What's with all the people here joining VFDC?

MAtteoJHDY

Hi guys

Over at VFDC there is a DOA5 thread that is super popular with some of the people from FSD,

I was wondering what is up? Is this forum dead or something? You guys trying to get the message across in the hope of reviving interest in the game?

It's funny as VF is probably even more niche than DOA, but you don't see many VFers coming here trying to promote the game! What's up? Do you have a thread going on different forums?

RoboJoe

Games are similar at first glance and people often play more than one game. It's not surprising that the communities mix a little.

MAtteoJHDY

Funny that you should say that, cause Hajin is trolling me hard for not understanding DOA!!

See below:

iHajinShinobi

No you don't understand the system. You haven't said anything that tells me you actually do, since you've started posting. You've just been complaining about a game you obviously don't like. All you've been saying the entire time is "I like VF so I prefer to play it".

Again, DOA is not VF, VF is not DOA. Of course the reward system will be different, because they are different games. You are just too well adjusted to VF's system, and haven't actually explored DOA's system enough to understand the game (you really haven't). The system and meta are different (something you refuse to acknowledge).

It's like you literally skipped passed Tenryuga's post on the previous page, which explains DOA's system, just so you can continue complaining. You and everyone else resort to being prejudice simply because it's easy to do. When you can't get into a game or don't understand something, you say it has a problem because you fail to understand a meta and system.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hi guys

Over at VFDC there is a DOA5 thread that is super popular with some of the people from FSD,

I was wondering what is up? Is this forum dead or something? You guys trying to get the message across in the hope of reviving interest in the game?

It's funny as VF is probably even more niche than DOA, but you don't see many VFers coming here trying to promote the game! What's up? Do you have a thread going on different forums?

Promoting the game? There's a VF thread here as well. What's going on here?

MAtteoJHDY

I want to know why there seems to be a bunch of people on VFDC seemingly getting offended that VF people like VF better than DOA.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Funny that you should say that, cause Hajin is trolling me hard for not understanding DOA!!

See below:

iHajinShinobi

No you don't understand the system. You haven't said anything that tells me you actually do, since you've started posting. You've just been complaining about a game you obviously don't like. All you've been saying the entire time is "I like VF so I prefer to play it".

Again, DOA is not VF, VF is not DOA. Of course the reward system will be different, because they are different games. You are just too well adjusted to VF's system, and haven't actually explored DOA's system enough to understand the game (you really haven't). The system and meta are different (something you refuse to acknowledge).

It's like you literally skipped passed Tenryuga's post on the previous page, which explains DOA's system, just so you can continue complaining. You and everyone else resort to being prejudice simply because it's easy to do. When you can't get into a game or don't understand something, you say it has a problem because you fail to understand a meta and system.

Since when was explaining in detail called " trolling "? Flawed logic is flawed

Nereus

Standard Donor
I want to know why there seems to be a bunch of people on VFDC seemingly getting offended that VF people like VF better than DOA.

and no.. we aren't offended that people like VF more than DOA. It's because the reasons why makes no sense at all.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
This thread is an attempt to troll.

You asked these questions as if it's a crime for players from different communities to join another. You are whining about a game you obviously don't like and do not understand at your own community forum. Then you come here asking ridiculous questions like something is the matter.

No one has a problem with people preferring a game over another. People are just explaining how their game works and you choose to complain and ignorance of which was said, by complaining more.

You haven't said anything note-worthy in that thread at all, other than the fact that you prefer VF (which is fine). Like I said, "You and everyone else resort to being prejudice simply because it's easy to do. When you can't get into a game or don't understand something, you say it has a problem because you fail to understand a meta and system."

I don't join other communities to troll it's community members, unlike yourself. That's low, and very foul. And last I checked, there are multiple threads for different video games at every fgc forum. There is a VF thread here.

All you're doing now at this point is trolling (racks up higher in your prejudice).

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Hi guys

Seriously? Did you just do this just now? First of all no one went over there trying to "promote" DOA, me and other members has offered to help players learn the game, as well as trying to get them to understand the game in general. Also I've been part of VFDC for a long time (just other different usernames), and I actually used to play VF quite a bit even before I've gotten into DOA. I also mentioned how I've met up with various VF players here in NorCal , and even did offline casuals with them IN VF and DOA as well. No one is upset that VF players prefer VF over DOA. Everyone has the right to like what they want, and that's something the FGC in general fail to accept and appreciate. We're exposing false information, and trying to help those who are interested in getting into DOA (I would want the same from the players when I want help with VF, which they do help in the same way). Don't come here posting false information just to cause drama. If you don't like DOA you have every right not to, but don't disrespect those that do, just like we don't disrespect those who like VF. We actually respect a lot of VF players, and me and @iHajinShinobi even watched Sega Cup together and enjoy a lot of the VF play.

Cake

I haven't posted there, but I've been reading it.

I don't honestly see anyone offended that you like VF more than DOA. I see people offended that you're criticizing flaws that don't exist in the first place and that you refuse to accept such a fact.

MAtteoJHDY

Sorry, let me get this straight,

You dont see why somebody who is a member of a VF forum may like VF better than DOA? Of course DOA may be a good game, but IMO is not as good as VF. the reasons? its got a better system IMO.

3 things that make VF better in my eyes:

- evades
- lack of long stuns
- lack of PB/PL

for the sake of fairness, 3 things that make DOA more appealing than VF:

- character design
- cool looking holds
- stage interactivity

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Sorry, let me get this straight,

You dont see why somebody who is a member of a VF forum may like VF better than DOA? Of course DOA may be a good game, but IMO is not as good as VF. the reasons? its got a better system IMO.

3 things that make VF better in my eyes:

- evades
- lack of stuns
- lack of PB/PL

for the sake of fairness, 3 things that make DOA more appealing than VF:

- character design
- cool looking holds
- stage interactivity

You do know that what you said here was completely opinionated. Judging from this entire post..it seems to me that you are ranting and whining because players are sharing knowledge on how the game works there. What seems to be the problem? Help others, Help all.

Last edited:

MAtteoJHDY

Maybe if you guys were less defensive about the game's flaws, Tecmo would do something about the stun/hold game. IMO it detracts from DOA becoming a serious competitive game, as sometimes watching YT videos of DOA finals it seems that the game degenerates into a ALPHA vs ALPHA spamfest.

DOA should be better than that. IMO, remove all the gimmicks, go back to basis, closer to VF, and the game would become much better all around.

Cake

Okay... and because I honestly don't like mud wrestling with pigs, as I often say:

LOL.

That will be my last post regarding this subject, and if it were up to me, you'd be banned because there is no man more blind than one who refuses to see. Or just a plain bad troll.
And I am yet to see anyone criticizing VF from DOA, so I have no clue why are you turning this into a penis sizing competition. Oh wait, I do. Troll.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Maybe if you guys were less defensive about the game's flaws, Tecmo would do something about the stun/hold game. IMO it detracts from DOA becoming a serious competitive game, as sometimes watching YT videos of DOA finals it seems that the game degenerates into a ALPHA vs ALPHA spamfest.

DOA should be better than that. IMO, remove all the gimmicks, go back to basis, closer to VF, and the game would become much better all around.

Wait what?

What seems to be the problem with the stun/hold system you mentioned? It seems fine to me. You can escape the stagger etc. Do take note that the game is really different from Virtua Fighter, Judging from your case is that it seems you are way too adapted to Virtua Fighter. I'm not sure if you taken the time to go into the game properly. This is not an offense by the way.

Last edited:

MAtteoJHDY

You and everyone else resort to being prejudice simply because it's easy to do. When you can't get into a game or don't understand something, you say it has a problem because you fail to understand a meta and system.

The above quote implies that its the problem of VF players that do not appreciate DOA system, rather than DOA system being unsatisfactory.

IMO DOA is unsatisfactory, a less though out system than VF. instead of tightening it up, they added even more PowerLauncher nonsense! its one step back IMO.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
You and everyone else resort to being prejudice simply because it's easy to do. When you can't get into a game or don't understand something, you say it has a problem because you fail to understand a meta and system.

The above quote implies that its the problem of VF players that do not appreciate DOA system, rather than DOA system being unsatisfactory.

IMO DOA is unsatisfactory, a less though out system than VF. instead of tightening it up, they added even more PowerLauncher nonsense! its one step back IMO.

You are terrible at trolling, just letting you know that.

MAtteoJHDY

What seems to be the problem with the stun/hold system you mentioned? It seems fine to me.

The problem seems to be that too many strikes stun you for too long. why does it have to be like that? cant strikes just give you a bit of advantage? does it have to be so long that the only solution if to have holds?

I think they should keep the holds, but like in VF, not to get out of stuns.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD