Characters Why we play Kasumi (Casual Thread)

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I renewed this thread because it's been a while since the topic was made & we have newcomers constantly coming into the site. This thread will be casual.

This site is for being competitive & tips for characters but there's nothing wrong with taking a day or 2 off to show fan appreciation towards your character. Besides this is just to have a little fun. So, why do we main the Kunoichi of Destiny? What do we like about her?

What done it for me was DOA1. Besides the fact she's a ninja & my motto (speed kills), & my play style, she broke my "no using girls in games" method in fighting games. I didn't even wanna use her then. It was about Jann Lee, Hayabusa, & Zack. However, I didn't really like them. I wanted somebody that was fast & my cousin mentioned her & that she was ninja. So I swallowed my pride & used her & learned some of her moves & started putting my big cousins in a body bag. Her personality is good too. She's a good girl but when push comes to shove she'll beat your ass. I like to think of her personality as T.I.'s line in the song "Be Easy": Super cool, but still a threat at the same.

Been my main every since then. So it's not because of the fact that she's hot or nothing like that(Even though she is. Just never looked at her or any other female character like that) .. I even get hyped when Allan Paris, Swoozie, Shade Swifteye & more Kasumi players use her, knowing that they like as well as I do.

This is also where you can share or talk casual costumes etc. Show some pride in her. Enjoy.
What are your reasons for liking her & maining her? What makes you interested in her? :kasumi:

Last edited by a moderator:

kupo

I've always used female characters and like you I'm also fond of ninjas. Gameplay wise, I really like characters with good movement and flashy stuff. Kasumi just happened to fit perfectly, specially in this version with her teleport combos.
I new to competitive DOA but from what I've played with her so far, I'm enjoying the character lot.

Murakame

I'm no different from you guys. Ninja's r ultra cool to me so she got alot of points from me for that. But I love her fighting style; It's graceful and beautiful yet deadly almost like an extension of her personality and herself. I like the petals that come whenever she enters like " I am ready." or from her 9 P flip , 33T and when she teleports. Kasumi being gorgeous is the icing on the cake. When shes in my hands it feels right (lol this sounds wrong) and I feel like I can defeat anyone.

SilverForte

I picked up kasumi mainly because I loved her style. I like how she can vary a lot of her strings and her fast attacking speed.

Chaos

EVERYTHING! good looking, innocent attitude, character design & lightning fast combo strings, pretty much everything. Oh yeah I forgot to mention...SHES A NINJA!! :eek:LOL

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, I don't technically "main" her solely, but she's one of my most played characters right now and I'm really trying to pick her up. I first started looking into her when a lot of Ryu (my "main main")'s bullshit started pissing me off. So basically, I wanted something very different from him, but still with enough flash and flare to keep me motivated to improve. So, some of the reasons she stood out to me over others (no particular order):

1) Ninja. Sue me. I like ninjas. Visually for appearance, intrinsically for persona, and aesthetically in terms of fighting style.
2) Speed. Typically in games I like to be agile, mobile, fast and unpredictable. Kasumi is fast, and has a lot of combos to allow that speed to catch people off-guard.
3) Ninja gimmicks. Dunno what else to call them, but I love things like 9P+K, 7P, 33T, 3P+K, 9H, etc. Visually they're awesome, and when used right I feel quite satisfied. Also, have a "universal mid-counter" (in Kasumi's case, 3H) is very handy.
4) Mix-up game. Some characters in DOA5 do this horribly because they're slow and have very predictable combo chains most everyone knows (guess who). Kasumi's ability to break off frequently into low trips and keep the pressure game going appealed to me. And unless you get buffer trapped (ONLINE!) than you have a lot of potential mid-combo to change things up if what you were originally planning isn't working.
5) She's not Ayane. I love Ayane; I really do. But it seems so does everyone else. Sure there are a fair amount of Kasumi players, but nothing compared to Ayane (judging by online sightings on PSN). As a guy with no particular love for mirror matches, it makes alternative ninjas more appealing (see: above points). Since I've been toying with Ryu relentlessly from Day 1 of the Alpha demo, he was axed out. Hayate was also eliminated by de facto principle (long story, but basically 1/2 the roster I refuse to "main").
6) In the latest DLC bundle she got a "gym" costume. Call me weird/creepy/whatever, but I fucking love those things.

edit: I really do miss the 33T from DOA4, though...

Chaos

I really want TN to bring back Kasumi's :3::3::F::+::P: grab as a OH :( it was a very useful move when you go against reckless offense whores "I'm looking at you Helena!" But Im glad that Kasumi still have all her moves from the previous series. :)

kerokun

I really want TN to bring back Kasumi's :3::3::F::+::P: grab as a OH :( it was a very useful move when you go against reckless offense whores "I'm looking at you Helena!" But Im glad that Kasumi still have all her moves from the previous series. :)
Sorry to sidetrack but is there any offensive holds for Kasumi now? Both :8::H+P: and :3::3::H+P: seems to have been nerfed to become non OH.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Kasumi is still a solid character. I love this character. Definitely not top-tier like she was in DOA4, but definitely not mid-to-low tier in DOA5 as early projections either. I would put her somewhere between the bottom of A tiers or at the top of B tier. She's solid enough to roll on opponents. It takes a lot more time to break her down than in any other DOA game I've played. That's why so many people are writing her off.

Advantages: Extremely high potential juggle damages (236T, 1T, & 46H are the best start-up), very good mix-ups, good for spacing( Hoshininpo). Good throw damage, fast as hell (as always)

Disadvantages: Sitting & turtling through a fight, then you're a dead-man walking. She's a rushdown character. Can't just sit & block through the match. More importantly, she's unsafe.

As long as you don't sit still & attack with her with good mix-ups, but at the same time defend well, you should be fine.
So, she's not a defensive character.

Just throwing those out there

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD