When did you start playing in the community?

UnD34D

For some reason, i thought you always were a Jann main, lol. But now that you mention it, I do remember you picking her playing her pretty well. Besides, I thought this was a thread for vets who dropped off the map completely, otherwise I could mention a lot of active Lei players too. You wouldn't want me saying "man, that Undead guy was pretty good, where is he?", ha

Other names for Lei players I do remember were Punishere, Nykko, Viper (he mained Tina if I remember, but I had damn fun playing with him so I had to mention his name).

I know I probably forgot a lot more, but like Undead said, its been like 7 or 8 years since a lot of have started playing, so you have to excuse me if my memory is a little fuzzy. Hell, I've graduated high school and college since I first started playing in I think 2004. Its crazy just thinking about how long this game has been in my life.

I know, I was in highschool when I started, joined the Navy, completed my first enlistment and did multiple deployments, all while still playing. We were all pretty young when we started. Except Hubbs and Sorwah. But yeah I figured that was the case, my main jumping between Tina, Jann Lee, and Lei Fang lol, and as you said, me posting here <_< lol.

DrDogg

I know, I was in highschool when I started, joined the Navy, completed my first enlistment and did multiple deployments, all while still playing. We were all pretty young when we started. Except Hubbs and Sorwah. But yeah I figured that was the case, my main jumping between Tina, Jann Lee, and Lei Fang lol, and as you said, me posting here <_< lol.

I'm older than Hubbs and Sorwah... >_>

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

I was 19 or 20 when I started...

TRI Mike

So wait, I'm 26-years-old and I'm not the oldest person in the DOA community¿ That definitely makes me feel really good.

R4712-VR88

I started playing DOA in 2000 on the DOA2 demo (Generator Vol. 2) that came with my Dreamcast. I was 12 years old. I joined my first DOA forum, Neotaku, sometime in 2003. I wouldn't be til September 11, 2005 that I'd join up with DOACentral.

Xion

I started playing DOA in 2000 on the DOA2 demo (Generator Vol. 2) that came with my Dreamcast. I was 12 years old. I joined my first DOA forum, Neotaku, sometime in 2003. I wouldn't be til September 11, 2005 that I'd join up with DOACentral.

That demo is exactly where I started too lol though I ended up getting the game on PS2 instead. I guess I was 13 if that was in 2000. Im 25 now. I joined a DOA community for the first time sometime after DOA3 came out. I dont remember what was the first forum I joined (May have been DOA Kunoichi) but I used to go by Little X, Then Little XII, then Xion. I also joined DOA Central and the MDK clan before disappearing and reappearing here.

R4712-VR88

That demo is exactly where I started too lol though I ended up getting the game on PS2 instead.

ME TOO! I ended up getting in trouble over my grades so my parents got rid of my Dreamcast. Ended up getting a PS2 the next Christmas and got DOA2HC on December 28th, 2001.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I remember when I was a spry young teen and had a blast playing DOA on the import Saturn with Gen Fu.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I also started playing DOA in 2009, Sypher. I actually first got into it in 2006 with a friend's copy of DOA4, but I didn't spend much time with it. In 2009 I bought DOA3 and DOAU, and spent a lot of time with U, but I never actually ended up playing it with other people unfortunately. I just did countless fights with the AI trying to unlock everything, which I eventually did.

In January 2010 I revisited DOA4 by buying my own copy, and I've been playing that (online) ever since. I've improved over the years, but I'm still not by any means good. I average at the C+ to B range. I've always played DOA4 casually and never really understood all the technical mumbo jumbo, but I intend to jump into all of that with DOA5 and hopefully actually get good at the game. We'll see what happens.

I don't know who a lot of the veterans are though. DOA's tourney scene was already dead by the time I started playing.

EDIT - I also got a 3DS at launch just to play DOAD. That was a huge disappointment.

Pupi18

Playing DOA since DOA2H played 2U, 3 and 4. Favorite has to be 2U and 3. I'm not a pro by no means but I'm gonna do my best to learn more and do some good matches.

UnD34D

I like how this thread went from looking for old players to see if they were coming back, to tell how you got into DOA story.

TRI Mike

I used to play KI and UMK3 on local arcades. One day I saw a DOA2 machine, found out the game was available for Dreamcast. Bought a DC with the game and haven't stopped playing the franchise ever since.

SilverForte

I 1st played doa 3 back around 2002, was around 10 years old at that time. We sold the xbox later after that and I didn't play doa again until around 2006 or so when I got doa2 Hardcore. Been enjoying the series since then, never played doa4 though, mostly 2U and 3.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD