What's with all the people here joining VFDC?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
What seems to be the problem with the stun/hold system you mentioned? It seems fine to me.

The problem seems to be that too many strikes stun you for too long. why does it have to be like that? cant strikes just give you a bit of advantage? does it have to be so long that the only solution if to have holds?

I think they should keep the holds, but like in VF, not to get out of stuns.

You can reduce the stun and stagger escape. Just keep in mind that you can't SE everything but certain ones you could to avoid certain strings such as sitdowns etc etc. Go to training mode, set the recovery to fastest with the computer and praise the CPU for wiggling like a beast. Look at him go, so beautiful.

Now are you done with the assumption that the system is still bad?

MAtteoJHDY

LOL, I watch enough YT videos to know that in DOA once you are stunned, the only practical solution is to hold out and pray. Should I provide evidence?

Nereus

Standard Donor
You can reduce the stun and stagger escape. Just keep in mind that you can't SE everything but certain ones you could to avoid certain strings such as sitdowns etc etc. Go to training mode, set the recovery to fastest with the computer and praise the CPU for wiggling like a beast. Look at him go, so beautiful.

Now are you done with the assumption that the system is still bad?

LMFAO

Nereus

Standard Donor
LOL, I watch enough YT videos to know that in DOA once you are stunned, the only practical solution is to hold out and pray. Should I provide evidence?

The only practical solution is to hold and pray? It's official, your trolling and don't know shit about the game.

MAtteoJHDY

ok, check this:

at 17.40, why did the ayane player use a hold instead of struggling? its crazy that from a simple CH P he landed so much damage!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Feel free but I'm pretty sure people will notice off the bat that whatever you might post will be spot on. Also please remember that online and offline are completely different. Common ones is this via *online*:

1) He just stood there and didn't SE at all. Very common for new players to jump into the game and simply just hold for the best.

2) The opponent caught on to the person SE a lot so he adapted.

3) Online. Common.

Nereus

Standard Donor
ok, check this:

at 17.40, why did the ayane player use a hold instead of struggling? its crazy that from a simple CH P he landed so much damage!

He charged up the power blow and used the P as a bait because he made an educated guess or read that Hajin would counter. By the way, that wasn't a counter hit, that was a Hi Counter Hit. A Hi-Counter Hit is when you strike someone trying to grab you, and the damage you get when you start a combo with a Hi-Counter Strike is tremendous. He didn't get all that off of a P, he got that off of Jacky's PPK string. And that whole string wasn't guaranteed, Hajin could of countered after the 1st P. When you stun someone and throw out a P, most of the time the stun is too great to slow-escape so that's why he countered. Slow-escaping is crucial in this game when it comes to sitdown stuns and certain setups won't work.

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
That's a new one. You judge a game based on watching videos of it? That's like watching ST and calling it just button mashing. He made a bad read and he got called out on it. That's what happened. Plus, tourney nerves.

Also, that's exactly why you don't just hold out from stuns. 'Cause you get punished for it. It takes around 40 seconds to charge a power blow. That's like double the amount of time needed to react to it. If he tried to slow escape, he would have easily reacted to it and punished for a third of his health. That power blow hitting wasn't as part of a combo, even though it did combo. It was a punish for trying to randomly hold.

Saying DOA is about holding is like saying 2D games are about dragon punches. It's huge commitment with decent reward. Unless you have very good idea of what the other person is going to do, it's not something you should just throw out there.

EDIT: Critical Stun and Counter Hit are completely different systems. Again, you don't understand how DOA works at all. Just stop.

Tenryuga

Dude. I joined because I saw that players that don't understand the game mechanics were spreading false information about the game. You'd best believe I'm not going to let that slide especially because the game is legit. I'm not going to front and pretend it has no flaws but the things you consider flaws are not the games actual flaws; They are just gripes you have with the system because it not to your liking. It would be the equivalent of me saying VF is flawed because combat is mostly done in CQC from the matches I have seen and there is no room for turtling or zoning.

If anything this games problems are the cause of players such as yourself with limited understanding of the game making complaints as if they are for the games greater good and TN actually trying to cater to players like you which results in half- assed changes that do nothing for the game.

Nereus

Standard Donor
no, look at 17.40, it says "critical stun", not "high".

you said CH P... which translates to Counter-Hit P in my eyes. Well whatever, i already explained that when you P it has pretty deep stun. It did that much damage because there is a high damage output when you start the combo with a high-counter strike.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
For the record, I've actually been playing VF for almost ten years now and DOA for less than one year.

EDIT: No, he just got baited. Really really hard. Are you trying to say that all players who get read are bad players?

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I like them both. Just play what you want to play & be done with it. Simple as that. Can somebody nip this in the bud & lock this thread?

MAtteoJHDY

im serious

that vid is a typical instance of DOA gameplay, where a simple P leads to a stun and hold situation and stupid damage. if experienced players do it, so its not only my perception.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
That's actually very atypical. It's huge commitment to stun into Power Blow without building to a Critical Burst. Normal players won't go for it 'cause it can't work in normal situations. In fact, it only works in that exact situation.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD