sporadic on responses. Maybe if they just filtered out posts with the word "Gunner" then they could cut out 90% of trivial bullshit.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Put in your headset and make the most annoying sound in the world like Jim Carey from dumb and dumber until the person who beat you rage quits.

Dr Sexual

Ever heard the phrase adrenaline dump? If not you should read up on it. I believe it can have a huge effect on how well you play this or any other fast paced competitive game. I know it messes with me after I've been playing for a while. When it happens to me I just take a break or try and do something to get the adrenaline flowing again. Like seeking out a badass player or someone known in the community. I'll get my ass kicked of course like always but just the fact that im playing a top player can wake me up enough mentally to get back on my game.

TheTHCGamer

Ever heard the phrase adrenaline dump? If not you should read up on it. I believe it can have a huge effect on how well you play this or any other fast paced competitive game. I know it messes with me after I've been playing for a while. When it happens to me I just take a break or try and do something to get the adrenaline flowing again. Like seeking out a badass player or someone known in the community. I'll get my ass kicked of course like always but just the fact that im playing a top player can wake me up enough mentally to get back on my game.
Your absolutely right youd be shocked to see how much better you play when youve had a match or few against someone whos really good at the game. For example i ran into LA AKIRA online when playing VF5FS and after a few matches with him i went on a fucking tear. Your confidence level shoots up and you start feeling like Ricky Bobby shouting I PLAY FOR KEEPS!

Scornwell

Funny how that works. Losing so badly that you actually feel better. :cool:
Heh, I know the feeling, but I think it only truly works when you seek out a pro player, as opposed to a random match on ranked where you thought, for just a second, that maybe the next match will break your losing streak.
But no. No anger, no excitement. Just shame.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD