What's the point of the new moves¿

Brute

Standard Donor
On light launches I'll generally use PP4PK or PPPK (the latter for pushback), or in ongyoin, PPcP.
On SDS launches or high launches I'll generally use a refloat, followed by PP4P and the air throw or 8KK

My primary juggle however is launch-> ongyoin K -> 8P -> 8KK (sometimes I'll swap 8P with 3P, as it nets the same result). Nets good damage, gets a hard knockdown, floor hit, wall hit and works on basically every weight class on most thresholds (if the launch isn't quite high enough, just take out the 8P).

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
What's the difference between a "hard" knockdown and a regular knockdown? Are there universal moves that cause hard knockdowns (SF4 has throws and sweeps that cause hard knockdowns). Is 8 KK his only move that causes hard knockdown? What other moves the Busa have that cause hard knockdowns? Thanks!

Brute

Standard Donor
What's the difference between a "hard" knockdown and a regular knockdown? Are there universal moves that cause hard knockdowns (SF4 has throws and sweeps that cause hard knockdowns). Is 8 KK his only move that causes hard knockdown? What other moves the Busa have that cause hard knockdowns? Thanks!
Hard knockdowns prevent the opponent from instantly tech rolling when they hit the ground, so it forces them into the usual ground game set-up.

I believe 3H+K, PP4PK and 4PK are hard knockdowns, but I may be mistaken as the move properties have changed a lot. I also believe that 6KP is a hard knockdown, though I don't typically use it as a juggle ender, so I'm not 100%.

If anyone could confirm/disconfirm these two, that would be great. Can't boot up my game atm.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
Mike,
What is your thought behind using PKK as an ender? What are the properties that you like about it?

I usually just go for air throw ender because I space alot and am more comfortable playing a footsie spacing game rather than rushdown. I will combo end them to put them at my feet if I have a considerable lead or pressed for time and behind on life.

Brute

Standard Donor
PKK causes a wall hit and nets a surprising amount of damage. For example, IIRC, it's still the best wall bounce combo in many situations, such as after WR H+K. And unlike the air throw which has a boatload of recovery frames and is thus unwise to do against a wall, PKK leaves you very mobile after landing it. It also starts with a jab and thus is pretty quick, allowing it to connect from several different juggle set-ups. Note that it re-positions the opponent slightly to the side, however, rather than pushing them directly backward.

SilverForte

PPKKP is more useful than I thought, on a high counter izuna launch you can do 236p-66k-k-ppkkp, and it will do 118 damage, only 2 less than the izuna yet you get a better oki off of it, you don't need a huge area either since everything after 66k isn't effected by walls.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
Hard knockdowns prevent the opponent from instantly tech rolling when they hit the ground, so it forces them into the usual ground game set-up.

I believe 3H+K, PP4PK and 4PK are hard knockdowns, but I may be mistaken as the move properties have changed a lot. I also believe that 6KP is a hard knockdown, though I don't typically use it as a juggle ender, so I'm not 100%.

If anyone could confirm/disconfirm these two, that would be great. Can't boot up my game atm.
On light launches I'll generally use PP4PK or PPPK (the latter for pushback), or in ongyoin, PPcP.
On SDS launches or high launches I'll generally use a refloat, followed by PP4P and the air throw or 8KK

My primary juggle however is launch-> ongyoin K -> 8P -> 8KK (sometimes I'll swap 8P with 3P, as it nets the same result). Nets good damage, gets a hard knockdown, floor hit, wall hit and works on basically every weight class on most thresholds (if the launch isn't quite high enough, just take out the 8P).

Hey Brute, I tried using your combo that ends with 8kk to get a hard knockdown. I set the traing dummy to recover and the dummy "tech roll" recovered every time. I thought that hard knockdowns didnt allow for tech roll. Maybe I am doing it wrong.

I tested other combo enders, pp4pk and 6kp, and the AI was able to tech roll them as well.

Maybe Busa has no true hard knockdowns and those are given to grapplers and pseudo grapplers?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks gaiz.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD