What's with all the people here joining VFDC?

MAtteoJHDY

Tenryuga

That same vid I posted, Jacky lands a counter hit throw that lands about 100 of damage. that is to much! and you dont need to be at half bar to do it.

Tenryuga, can you link me to some of your vids? I want to see how you play this game.

EDIT: found this:

at 1.19, why did you not try other things? why did you try to hold?

First off thats a terrible example of my play. Second I tried to hold because the player was coming at me with alot of high to mid punches. However since our connection is not the best many inputs were delayed or came out incorrectly thus causing my hold attempts to fail.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
I always heard one of the big complaints against VF was how quickly matches went. Man this is crazy.

Tenryuga

Could you have done something else other than holding?

My alternatives were to stagger out of the stun but the stun he had me in was deep. In this game stuns that are deep put you in what are dubbed "must hold situations." because you cannot stagger out of them. That was one of those situations.

Tenryuga

Yeah, that exactly what I dislike about the game.

And that's fine. The issue people have with you is that you are presenting this as a flaw in the game when it is not a flaw within the games system. Players are allowed to hold those moves that put you into the "must hold situations". and are still allowed to make a read afterward to avoid taking damage. This game presents you with many ways and opportunities to avoid taking damage when you make the right reads. The same can be said for scoring big damage on offense.

Nereus

Standard Donor
And that's fine. The issue people have with you is that you are presenting this as a flaw in the game when it is not a flaw within the games system. Players are allowed to hold those moves that put you into the "must hold situations". and are still allowed to make a read afterward to avoid taking damage. This game presents you with many ways and opportunities to avoid taking damage when you make the right reads. The same can be said for scoring big damage on offense.

Exactly. It's like me saying that being able to have invincible wake-ups on SF is a flaw because i dislike it. Makes no sense at all.

MAtteoJHDY

people have an issue with me? I didnt realize. what I saying is that the game system puts you into situations that give you 1option only: hold. and then, you have to hold and pray for the best. if that was VF, the basic choice would have been to either evade, guard or abare.

EDIT: depending on the frame disadvantage obviously. how many frames to recover from a deep stun?

Tenryuga

people have an issue with me? I didnt realize. what I saying is that the game system puts you into situations that give you 1option only: hold. and then, you have to hold and pray for the best. if that was VF, the basic choice would have been to either evade, guard or abare.

EDIT: depending on the frame disadvantage obviously. how many frames to recover from a deep stun?

I meant an issue with how you present your gripe with the game as a flaw it has when its not a flaw. From light stuns all the options you mention are available. From deep stuns you only have abare as an attept to beat out throws for very rewarding damage or hold. You can also stagger deep stuns too because some players like to use them then wait to see if you hold. This wastes the advantage on the deep stun thus allowing you to block their followups.

EDIT: I explain the stun system and how some of the games offense work in the VFDC thread.

http://virtuafighter.com/threads/dead-or-alive-5-ultimate-thread.18111/page-31#post-378849

MAtteoJHDY

I dislike being put in a situation where I have only one defensive option (hold). I much prefer the system of VF where if I press guard I will guard (of course unless I am at minus 12, but getting hit does not generally put you at such large frame disadvantage in VF)

Nereus

Standard Donor

That depends on the stun itself lol. So you complain that you only have one option, which is to hold and pray for the best. If you get hit with jacky's 6P+K what are your options on VF? Ill wait........ oh yeah, you only have one option: Block. Because he can get a guaranteed P followup and on counter hit he can wall splat you. Stun in DOA: Supposedly one option. Stun in VF: One option. I fail to see the logic in your arguments.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It's not that you have only 1 defensive option. It's that you have 0 defensive options, but you're allowed to abare at the risk of pretty much dying immediately.

MAtteoJHDY

I meant an issue with how you present your gripe with the game as a flaw it has when its not a flaw. From light stuns all the options you mention are available. From deep stuns you only have abare as an attept to beat out throws for very rewarding damage or hold. You can also stagger deep stuns too because some players like to use them then wait to see if you hold. This wastes the advantage on the deep stun thus allowing you to block their followups.

EDIT: I explain the stun system and how some of the games offense work in the VFDC thread.

http://virtuafighter.com/threads/dead-or-alive-5-ultimate-thread.18111/page-31#post-378849

any specific frame data on the recovery from stun?

David Gregg

Here's some really great tutorial vids @EMPEROR_COW made that teach you how to play DOA5 (still mostly applicable to 5U). This will give you a better idea of how the game is played so that if you still find it "flawed" you can at least convince some people that you actually know what the hell you're talking about:

Tenryuga

I dislike being put in a situation where I have only one defensive option (hold). I much prefer the system of VF where if I press guard I will guard (of course unless I am at minus 12, but getting hit does not generally put you at such large frame disadvantage in VF)

Its not really one defensive option. Its more so a situation where that option is recommended because the opponent is in a good position to launch you.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Here's some really great tutorial vids @EMPEROR_COW made that teach you how to play DOA5 (still mostly applicable to 5U). This will give you a better idea of how the game is played so that if you still find it "flawed" you can at least convince some people that you actually know what the hell you're talking about:

lmao

MAtteoJHDY

Sure thanks, as I was saying I dislike the system being all or nothing, and that is exactly as it is, but please show me some of your vids and convince me otherwise. so far I have linked a few vids and all present that silly situations where the game is played competitively and people hold in stun because the system either disempowers you from doing anything else, or the other options are impractical.

Maybe somewhere there is somebody so godly at DOA that does not have to take those chances, but I havent seen it yet.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD