Which Newley added DOA5 character are you most excited about playing?

Who do you mostly look foward to

• Total voters

Ghosty-J

An awesome, original and other-wordly beard over the most stereotypical-looking blonde bimbo with a personality of a cardboard box wrapped in a BDSM roleplay get-up? Damn straight Tengu's hotter.
YOSH.gif

Ghosty-J

Ya just hatting on her good looks and great personality that's all
I like Rachel too. Honest. But I just like Tengu more since one would never see a giant tengu in a fighting game other than DoA, let alone one that's playable. Tengu added something fresh to the cast while Rachel just adds... well, yet another blue-eyed blond. It's cool that she's in, but her over Tengu is still a load of hogwash in my book.

Argentus

I like Rachel too. Honest. But I just like Tengu more since one would never see a giant tengu in a fighting game other than DoA, let alone one that's playable. Tengu added something fresh to the cast while Rachel just adds... well, yet another blue-eyed blond. It's cool that she's in, but her over Tengu is still a load of hogwash in my book.

Haven't we already seen like 3 or 4 demons in Tekken?

That's always been my issue with Tengu. He never fit in with the rest of DOA, he's more of a Tekken character design wise. Kinda like how in Street Fighter 4, Rufus and Crimson Viper felt more like King of Fighters characters, than Street Fighter ones.

Ghosty-J

Haven't we already seen like 3 or 4 demons in Tekken?

That's always been my issue with Tengu. He never fit in with the rest of DOA, he's more of a Tekken character design wise. Kinda like how in Street Fighter 4, Rufus and Crimson Viper felt more like King of Fighters characters, than Street Fighter ones.
All said demons have always been devils. Which Tengu bears no resemblance to. And given all the fiends running around everywhere in Ninja Gaiden, which is in the same universe as DoA, Tengu's always been the perfect fit to the game. Not to be rude, but if he looked more like True Ogre, then the comparison to Tekken would have made more sense.

Momiji-Baybee

All said demons have always been devils. Which Tengu bears no resemblance to. And given all the fiends running around everywhere in Ninja Gaiden, which is in the same universe as DoA, Tengu's always been the perfect fit to the game. Not to be rude, but if he looked more like True Ogre, then the comparison to Tekken would have made more sense.

No fiends aren't part of the DOA universe they are part of the NG universe. And she is half fiend, you could barley even tell by looking at her. She is a way better fit in DOA then Tengu. He is nothing more then a past boss

Argentus

I was just generalizing them all as "Monsters/demons". Which is what the Tekken Cast is known for (Raptors, bears, robots, demons, devils, etc), which means Tengu fits in a lot better with that cast. In DOA, he sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't fit in at ALL. I mean, we have wrestlers, a self taught muay thai user, assassins, some schoolgirls, some ninjas, an opera singer, an MMA fighter, a drunken fist user, an iron fist user, etc....and then freaking TENGU, a long nosed, winged, red skinned, weather controlling, flying sumo demon. He's a Big Lipped Alligator Moment incarnate. Even Omega and Alpha fit in better, being a brainwashed ninja and a clone of a ninja, respectively. Nobody would bat an eyelash at a character like that in Tekken, but in DoA he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Again, I feel for those who mained him, but I wholly understand why he, out of everyone else, would not be brought back (Though for the record, I'm guessing he will be)

Ghosty-J

I was just generalizing them all as "Monsters/demons". Which is what the Tekken Cast is known for (Raptors, bears, robots, demons, devils, etc), which means Tengu fits in a lot better with that cast. In DOA, he sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't fit in at ALL. I mean, we have wrestlers, a self taught muay thai user, assassins, some schoolgirls, some ninjas, an opera singer, an MMA fighter, a drunken fist user, an iron fist user, etc....and then freaking TENGU, a long nosed, winged, red skinned, weather controlling, flying sumo demon. He's a Big Lipped Alligator Moment incarnate. Even Omega and Alpha fit in better, being a brainwashed ninja and a clone of a ninja, respectively. Nobody would bat an eyelash at a character like that in Tekken, but in DoA he sticks out like a sore thumb.
I disagree. By appearance he could be considered by some as the odd man out, but he was fantastic as a boss fitting within the game's dominant ninja theme. And shouldn't Omega be considered unfitting for DoA since he's just some gigantic ninja gone demon? They're both fine as is since he and Tengu helped give the series a sense of lore that not even Tekken would have been able to take full advantage of since Japanese mythology had never been a main focus of the game's story. All the technological stuff taken out, DoA has been more akin to steering its theme more toward Japanese mythology. Tengu being a Shinto god, or in other words a yokai, his mere prescience alone fitted the game perfectly fine. Definitely a better boss than glowing Jell-O with arms and legs with the cheapness of Dural before VF3 <_<; With that said, both Tengu AND Rachel fit fine equally. Tengu's just 20% cooler :V

TN said it wasn't
You'd be right if you were talking about the original NES trilogy. When Ninja Gaiden was rebooted for the Xbox, the story was set to serve as a prequel to the very first DoA. There have even been hints to the series connection with each other. One glaringly obvious hint showing the inclusion of the DOATEC building in stage 2 of NG2. NG3 was also hinted to take place between DoA4 and 5 because of the mention of Hayate and Hayabusa's Legendary Black Falcon costume looking exactly the same as the one he uses in DoA5. And if both of the series weren't connected to begin with, Rachel and Momiji wouldn't even be there :/

Brute

Standard Donor
You think an ugly large nosed dirty bearded fat creature is hotter then a hot blond with big breast, a big breast, and a beautiful face? Clearly it's you who has the lows standards
Rachel is not hot. I'm not a huge fan of blondes. Don't really like big breasts that much when they look more like cancerous lumps than a woman's chest. Rachel's face looks like plastic and isn't beautiful.

Tengu is ripped and has a phallic nose. What's not sexy about that?

PS: lol @ thinking the rebooted NG happens in a different universe than DOA. trolololol

Momiji-Baybee

Rachel is not hot. I'm not a huge fan of blondes. Don't really like big breasts that much when they look more like cancerous lumps than a woman's chest. Rachel's face looks like plastic and isn't beautiful.

Tengu is ripped and has a phallic nose. What's not sexy about that?

PS: lol @ thinking the rebooted NG happens in a different universe than DOA. trolololol

Troll Troll Troll

You know deep down that she is hot and Tengu is not :)

David Gregg

It's sad that the discussion of Tengu has so much to do with his appearance and not his fighting style which should be the main focus since this is a FIGHTING game. This isn't an America's Next Model contest. lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD