Win Streak Issue // Rage Quitters

LeiFang009

I just want to know what's the end goal for these people? Just to cheat your way to a high rank and get stomped by real high-ranked players? That's so lame. The goal should be learning the game not this crap. I will stay a C- player until I improve over time. Doesn't matter how much I lose as a new DOA player. I'm ok with 40-45% win rate as long as I learn something from playing online.

Kuga

I just want to know what's the end goal for these people? Just to cheat your way to a high rank and get stomped by real high-ranked players? That's so lame. The goal should be learning the game not this crap. I will stay a C- player until I improve over time. Doesn't matter how much I lose as a new DOA player. I'm ok with 40-45% win rate as long as I learn something from playing online.
Your point od view is a healthy one. However there is a not-so-small group od people that consider themselves better at game they really are, to whom defeat is not a matter of learning, analyzing mistakes and eventualy improving. For them lost match is never their fault, they will always comfort they ego by putting blame on you, and so - it is always you who is lagging, spamming, no life nerd etc. They simply cant accept defeat.

And so, leaderboards in games are full of such people. Mamy times ive met "top ranking" players in mamy games that presented average level at best. DoA6 is no exception.

Similar situation IRL can be said about many modern painters, where they consider themselves artists by painting absolute trash that requires no skill at all. But try and tell them this and you will never hear the end of how simplimistic you are to not understand how "deep" their work and other insults.

When human closes his mind from criticism, he stops evolving. Yet many people do just that.

RayBellion

Many people crave for admiration and want to impress others, be it justified or not. I must admit I usually get a bad feeling about my winning chances if my ranked match opponent is introduced with a two-digit-something win streak. Being in the C ranks myself, it is quite possible for me to meet better players on their way up the ladder having a low rating yet, for whom a long win streak is quite possible up to the moment they reach their "final" (high) rating. At least as psychological warfare, it works against me. Of course, big chances are I am INDEED meeting a better player on his way up. I have never met a rage quitter yet, but at my (weak) playing strength that's probably not so often necessary :)

Well, the ego is a double-edged sword. It can be a source of motivation to git gud, but it can be a temptation to fake or cheat as well. Stay away from the dark side of the force...

NightAntilli

My highest win streak is 34 wins. I almost got a legit greatest once. I punched myself in the head for failing at the last second in the last round. This was easily achieved when I started playing, since I got matched with a bunch of low ranking players, and let's just say I'm not the worst player out there.
As soon as I got to the A+ range, my win streak didn't reach as high anymore. Sure, I can get 15+, but if I reach 30 I'm extremely lucky. Most of the time I will lose before reaching 20.

RootofEvil

I've only had 1 rage quitter so far. I do get a lot of players who don't want to rematch me I think that's pretty lame cause they're are so little players online anyway. Doa players are in general much more mature than Tekken players who rage quit even during player matches.

RayBellion

Now I've had two rage quitters as well (one rank E, one B-). Both disconnected shortly before the end of the second round, moments before I was to finish the second round in style. Seems they saw no chances to turn the game around (heh, if they'd known me better, they'd played on...). The bad thing is, neither got I the ranking points nor was a win added to my statistics. The message was "Player disconnected from network" and that was it... :(

That's such a disappointing behaviour.

I do get a lot of players who don't want to rematch me I think that's pretty lame cause they're are so little players online anyway.

Yeah, that's why I usually force me to accept a rematch even if I think my opponent is definitely better (and I accept always after a win, no matter how close). But after a loss I must admit it very rarely pays off in the statistics. But one can learn from mistakes...

Disclaimer: If the skill gap is so high that it's neither fun for both of us I do decline. For example, after I lost 2 rounds perfectly and just landed one successful blow in the third before going down - I do not think that either player will benefit from another go. I am (not yet) a match for such an opponent and I can't seem to improve and learn anything the times I went for such an uneven rematch. So my trigger for declining is: loosing all three rounds without doing at least 50% damage at least once.

NightAntilli

I can't be the only one that has game crashes from time to time. Don't count all disconnects are rage quitting. This is true for PC only though.

RootofEvil

Now

Yeah, that's why I usually force me to acp
Disclaimer: If the skill gap is so high that it's neither fun for both of us I do decline. For example, after I lost 2 rounds perfectly and just landed one successful blow in the third before going down - I do not think that either player will benefit from another go. I am (not yet) a match for such an opponent and I can't seem to improve and learn anything the times I went for such an uneven rematch. So my trigger for declining is: loosing all three rounds without doing at least 50% damage at least once.

Yeah, after a while it's no fun anymore if the other player is much weaker or stronger than yourself. That's why it's pretty strange when you come across players with long win streaks. Fighting games really aren't fun anymore when you don't got fair competition

Hitomixoxo

Well .. rank means nothing , when lobbies will be on , we will see a lot of Bad U+ . Don’t care ^^’
Most of player make the ranked annoying like hell , they are playing cheap , just want the win not the fun .

Kuga

Why do people care do much about statistics in this game when nobody except them can actually see those?

I play Raidou, and only him for now. Hes got hard time vs basically everyone because of his speed, lack od movement and defense capabilities. Typical low/bottom tier type. I lose, quite a lot, aganist people playing decent leveled "normal" characters but i always rematch. I rematch knowing i will lose to learn, search for strats. Level gap power doesnt matter to me. I will learn more when i overcome frustration from getting my ass kicked rather when i get an easy win. Its brutal and painfull journey sometimes but i think it will pay of in the end.

But of course i dont expect everyone to be such masochists:).

Hitomixoxo

Why do people care do much about statistics in this game when nobody except them can actually see those?

I play Raidou, and only him for now. Hes got hard time vs basically everyone because of his speed, lack od movement and defense capabilities. Typical low/bottom tier type. I lose, quite a lot, aganist people playing decent leveled "normal" characters but i always rematch. I rematch knowing i will lose to learn, search for strats. Level gap power doesnt matter to me. I will learn more when i overcome frustration from getting my ass kicked rather when i get an easy win. Its brutal and painfull journey sometimes but i think it will pay of in the end.

But of course i dont expect everyone to be such masochists:).

Yes I understand but you will learn a lot in lobbies for sure !!!

RayBellion

I can't be the only one that has game crashes from time to time. Don't count all disconnects are rage quitting. This is true for PC only though.

I play on PS4 and both disconnects were near the end of round 2. It really seemed to have happened willfully.

Well, you may not see detailed statistics, but you can see the actual rank. And at least for getting one trophy ("win 5 times in a row online") the manipulation of a win streak might seem like an easy shortcut for some people. The method employed by my quitters (the early disco) seems to eliminate any danger of de-ranking.

BTW I admire your fighting spirit facing (too) strong opposition. Kudos to you!

Kuga

Worth diggin up.
Checked some fresh DoA6 matches on YT and saw that all these boosting "demigods" of DoA with U+ and unreasonably high o-like-100+ win streaks (which is simply impossible on U+, mathematics and all) sudenly ended due to new patch. Imagine the salt these guys must feel.

Made me laught so hard.

Raansu

Worth diggin up.
Checked some fresh DoA6 matches on YT and saw that all these boosting "demigods" of DoA with U+ and unreasonably high o-like-100+ win streaks (which is simply impossible on U+, mathematics and all) sudenly ended due to new patch. Imagine the salt these guys must feel.

Made me laught so hard.

They got what they wanted, not sure there's any salt. They will all just float in lobbies now.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Worth diggin up.

Made me laught so hard.
NGL, I did boost myself from U to U+ but I am glad the patch fixed it. When the new ranks are here leaderboards will finally look normal again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD