What's with all the people here joining VFDC?

Tenryuga

im serious

that vid is a typical instance of DOA gameplay, where a simple P leads to a stun and hold situation and stupid damage. if experienced players do it, so its not only my perception.

The P didnt lead to a stun. He was already stunned by something before hand and the P was used to extend the stun, where he proceeded to make a bad read and get punished hard for it. Are you foreign to the concept of getting punished for bad reads?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
im serious

that vid is a typical instance of DOA gameplay, where a simple P leads to a stun and hold situation and stupid damage. if experienced players do it, so its not only my perception.

P alone will not place them in a stun unless it was on Hi-Counter, he didn't attempt P first. Jacky followed it with 6P first since Ayane went for a grab resulted in a Hi-Counter. That concept up there was a situational moment. Wasn't guaranteed on that portion.

Nereus

Standard Donor
im serious

And its not like Jacky's 6P+K on counter hit can lead into ridiculous dama.... oh wait.

David Gregg

Hi guys

Over at VFDC there is a DOA5 thread that is super popular with some of the people from FSD,

I was wondering what is up? Is this forum dead or something? You guys trying to get the message across in the hope of reviving interest in the game?

It's funny as VF is probably even more niche than DOA, but you don't see many VFers coming here trying to promote the game! What's up? Do you have a thread going on different forums?

Well first off...hi to you as well? This forum is very much alive and not dead (see what I did there. XP) as well as the game which currently now has an arcade version and new characters being continuously added as we speak.

No offense to the others but I really hope the VF characters are gone after 5U. Sarah is just a nightmare in this game to deal with and she is crazy safe. And when it comes down to it this isn't a crossover (should be DOA characters only) and they just don't fit in this game (sorry guys. :/)

MAtteoJHDY

He could have thrown, the damage off a counter hold would still have been very high. What I am saying, the ayane player was overwhelmed, and the game system only gave him one option - to hold. This is why I find VF system superior: if that was VF, Jacky would have had to work much harder to get his damage.

MAtteoJHDY

The P didnt lead to a stun. He was already stunned by something before hand and the P was used to extend the stun, where he proceeded to make a bad read and get punished hard for it. Are you foreign to the concept of getting punished for bad reads?

No, it make sense, and its the whole point. bad read is what this game seems to be all about. one mistake and half of your life bar is gone. and that was not even such a bad mistake, as it was a simple stun on counter hit. it would have been -8 on VF, which would have lead to more work for the attacker. DOA is too generous with damage like that..there is no middle ground...its either no damage at all or stupid damage. Thats why Im saying the system needs to be redone closer to VF.

Nereus

Standard Donor
No, it make sense, and its the whole point. bad read is what this game seems to be all about. one mistake and half of your life bar is gone. and that was not even such a bad mistake, as it was a simple stun on counter hit. it would have been -8 on VF, which would have lead to more work for the attacker. DOA is too generous with damage like that..there is no middle ground...its either no damage at all or stupid damage. Thats why Im saying the system needs to be redone closer to VF.

So one mistake in VF will not equal close to half-health? Are you seriously trying to tell me that? GTFO.

MAtteoJHDY

sure, damage is crazy in FS, but you have to land a launcher at least. it that situation, just guarding would have spared ayane.

Nereus

Standard Donor
sure, damage is crazy in FS, but you have to land a launcher at least. it that situation, just guarding would have spared ayane.

no, you don't. you can get half-health damage by wall splatting someone with just one hit. and ALL of that is guaranteed. Jacky is notorious for his wall damage.

Brute

Standard Donor
It's very clear that MAtteo has 3 things going on:

1) He has no idea how to play DOA, what the game's about, and how the risk/reward and blanketing tools play out
2) He likes VF and doesn't like DOA, and seems determined that everyone agree with him, lest they actually have their own, individual opinion
3) He feels like DOA players joining the VF forum to defend the game's reputation against people who clearly don't understand it at all is somehow offensive to VFDC (apparently doesn't understand why we would want to speak out against false information harming DOA's reputation in FG communities who don't understand it, as often happens).

I have 1 thing going on:

1) I don't give a fuck.

So, anyway. Cheers!

Tenryuga

The underlined statements are false. Yes in this game you are punished hard for making terrible reads or making bad decisions. This is the standard in every competitive fighting game. And half his life bar was gone because he did a highly damaging option THAT IS ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN YOU HAVE LESS THAN 50% HEALTH LEFT and can only be used once. It is also fully reactable to with holds. You must also take note that this damage is HI-COUNTER damage, meaning the damage is multiplied by 150%. So in fact he took massive damage for making two bad reads. One for the grab that led to him taking hi-counter damage and another for that whiffed hold after the jab.

DOA is not generous with damage at all. The hold system already has some players shit in their pants when they get a stun because they are afraid of getting held and losing the momentum they just gained.

No damage or stupid damage? Try stunning your opponent once then launching them within critical level 1. Come back and tell me that is not a middle ground.

MAtteoJHDY

no, you don't. you can get half-health damage by wall splatting someone with just one hit. and ALL of that is guaranteed. Jacky is notorious for his wall damage.

sure, but first you need to wall splat your opponent. as I said, you your opponent just guards, you are not going to wall splat him/her.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Again, he didn't lose half his health from a counter hit. He lost it 'cause he got counter hit, and then he made a bad read after.

Literally, from that stun he could have probably not even slow escape and just sidestep the power blow and punish it. The only reason that power blow landed was 'cause he whiff a hold from Critical Stun at exactly that timing.

MAtteoJHDY

The underlined statements are false. Yes in this game you are punished hard for making terrible reads or making bad decisions. This is the standard in every competitive fighting game. And half his life bar was gone because he did a highly damaging option THAT IS ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN YOU HAVE LESS THAN 50% HEALTH LEFT and can only be used once. It is also fully reactable to with holds. You must also take note that this damage is HI-COUNTER damage, meaning the damage is multiplied by 150%.

DOA is not generous with damage at all. The hold system already has some players shit in their pants when they get a stun because they are afraid of getting held and losing the momentum they just gained.

No damage or stupid damage? Try stunning your opponent once then launching them within critical level 1. Come back and tell me that is not a middle ground.

That same vid I posted, Jacky lands a counter hit throw that lands about 100 of damage. that is to much! and you dont need to be at half bar to do it.

Tenryuga, can you link me to some of your vids? I want to see how you play this game.

EDIT: found this:

at 1.19, why did you not try other things? why did you try to hold?

Last edited:

MAtteoJHDY

Again, he didn't lose half his health from a counter hit. He lost it 'cause he got counter hit, and then he made a bad read after.

Literally, from that stun he could have probably not even slow escape and just sidestep the power blow and punish it. The only reason that power blow landed was 'cause he whiff a hold from Critical Stun, and at exactly that timing.

So again, in VF he would only have had to press G to avoid the PB.

Nereus

Standard Donor
sure, but first you need to wall splat your opponent. as I said, you your opponent just guards, you are not going to wall splat him/her.

yeah im done here... so its ok to get half-health in VF because you have to " Wall Splat them first " but it's not ok to take down half-health when you read your opponent countering? Someone close this thread... because obviously this guy has no idea what hes talking about.

Tenryuga

That same vid I posted, Jacky lands a counter hit throw that lands about 100 of damage. that is to much! and you dont need to be at half bar to do it.

Tenryuga, can you link me to some of your vids? I want to see how you play this game.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/media/doa5u-hitomi-vs-ein-tenryuga.5351/

http://www.freestepdodge.com/media/doa5u-hitomi-vs-ein-tenryuga.5355/

Also that's the point of Hi-counter throws. They punish players that hold often which is why I said 50 million times you should not hold unless you have a read on your opponent. It can lead to you getting screwed.

MAtteoJHDY

yeah im done here... so its ok to get half-health in VF because you have to " Wall Splat them first " but it's not ok to take down half-health when you read your opponent countering? Someone close this thread... because obviously this guy has no idea what hes talking about.

sure, wall splatting is less frequent that being stunned. is that so hard to conceive?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD