Which character will you never pick up?

peachyO

Sorry but this is all wrong.
LOL don't be mad, just a fun post :)

"Not old, doesn't ever indicate that he has any attraction to Eliot and if flirting with girls makes you a pervert, then I don't want to not be a pervert". just teasing about how he keeps following eliot around despite eliot's annoyance with him. as far as personality goes, i don't like drunks. happy, belligerent, or otherwise. :D

"Nothing to do with personality"
ok, i dislike alpha's total lack of personality, being as how she's a biotech freak of nature. XD

the VF characters (especially jackie and sarah): i like DOA, not VF.
"Nothing to do with personality"
you are correct. okay: sarah comes across as full of herself, and her insults are rather lame to me. pai is, like many of the females, too cutesy and girly for my tastes. akira seems hotheaded like jann lee.

hitomi, lei fang, kokoro, lisa:
"Don't know where to start here. Just not true at all."

we can agree to disagree. all have nasal voices and taunts that i'd expect from a 13 year old girl. "YAY!" "I AM THE WINNER... WOO HOO!" "HEY, I WON!" "YOO HOO!" these are all simply to childish for my tastes.

jann lee: a hothead whose wanna-be alpha male tendencies are trying to mask a shortage in his jockey briefs.
"Maybe slightly true but Bass is the most hotheaded wannabe alpha males going."

it's VERY true in jann lee's case. as for my bass, he's isn't a wannabe alpha...he IS an alpha!! pro wrestler/biker/offshore oil rig worker is a hell of a resume. plus, most of his outbursts are centered on his being an overly protective dad, not necessarily trying to just show off like jann lee.

ayane: absolutely arrogant trollop whose personality has no redeeming qualities.
"Yeah she's a little arrogant but Bass is even more so"

a little? c'mon, man, cut me some slack. "hmmph!!", "go away", "LEW-ser", "do you even WANT to fight?", "you're supposed to WATCH your opponent?" sheer arrogance. i don't think bass is arrogant. he follows the orders of his much younger foreman, risks his life to save his fellow workers, tells helena he retired from wrasslin' so that the younger stars could "have the spotlight". sounds pretty nice, unless he's protecting his daughter or his bike (named "tina", so kind of an extension of his daughter).

rachel: a cheap dyke-asaurus rex who looks like sarah after 100 buffets and 2 gallons of 'roids.
Nothing to do with personality.
you are correct. i have no defense. i just hate her. no, i don't have have a particular problem beating her (for me, that would be hayate, tina, and helena), it was just hate at first sight. that's all i've got.

anyway, sorry if you got offended. i was just having fun :)

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I don't like playing the bosses like :alpha152: and :tengu:. They feel cheap to me, so they are first on the list.

Tengu is "cheap"? I hope you're referring to his DOA2U version and only his DOA2U version. He was overpowered in that game, but he was easily the worst character in both of the later games he appeared in.

dyke-asaurus rex

Holy shit! That's awesome.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hitomi. Nothing wrong with her moves, I just don't find the appeal too her.

Character I can probably look forward to is: Leon, Pai and Zack.

But for now....

Last edited:

Saber

Akira - impossible move timing. It's hard enough on the controller as it is.
Brad Wong - too many stances for me to remember.
Mila - fighting against her is annoying enough. Now you want me to fight AS her?
Lisa - No. Just...no.
Bass - Don't like his personality or his slow strikes.
Jann Lee - He just annoys the crap out of me. WATCHAAA your mom.
Eliot - Seriously? No.
Zack - He also annoys the crap out of me.
Genfu - Something about him just makes me want to avoid him. Solid character, but no.

And until Kasumi gets some buffs, I won't be using her at all.

LightSonic

I don't really hate anyone in DOA, but I'll never pick up Bass, Zack, Alpha, Rachel, Lisa and Leifang. None of these characters interest me and I just don't like there styles.

SaihateDYNAMO

Frequently Use: :pai::helena::leifang::hitomi::ayane::eliot::jacky:
Starting To Use Alot: :hayate::ein::tina::christie::lisa::jannlee::sarah::kokoro:
Meh::bradwong::genfu::mila::momiji::rachel::kasumi::zack:
Eww No: :bass::bayman::leon::akira:
Abort Mission::alpha152::rig::hayabusa: (especially Hayabusa. I can't use him to save my life!)

Brute

Standard Donor
Lisa ( not a fan of capoeira)
rofl
Abort Mission: (Hayabusa. I can't use him to save my life!)
:(

Anyway, half the roster is not in my "set." Long story, but basically I won't use them. I'll just outline the half of the cast that is in my available set.

Main:
:hayabusa:

Submain:
:leon:

Frequently used:
:lisa: :rig: :ayane:

Occasionally used:
:tina: :leifang: :jacky: :akira:

Rarely used:
:christie: :genfu: :jannlee: :pai:

Never use:
:alpha152: :rachel:

Last edited:

Aspect

Just tried giving Kokoro another shot, nope just doesn't work for me. Also tried Eliot, stopped after hearing his victory one liner 5 times - "Did I go too hard on you?" with the stance and all. I guess I'll never pickup any of the wrestlers in general, Bayman and Leon included. Akira is strong but I cannot finish his command training due to that 1 frame knee kick. Jann Lee... Jeet Kune Do is cool and all but after getting pounded by him online has made me hate him.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD