What would you change about DOA?

I really don't think you need to be able to move for something to qualify as a stance. A stance is pretty much anything that puts you in a state where you have more or different options I would think. Like Lars has SE, a stance he has no way to enter without a transition. It is still a stance since it put him in SE state. Some stances are just very limited or have very little application.
Jann Lee doesn't seem to need manual Dragon Stance though. At least from what I see.While it would be good and make him better by giving him more options. From a balancing aspect does he need it?
Need? ... no. I don't even think it makes him better, honesty.

Had it not been in reference to the dreaded (OP'd) Spam - One Attack - To - Win - Character -- formerly known as Jann Lee -- it wouldn't have met such a fervent resistance.

I'd like to see moves that don't extend the stun state, added to the game. In lieu of a stunning effect, they would have frame data that's significant enough to guarantee the next attack in the string. An ex. being, a simple P. It would be given it's NH or CH -- or something 'slightly' higher -- frame data. This would allow it to be a 2 in 1 -- 3 in 1 for Jann Lee -- combo again. The second (third) attack would re-stun the opponent, allowing the attacker to mix-up the opposition. Characters that thrive on KND and or KB gameplay. would benefit from this also. As another ex.; Hayate's 6P on a stunned foe would give enough advantage to guarantee the K follow-up, thus avoiding 'playing the stun game' and going with his strengths.

I'd also like to see more CH 2 in 1's. I.e. attacks that become a 2 in 1 when the first hit lands as a CH. Most, if not all -- I am NOT about to check -- characters get a CH 2 in 1 combo from their PK. I say, let's build on that.

I think hyper-armor (HA) would be a welcomed addition. I was against HA in DOA, but I can see some benefit to it's inclusion.

Unlike Street Fighter, HA wouldn't be applied to the beginning of the attack. It would be applied to the last 2 - 4 frames of startup.

Too many times has there been a move that was well on it's way to completion, only to be snuffed by a mere P. HA at the end of the attack would allow the strong attack to execute, along with the weak attack. The strong attack would have it's counter-hit damage and effect while the weak attack would cause normal-hit damage. Also, like SF, there would be armor-breaking attacks. Unlike SF, there would be few non-ABing attacks.

Not only would HA be limited to the end of certain strikes, it could also be limited to certain characters, like Bass and Bayman. It could even be used as part of the foundation of a new fighter with a boxing backstory.

I'd like to know how people feel about guard-breaks varying, based on the fighters, and sit-down GBs.

Sam Sultan

I'm totally happy with the game how it is right now. However there are some things i would like to see changed.

1. Hold recovery time should be made longer, so when you hold you must wait longer to hold again than it is now the case.
2. All of the characters should have what Jan Lee has now, meaning each character should have a sit-down stun with guaranteed CB. This was achieved in the 1.03 patch but sadly enough they took it out in the 1.03A patch hope they bring it back.

Other than these two points above i think the game is perfect.

Raansu

I'm totally happy with the game how it is right now. However there are some things i would like to see changed.

1. Hold recovery time should be made longer, so when you hold you must wait longer to hold again than it is now the case.
2. All of the characters should have what Jan Lee has now, meaning each character should have a sit-down stun with guaranteed CB. This was achieved in the 1.03 patch but sadly enough they took it out in the 1.03A patch hope they bring it back.

Other than these two points above i think the game is perfect.

Jann Lee no longer gets a guaranteed CB from sit down.

akhi216

Standard Donor
I'm pretty sure in 1.03 they did cause short (+9) escapable holdable critical stun on normal hit.
I'm 100% certain that wakeup kick did not cause a stun that allowed for or require a hold in 1.03. Not only did they not allow for or require holds, the hitbox was decreased also and the damage output appeared to be lower.

Here is a video of me playing 1.03. Notice that at 0:46, I delivered a mid wakeup kick that connected as my opponent whiffed a low hold on the Ends of the Earth ice/snow stage. I was rewarded with a 'critical stun' on my opponent that lasted basically to the end of my mid wakeup kick recovery making for no usable advantage. Here's another video of me playing 1.03. Notice that my opponent connected with a low wakeup kick a 1:43, look at how quickly it was shaken off. Notice how the Lisa didn't care to use wakeup kicks when I was in her face when she was knocked down, it wasn't because they were scared to use them it's that they had been made a poor choice to deal with an oki game.

dawnbringer

I'm 100% certain that wakeup kick did not cause a stun that allowed for or require a hold in 1.03. Not only did they not allow for or require holds, the hitbox was decreased also and the damage output appeared to be lower.

Thanks for detailed answer. There's nothing in it that contradicts my point. In 1.03A wake-up kicks do short escapable stun on normal hit that cannot be followed up by any hit even without stagger escape, there's no reason to hold out of it, blocking or sidestepping will suffice. Inflicted critical stun is just as short as it was in 1.03.

akhi216

Standard Donor
dawnbringer said:
Thanks for detailed answer. There's nothing in it that contradicts my point. In 1.03A wake-up kicks do short escapable stun on normal hit that cannot be followed up by any hit even without stagger escape, there's no reason to hold out of it, blocking or sidestepping will suffice. Inflicted critical stun is just as short as it was in 1.03.

I had a moment I guess. Thanks.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
akhi216 said:
Why not? I don't see the need for stun inducing wakeup kicks, they make me shy about keeping pressure on my opponent.

-At the same time, you can now easily interrupt wake up kicks with attacks(that do more damage), so you can still continue applying pressure.

Raansu

Here is a video of me playing 1.03. Notice that at 0:46, I delivered a mid wakeup kick that connected as my opponent whiffed a low hold on the Ends of the Earth ice/snow stage. I was rewarded with a 'critical stun' on my opponent that lasted basically to the end of my mid wakeup kick recovery making for no usable advantage. Here's another video of me playing 1.03. Notice that my opponent connected with a low wakeup kick a 1:43, look at how quickly it was shaken off. Notice how the Lisa didn't care to use wakeup kicks when I was in her face when she was knocked down, it wasn't because they were scared to use them it's that they had been made a poor choice to deal with an oki game.

That's a GOOD THING. Wake up kicks have caused deep stuns for years and no one ever liked em like that. They are meant to get you to back off, not give you a fucking deep stun that you can combo into. They were nerfed because we have been begging for them to be nerfed. They have always been too strong.

DeathHand

we need Hayabusa costumes with no mask on =`) thats what we need!oh and some more tag moves and win stances for exemple Kasumi-Hayate or Eliot-Christie

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD