• 2014-15

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • 2016+

Votes: 105 92.1%

• Total voters

Argentus

DOA6's main theme leaked:

Uh Uh Yeah!

Japanese seem to have a fascination with really bad rap in their games...
Seriously its like do they not understand how much that kills the hype?!

They need to take some cues from action games like mgr, dmc etc, and actually play FIGHT MUSIC. (The doa1234 soundtracks on point but this is about anything new that TN creates). Even most other fighters get the music right (looks to gg, mvc3, and bb)

And awful lounge rap shouldn't be in the intro or credits either. Aerosmith used to hype me up but failing that any kind of rock hypes the fuck out of a game. For example

But even if they INSIST on trying to go with rap, at least go with the kind that actually works, not nonsensical mumbling with no rhythm like we go with 5. If they go with rap, go with rap like Disturbed, Saliva, or Limp Bizkit. Get the adrenaline going, yaknow?

Its like out of all the countless styles of music, they pick the ONE kind of rap that removes all hype and energy (though street fighter 3rd strike did the same).

The problem is the same thing with modern rap in general.

Without actual rhythm and melody, its just fucking TALKING, and even then its usually nasally or monotone.

KwonJigglypuff

Make Hayate able to either use Karate or Tenjinmon during the match (with a special mechanic). Hayate alone isn't interesting and Ein isn't prioritized enough by himself. Or just merge the two fighting styles (use some of Ein's holds as expert holds for Hayate, and give some extra throws to Hitomi and various characters like Rig). I don't know. I'm sick of having two ambiguous separate characters.

I hope it's not too disrespectful to Ein's fans.
Well, it is probably.

P2p1mbs

Make Hayate able to either use Karate or Tenjinmon during the match (with a special mechanic). Hayate alone isn't interesting and Ein isn't prioritized enough by himself. Or just merge the two fighting styles (use some of Ein's holds as expert holds for Hayate, and give some extra throws to Hitomi and various characters like Rig). I don't know. I'm sick of having two ambiguous separate characters.

I hope it's not too disrespectful to Ein's fans.
Well, it is probably.

You're suggesting merging Hayate and Ein completely? I can agree to that if partially to free up some space in the select screen. Hayate does already incorporate some of Ein's moves and I personally felt that it was redundant to add him back in for ultimate. Just give him even more of Ein's moves as well as all his costumes (i always felt ein had much better costumes anyways). Anyone who wants a pure karate fighter can always just use Hitomi, whom I personally was a much more well rounded character...

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hayate uses like 4 maybe 5 Ein moves tops, also"if you want karate just pick hitomi lol" that in itself is quite ignorant since while they share the same fighting style Hitomi plays completely different to Ein and controls different also.

Kasumi and Phase 4 play totally different despite being similar moveset wise is another good example. EIN NEEDS to be on his own with his usual moveset T work that's what makes Ein, EIN.

P2p1mbs

Hayate uses like 4 maybe 5 Ein moves tops, also"if you want karate just pick hitomi lol" that in itself is quite ignorant since while they share the same fighting style Hitomi plays completely different to Ein and controls different also.

Kasumi and Phase 4 play totally different despite being similar moveset wise is another good example. EIN NEEDS to be on his own with his usual moveset T work that's what makes Ein, EIN.

Didn't Hitomi start off partly as a replacement for Ein? Her earlier move list was very similar and has only gotten larger with each new game. I personally think ein didn't evolve enough when he came back in 5 ultimate to make me chose him over her which is why I find him unnecessary.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Its not about evolution, EIN has a totally different play style to Hitomi that's the important part I'm trying to hammer home, you can't just say pick up Hitomi.

That's like me telling a Tina player to pick up Bass or a Hayabusa player to pick up Momiji.

P2p1mbs

Its not about evolution, EIN has a totally different play style to Hitomi that's the important part I'm trying to hammer home, you can't just say pick up Hitomi.

That's like me telling a Tina player to pick up Bass or a Hayabusa player to pick up Momiji.

I honestly don't use either character that much so I haven't really had much time to get a feel for both and see how different they are so you may as well dismiss my comparison of them as the opinion of a filthy casual.

If nothing else, I actually like ein more than Hayate (both in terms of gameplay and characterization) and wouldn't mind them putting in some lame plot twist where he loses his memory again and reverts back to Ein.

That being said, the fact that they play differently doesn't change the fact that Ein wasn't in the base release of 5 while Hitomi and Hayate are. Leon, I know does play differently from bayman and he also didn't make the cut, which implies neither character are high priority. I'm not saying they shouldn't be in, it's just likely that if they will temporarily cut a character, those two will likely be it and come back later as dlc or in a rerelease (again).

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

I think there should be more Japanese Red Heads in the game.

So more Kasumi clones then, eh?

On a minor gameplay note; I like to occasionally go thru the command training of different characters to get a feel for their moves and overall playstyle, since 5 ultimate, it really bugs me that youre now required to finish all of a character's moves before resetting the move list, I kinda hope they do away with that and revert back to the original method where you can skip any move you cant do and the game doesnt keep forcing you to do the move unless you manually select a different one. This could help newcomers to learning the more difficult character's move and avoid being turned off by being made to finish the whole move set (I personally never bothered to use Raidou, Hayate, and Akira simply because I couldnt finish their command list for example).

P2p1mbs

I don't mean More Kasumi Clones. I mean new Japanese Female Characters with Red Hair.

First of all, I was joking...

Second of all; do you just post anything you want to see that pops into your head? Seriously, a lot of the things you posted are all really random and (in my opinion) highly unrealistic

KwonJigglypuff

@TheKasumiLover Hey, can you stop double/triple posting, please ?
Thank you. :)

As much as I'd like licensed soundtrack (Aerosmith worked well in the past), I'm not sure Billie Jean would fit in the DOA universe so much.

Argentus

@TheKasumiLover Hey, can you stop double/triple posting, please ?
Thank you. :)

As much as I'd like licensed soundtrack (Aerosmith worked well in the past), I'm not sure Billie Jean would fit in the DOA universe so much.

They really do need to go back to aerosmith for the opening and end credits though.

I now love Eat The Rich, 9 Lives and Dream On even more than I did before because it brings back DOA memories.

Maybe some Rag Doll, Dude Looks Like A Lady, or Walk On Water for the doa6 intro?

Or failing aerosmith, Motley Crüe!

Tyaren

Standard Donor

3885688.jpg

Brute

Standard Donor
@TheKasumiLover

Don't double-post.
Don't triple-post.
Don't abuse the "report" button by reporting anyone who doesn't agree with you.

The next time you violate these instructions, you will start receiving official infractions.

Brute

Standard Donor
Double-posting in order to respond to me telling you not to double-post was unwise.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD