Yosuke Hayashi-We’re preparing a big surprise for Dead or Alive 5 in the future.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not rushing things, there's a good chance the guest fighters(Naotora included ~_~) will not return, and there will be a lot of displeased players. I say wait, it's still early in the life cycle to me.

Dark-truth

I'm not rushing things, there's a good chance the guest fighters(Naotora included ~_~) will not return, and there will be a lot of displeased players. I say wait, it's still early in the life cycle to me.
I honestly hope they won't return. Tired of guests I want more original characters

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

The real reason for them to not rush things is to get the best out of DOA and take the time to actually work the game. Constantly asking for DOA6 will provide a high chance to make the complaints no different than DOA5. Asking for DOA6 within these few year time periods while working on other games such as Dissidia and Nioh is constraint and putting little faith over the game. They should finish all their other projects before working on DOA6. Again, again and again >>> 2019+.

Team NINJA have been making like over 20+ partnerships non stop. Guest characters on DOA6 is extremely high.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The real reason for them to not rush things is to get the best out of DOA and take the time to actually work the game. Constantly asking for DOA6 will provide a high chance to make the complaints no different than DOA5. Asking for DOA6 within these few year time periods while working on other games such as Dissidia and Nioh is constraint and putting little faith over the game. I want them to finish all their other projects before working on DOA6. Again, again and again >>> 2019+.

Team NINJA have been making like over 20+ partnerships non stop. Guest characters on DOA6 is extremely high.
I agree with this entirely. They should finish everything else first and just take their time, this collaboration thing they're doing atm is giving them more positive credibility and respect from other companies, which can be quite beneficial for them when they do start on DOA6.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I agree with this entirely. They should finish everything else first and just take their time, this collaboration thing they're doing atm is giving them more positive credibility and respect from other companies, which can be quite beneficial for them when they do start on DOA6.

Some companies are actually needed. SEGA for example develops and distributes the arcade version which both split local revenue share and promotion of the game along with other fighters using SEGA cabinets. SEGA even made an arcade that has Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Dengeki Bunko, Virtua Fighter and DOA5UA/LR into one whole cabinet for selection. Wish the US had these types of arcades, I'd probably play that than the actual online portion and because the sound effects and selection is different than the console version.

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

I was just thinking, maybe they're planning on a new psvita release for last round?

That being said, with all this speculation of announcements of things like new characters/stages, improved online, or new game modes, I think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment to expect big things like those. I fully expect that this "big surprise" will not be as big as they claim it will be. I know a lot of people here already have low expectations but I think even then, the news won't be all that exciting.

Jadeinchains

I'm not even sure when it is we are supposed to find out what the surprise is so could not be for months, Unless there's something I've missed?

HHH816

Ciqg2_rVEAQCIl_.jpg

another 3 month, hope they announce something on E3 cause they announce DOA5 vanilla on E3

UpSideDownGRUNT

when was the last time Team Ninja announced anything at E3? there was a trailer DOA5 vanilla and that's all I can remember.

It makes WAAAY more sense to announce it at their own DOA event, just like they did with DOAX3.

David Gregg

I was just thinking, maybe they're planning on a new psvita release for last round?

giphy.gif

You're funny. TN sh*t on us Vita players a long time ago. Released a new console version of 5 six months after 5+ and completely abandoned all support from the Vita version which screwed the cross play that we had with PS3 fans and turned it into a ghost town.

X3 is on Vita because they designed it to be a waifu simulator and knew they could get more sales out of it. I doubt they'll ever touch the Vita again for the fighting series.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Another DOA5 expansion on a Vita is very unlikely. If it's anything E3 related for Team NINJA, it's either for the big wigs with Square Enix for Dissidia or more look on Ni-Oh again. DOA5LR related? doubt E3 will do that this time. Ni-Oh would reasonably make sense for E3 since it's a brand new game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD