Will you be buying DOA5U?

Are you going to buy DOA5U?

• Total voters

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
The answer is HELL YEA. I've played DOA since DOA2 for the Dreamcast back then when I rented the game in Blockbuster. It had that Virtua Fighter 3 feel when I first played it.

I'm gonna buy it like I did with DOA2 Hardcore and DOA Ultimate. Can't wait for this game to come out!

Aven Kujo-Gin

I was waiting for something like this since the first time I heard Leon will not be in the game... So hell yeah, this have to be mine for sure!

Number 13

Already was considering it, but EIN and DoA 3 stages?!

Wellington_Breakdown_1.gif

Sold. We are not even done with all the reveals yet either.

Rapham0n

The reason I ask such a question is because I've never seen so many people bitch about an updated release. All I see over FB is, "OMG Team ninja stop being capcom!!!" "Im not buying this!" "what a disgrace!"

While I think some of the people are jumping on the bandwagon with the rest of them, and will most likely buy it when it comes out. It's still irritating to see how much dislike is going for this atm.

So just wondering if you guys are going to be even getting this or not.

Day 1 for me atleast.

Take a good look at the Mass Effect series. Especially Mass Effect 2 and even more so Mass Effect 3. Look at all the extra stuff they added to that game WITHOUT requiring players to purchase a "new" version of the game. Look at all the extra stuff they added to Fallout 3 WITHOUT the need for players to purchase a second release of the game. If they could do that for a game like Mass Effect 3 and Fallout 3 then why the hell can't it be done for fighting games? I'll tell you why. A combination of greed and laziness. So IMHO people have all right to be outraged when a developer comes along and tells us we have to purchase the same game twice just for a little bit of extra content.

Raansu

Take a good look at the Mass Effect series. Especially Mass Effect 2 and even more so Mass Effect 3. Look at all the extra stuff they added to that game WITHOUT requiring players to purchase a "new" version of the game. Look at all the extra stuff they added to Fallout 3 WITHOUT the need for players to purchase a second release of the game. If they could do that for a game like Mass Effect 3 and Fallout 3 then why the hell can't it be done for fighting games? I'll tell you why. A combination of greed and laziness. So IMHO people have all right to be outraged when a developer comes along and tells us we have to purchase the same game twice just for a little bit of extra content.

Erm...all that stuff was added through DLC. You act like it was all free.

Koompbala

Erm...all that stuff was added through DLC. You act like it was all free.

Thats just part of it, but good point. ME1 had two pieces of dlc back when bioware did their own thing. ME2 had a lot of dlc quest there was a couple costume packs I believe. There was a whole lot of weapon packs too. ME3 has pretty much the same amount. The difference is the quest dlc is more expensive this time around. That's pretty damn greedy I'd say.

Does not relate you're comparing apples & oranges here. First and foremost your comparing Multiplayer to Single Player. When a game has MP as a feature everyone needs to have the same version. If you didn't get the GOTY for Fallout 3 great thats your choice. You can have a different version from others cause your playing a "SP" game not MP. Even if they released this as DLC. Which it is everyone needs to get it why? Cause its "mandatory" for everyone to have the same version due to online. It's "mandatory" for dlc to cost something on console. Til that "mandatory" rule changes you can't say their money hungry. That's if it even changes ever.

Secondly look at these patches for Fallout 3.

PC

See the clear difference yeah you do. You know why there's such a difference? Its definitely not because Fallout started on PC. Its because console patching cost way too much money while PC is minimal. Two XBLA games come to mind Costume Quest & Fez never got needed patches. I do not use that term loosely either. The patches were necessary and never came why? Price. Which brings me to my next point. Price I am not gonna give you numbers cause this should be common sense. Fallout and ME have made a whole lot of money. They can afford the patching. How about you quit bitching and be happy we got this many patches thus far. Those 2 games made way more money than DoA ever did. You know why 5U is coming cause fans requested it and it cost minimal money to release a patch that comes to disc. So take that misguided hate somewhere else.

Raansu

Patching is only bad on the 360 because MS can get away with it currently with their asinine closed network concept.

Raansu

I bet that damn near everybody who voted "no" ends up buying the game anyway. The really stubborn ones will buy the game and tell nobody.

Only one person voted no, and that was me. And unless TN gives me a reason to buy it, it will stay as a no.

Koompbala

Patching is only bad on the 360 because MS can get away with it currently with their asinine closed network concept.

Yeah I should of been specific. Thats why I didn't include PS3. To make things streamlined sometimes PS3 is forced to get what 360 gets. Or how updates get released first on PS3 then 360.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD