Your hopes for DOA5U Hayate

ScattereDreams

I honestly don't want Hayate to get his 3K SDS back. After a couple of days, 3pp, 3k got pretty annoying for it's damage output and there's nothing more that I hate in a fighting game than powerful brain dead juggles.

TakedaZX

I honestly don't want Hayate to get his 3K SDS back. After a couple of days, 3pp, 3k got pretty annoying for it's damage output and there's nothing more that I hate in a fighting game than powerful brain dead juggles.
Well with only 8p guaranteed it's not as bad since 8p is his weakest launcher aside from threshold break launchers like 3p and 4p. A guaranteed CB is ludacris though, because not only does he get a CB to get damage that pushes over the threshold, but then he gets his highest damage launcher into his highest damage combo (but you know this already).

Even with 3pp, 3k (which is the least guesses other than his ceiling throw to 214p, 3k, launch, which doesn't work at the wall mind you), it's still two guesses overall.

I can deal with it being gone though. 214P just needs help, in my opinion. Instead of KDing in stun, why not just make it launch all the time in stun? That way you don't get screwed over for using 214p when you want the SD stun. It's 32 frames anyway so it's no different than mixing up with Mila's 7K into a guaranteed CB except he'll only get a launch despite his animation being a lot more obvious, and her having the ability to quickly stun or charge for the SD/GB.

Anyway, more importantly, I'm loading up my last list. This list is highly influenced by want of character development rather than lost of moves and items. The only thing I might budge on is numbers for his guard breaks, but other than that, after playing damn near all the cast (excluding Alpha), I think these buffs and return of moves that shouldn't have been taken will bring him back to a higher level and also make him slightly more unique an fun.

http://takedazxdoa.blogspot.com/2013/05/doa-entry-tldr-hayate-changes.html

Tenryuga

H+K confirmed to have turnaround stun. According to DOA5U combo training 3PP is a possible followup. 236T 7K lost close hit status but it still hits. Seems like the route we will be going is the BT combo / mixup route.

Last edited:

TakedaZX

True that. The 236T nerf was inevitable though. It's too strong for a 7 frame throw. Even Kasumi has to drop an input before she gets guaranteed damage. The changes made me completely shorten my list though. Only thing he's lacking is a large integration of his stance in his game including the usage of 66K/66KK in his game beyond being an easy bnb.

I made a list that's much shorter than my others. 4 things particularly wanted. The last one is just visual though.

http://takedazxdoa.blogspot.com/2013/08/hayate-got-buffed.html

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD