Who will be cut in DOA6?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Ah, sadly Akira is in the jam since Kokoro is based off him yet the playstyle and terms of execution as a reward character is not exactly the same. Still, not a bad idea and hopefully they can create a character in similar to high difficultly but great rewards.

KwonJigglypuff

Ah, sadly Akira is in the jam since Kokoro is based off him yet the playstyle and terms of execution as a reward character is not exactly the same. Still, not a bad idea and hopefully they can create a character in similar to high difficultly but great rewards.

Well I guess they could rework Gen Fu a bit, based on that idea/inviduality.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Well I guess they could rework Gen Fu a bit, based on that idea/inviduality.

Well Gen Fu isn't exactly heavy on the buttons. What I had in mind is a new character entirely that's very similar to Akira in terms of approach, execution and types of guard breaks. Could be female or male, doesn't really matter on gender but the character itself plays a direct influence to how Akira plays. Kokoro is only paying homage to Akira based on Bajiquan but not Akira entirely with how the character is in general. I suppose a spiritual successor to the character is the right term here. Same with what you mention of Pai, not a direct copy of Pai..but a character that is exactly the same on approach and is a spiritual successor of the character.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Right, something like Nyotengu as well. We know Bankotsubo won't return sadly but a direct influence to the character, thus Nyotengu. (The wind tornado, the throws etc.) Something like that.

Akira > New character - (Kokoro does not count as she is only paying homage to Akira because Akira was the first character to introduce Bajiquan to a 3D fighter. Kokoro is towards respect for that but unfortunately she plays nothing like Akira at all.) I speak of a character that plays almost the same as Akira but not exactly Akira. Could be male or female, doesn't matter. A true spiritual successor made as a DOA character with about the same type of data. (1-Frame Knee/Kick, GBoD, SPoD etc.)

Genra > New character - Genra itself might take the same path as mentioned. A new character inheriting the exact or changed movestyle of Genra.

Pai > New character. As @KwonJigglypuff mentioned up there. Spiritual successor of Pai. There's no character that is paying homage to her either. Leifang does not even count for homage as her style is Tai Chi while Pai is Mízōngquán (Ensei-Ken). Female or male, does not matter.

Jacky (?) - We already have Jann Lee. If anything, there are some moves that Jann Lee could inherit from Jacky to be taken for use.

Sarah (?) - Mixed martial art so this is debatable.

Kronin

If anything they would arguably be better once they ditched the XY chromosome. Look at Hitomi and Nyotengu.

Indeed, there are definitely better chances for a DoA game to get a better outcome even from a gameplay pov on female characters, just because the focus of the team is naturally reversed on them (not only from a casual pov). However with this I'm not saying that they can't make great male characters, personally I'm truly satisfied of Rig and the reworking on Leon and Raidou's movesets.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
pretty sure they will remove Ein

and im strongly against replacing any of the VF characters. those are not TNs characters and even ripping off their movesets would be pretty messed up. the only time i feel fighters can replace a guest with a new character is when they made that moveset in the first place

KwonJigglypuff

I know a lot of people won't like it, but I wouldn't mind if Hayate could change his moveset to Ein's during a match, with a special mechanic. Two movesets in one is a cool mechanic and goes well with the whole amnesia thing. It could be justified by the last chapter in DOA5, when once again Hayate was genetically manipulated by M.I.S.T.

I'm only saying that because I find Hayate kinda boring, he has nothing special compared to the other ninjas (his dash moves are nothing special to me). But again it's only my wish to make Hayate less boring, as Ein's moveset is so much more epic.

So yeah this is not Smash Bros (Zelda/Sheik), but it could be fun.

KwonJigglypuff

fair enough. just as long as he doesn't lose anything i dont care if Ein tacks on

Well to be fair this idea was also motivated by Hayate as a character, I mean, in terms of personality.
Sure Ein isn't the most well written character in the world (amnesia, wow, so creative), but Hayate has literally no charisma.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD