What Questions would you ask to Shimbori?

Battlecat396

Oh, one more question. Wether DLC or not, are all the legacy characters will be back?

Last edited:

Fantailler

-What was the reasonning behind the removal of slow escape ?

-Do they intend to tweak the stun system accordingly ?

-DOA has always been about stuns to me, will they introduce new ones with new interesting properties ?

-Did they ever consider Hold break, at one point during the development, to mitigate Holds ?

-Will the "catch sound effect" of OH return ?

-Do they intend to add more pushback on block or normalize the overall frame data ? DOA's neutral could be equivalent to VF,every tools are in it...

-CD fuzzy guard
-Half/full circulars
-Sidestep
-throw/low throw
-strike beating throw

...but the lack of consistency doesn't allow it.Please clean the frame data and give circular moves circular properties, remove random tracking.

Doa's neutral should be the real one when the stun game is....

-Will slopes and stairs return ? With the inclusion of break Hold it would be nice to have more stages with interactions. I miss stairs and slope throws.

Last edited:

KnacKrover

Me: 1. How far the progress of DOA6 that YOU as the producer and the director for the latest Team Ninja's 3D fighting game,do you think what else do you want to add other content for this game? I mean, for the full game of course!

2. Since you were mentioned about the engine that it was really new for current gen console and it is the same engine from Dynasty Warriors 9, although. Does the engineer have figured how to make the game more polish and running smooth like a butter? and what if DOA6 use the same engine like dark fantasy action Nioh, because I love the game design and characters the most,but since that game was associate with Kou Shibusawa, if so what do you think about it?

3. About the main roster, first I want to know about the relationship between Rig and Diego and also Diego's backstory how he and his character become as a new fighter?....Mind if I might ask about relationship between Bayman and Leon. What do you think of their relationship? if they're involve in the story because they (were) interact with special dialogues?

4. Is the arcade mode will be like past game (DOA2-DOA4) which it's include cutscenes and additional ending for each characters?

5. Do you think TN want to change the break hold system more effective like the opponent get stunt like critical burst?

DyByHands

A question to anyone, even in here if you might know, are cliffhangers out? I haven’t heard anything about those. And if they are, stairs/slopes throws and counters should indeed come back.

KnacKrover

A question to anyone, even in here if you might know, are cliffhangers out? I haven’t heard anything about those. And if they are, stairs/slopes throws and counters should indeed come back.

Man, I almost forgot about those to ask "will Cliffhangers return in sixth game?"

Crext

Standard Donor
"Is there anything you would have done differently up until now if you could reset the whole process?"

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
2. Since you were mentioned about the engine that it was really new for current gen console and it is the same engine from Dynasty Warriors 9, although. Does the engineer have figured how to make the game more polish and running smooth like a butter?

I believe he stated in an interview, though it was through a translation, that they started with the engine that was used for Dynasty Warriors but have made heavy modifications to it since DW's engine wasn't designed for fighting games in mind. So many modifications were done that he can't say it's the same engine now, and the engine does not yet have a name on its own.

KnacKrover

I believe he stated in an interview, though it was through a translation, that they started with the engine that was used for Dynasty Warriors but have made heavy modifications to it since DW's engine wasn't designed for fighting games in mind. So many modifications were done that he can't say it's the same engine now, and the engine does not yet have a name on its own.

"Heavy modifications" since DW9 is action beat 'em up/hack&slash open world. TN try to formula the engine that it would work for DOA6...yet we hope they may show something different for coming up Tokyo Game show 2018

FYI: I checked that DW9 file size start with 46.24 GB which is kinda big number for try to be first open world though.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'm pretty sure the engine they were referring to was the graphics engine. They're not using like Unreal or Unity as a middle-end, they're using the internally developed DW9 engine. Gameplay is its own thing entirely.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Are we going to get a character customization mode like VF/Tekken? Since Miss Monday isn't coming in the game.

TOBMAST3R

A few years ago, you (or Hayashi) said that Momiji and Rachel are now considered as "DOA base characters". In the latest interview you stated, that you want to focus on bringing back DoA characters for the initial roster of DOA. Does that still include Momiji and Rachel or did the things changed?

Thank you.

Yuffie

Forgot to ask, is Photo mode/gravures returning?
Is the story gonna be like doa5 style or doa4 arcade style?
How many outfits per character on launch?

Kasumi-Phase-X

One of the biggest question I've wanted to ask Shimbori the most is how can fellow fans such as Myself be able to give feedback on what we want for downloadable content and how can we respond. Which I luckily talk with a guy from the DOA booth which was a guy I thought was Shimbori but wasn't which he gave Me a business card, and later at night he lead to Shimbori himself which I gotten My answer on where can we give our feedback.

zoo

I just wanna know if tag will eventually return in maybe another version of 6.
A lot of people here don't care for it but I always considered it a major part of the franchise, and typically dislike when games remove staple game modes. If it's gone for good I won't be too upset since we have 5, but still would be nice

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD