Who will be cut in DOA6?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So, who do you guys think, will be cut in DOA6. Please also explain why you think they will be cut. :)

My guess:
First of all, obviously the Virtua Fighters have to say good bye: :akira: :sarah: :pai: :jacky:
I really don't think, they'll come back. There might be a new collaboration...this time of course with the likes of Senran Kagura. XD
Apart from the Virtua Fighters I'm pretty sure, :ein: and :leon: will again not be part of the initial cast... I'm not so sure about :rachel: and :momiji: though. They are girls after all... But that also means, they could be great paid DLC. ;) So, they are probably gone too, as they don't really belong to DOA anyway.
I have the feeling, that Nyotengu will stay, as she will be incorporated into the overall story. :raidou: will probably be cut though, even though he will share history with Honoka and Ayane. He's a guy and a pretty unattractive and unpopular one...
Honoka and Marie Rose will stay in DOA6, that I'm very sure of. They are very popular and they finally need a proper introduction into the series.
Last but not least :alpha152: will be very likely gone, now that Phase 4 took her place. Phase 4 will probably be the boss in DOA6 or at least a boss, so she stays.
I don't think anyone from the regular cast will be cut...

Pictured Mind

I don't think they will get rid of Momiji. She's a VERY popular character, especially in Japan. Which then (let's be hopeful) means Rachel will stay as well.

As far as Kasumi clones go, the entire concept of clones is boring to me, but I don't know about them. I guess it all depends on the DOA 6 story.

Obviously I don't have a lot of faith in the VF characters, but it would be cool if their fighting styles would come back.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I doubt anyone will be cut from the cast in DOA6 apart from the Virtua Fighters.

They will cut them for the sake of DOA6 Ultimate and DOA6 Mega Platinum Round

It's also very expensive and time consuming to completely redesign all the characters and tweak their fighting styles anew and this is exactly what they would have to do with DOA6 for this new console generation. None of the current generation fighter had an initially large roster. They're between 8-24 characters. DOA5LR has, what, 32 right now? If they only cut the 4 Virtua Fighters and add a minimum of 2 new characters, that would make 30 characters. Lol, they would never be this generous. XD

UpSideDownGRUNT

Probably non canon/dead characters, so Gen Fu, Alpha 152 etc.

I could put Ein here, but after Hayate was captured and Rig restarted Project Epsilon, it's actually possible Ein could return as a incomplete Hayate clone and mix Ein's Karate with some of Hayate's ninja moves.

Other than that, everyone else is guaranteed to come back for story mode.

Last edited:

Argentus

Lol they know better than to cut Leon again.

Vfs and alpha gone for sure. Momiji and Rachel maybe, I think they count as "guest" fighters as well. Nyo maybe.

I wish I could say Honoka and Marie but they're too popular with Japanese players.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Rachel and Momiji will be back, they were actually never announced as guest characters and if that was the case Hayabusa wouldn't still be in these games.

They wouldn't cut, any of the DLC characters and Raidou/Honoka because they don't have stories, which they'll likely expand on in DOA6 story mode.

Same with any other character post vanilla.

Argentus

Rachel and Momiji will be back, they were actually never announced as guest characters and if that was the case Hayabusa wouldn't still be in these games.
Hayabusa was in DOA before the Xbox ninja gaiden so that's not much of an argument.

From what I understand Rachel was only a thing to reuse Nicoles moves without Nicole.

Either way they both feel like padding/guest characters. I'm sure they'll stick around though.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hayabusa was in DOA before the Xbox ninja gaiden so that's not much of an argument.

From what I understand Rachel was only a thing to reuse Nicoles moves without Nicole.

Either way they both feel like padding/guest characters. I'm sure they'll stick around though.
Not really modern Hayabusa was supposed to be a different character all together but someone mentioned Hayabusa from the NES Ninja Gaiden games and itagaki just retconned his appearance slightly that's it .

Ninja Gaiden existed way before 2004, people need to remember that.

SoftCabbage

He technically retired lol i just want him gone....

How mean... :(

And pls bitches. I played Ryu Hayabusa before he was even close to being cool.
861mkAp.jpg

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
He technically retired lol i just want him gone....

He will stay, he's the only really old dude (expext Nyotengu XD, but she's no dude anymore) and his fighting style is fairly unique.

Lol they know better than to cut Leon again.

Yeah, they will cut him without any regrets and send him right back to the desert, where he came from.

I wish I could say Honoka and Marie but they're too popular with Japanese players.

At this point they will rather cut Kasumi than Marie Rose, I'm afraid. Marie Rose might also grace the cover of DOA6 together with her moe blob sister, Honoka. So, Honoko will have to stay too. ;)
To be honest, I like Marie Rose (even though she is the stereotypical loli) and I hope, she will really have a bond with Eliot. Something like her being attracted to him, and he being completely oblivious of that, treating her like a little sister (Mei Lin) and having only eyes for Ayane, which again annoys the f*** out of MR, lol.>XD

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Alpha,Gen-Fu, Ein will surprise me if they come back.

pretty sure either leon or Bayman will get the axe. neither are very popular, have any significance to the plot, and they both also play very similar roles as the gruff military men. as strange as this sounds, i honestly think id rather for Bayman to next game out. bring him back in DOA7 revamped with all the professional wrestling removed from his movelist.

it seems very strange to raidou after going through the trouble of resurrecting him, not to mention giving him another daughter. if he goes then Honoka pretty much has nothing to do for DOA6.

or no one could be cut. KT is making money hand over fist with this franchise so i dont see production cost really being an issue.

UpSideDownGRUNT

All I know is if Ein isn't in DOA6 I probably won't get it, it'd force me to learn Hitomi/Hayate sure but I don't wanna go through not being able to play my main again.

Raidou, Nyotengu, Honoka, Marie Rose and Kasumi Alpha Phase 4 are all guaranteed as much as Kasumi, Hayabusa, Ayane and Hayate ate to come back.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Yeah, I can see the Virtua Fighters not coming back. As for characters like Alpha-152 and Genfu, they might not make the cut due to:
- Gen Fu is retiring if I remember correctly
- Alpha-152 was killed

Momiji and Rachel? I think they're just guest characters, so I don't think they'll be in DOA6 either. Leon and Ein? I'd be surprised if they come back. Finally, the new DLC characters (Marie Rose, Nyotengu, Phase-4, Raidou, and Honoka). I don't know where their fates lie.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Logically speaking, the only characters that probably will not make returns are Alpha-152 and the Virtua Fighter guest characters. I think right now, people forget that just because fighters aren't part of the story or don't enter tournaments anymore doesn't mean they have to be cut from the roster. Gen Fu is probably the only original DOA character I could see not returning, since at the end of Eliot's DOA story, he said that was going to begin training Eliot his style. Everyone else is most likely going to come back.

Momiji and Rachel? I think they're just guest characters, so I don't think they'll be in DOA6 either. Leon and Ein? I'd be surprised if they come back.
Momiji and Rachel aren't guest characters, because if that was the case, Hayabusa would be considered a guest character as well. Also, Leon and Ein WERE supposed to be in vanilla DOA5, but didn't make the roster due to time constraints.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD