Your Rating for DOA6

I see what you are saying, but Rikuto didn't just throw out the same hold or string on purpose - in that match against Helena (who is one of Rikuto's least favorite characters to fight) he threw out everything he had and nearly won the match. Throwing is not always the best option against Helena seeing as how many options she has to avoid them. Yes you can challenge her lows like Rikuto did here, but it's a gamble, and Helena dominates the matchup over Bayman in high level setting.

One thing I would like to see given to heavies is not throw breaking, but more viable strings and moves overall for heavies. I think that I like throw breaking overall in other games such as Soul Calibur - but the throws I do commit to in Soul Calibur I go in with almost 100% confidence that the startup animation of the throw is going to be successful whether it gets broken or not.

If someone is dodging my throws left and right in DOA without the need of a throw break.... why the hell do we need a throw break other than to give heavies an extra benefit? In Soul Calibur it is tougher to avoid throws and the crouching and hop mechanic is slow, sloppy and clunky. That game needs throw breaks because of how utterly slow it is.

Not to mention heavies have WON tournaments in high level settings for DOA6... Bass has been very successful and Hoodless won an event with Raidou so it's not like that type isn't winning.

I do agree in thinking that heavies & grapplers should have superior throw damage to any other characters by far, and I think that Ayane has been getting away with OP throw damage long enough.
He did it like 4 times in a row and the Helena player already knew he was gunna keep finishing it. I was just using this as an example of "educated" holds. I like Rikuto's Bayman and I also enjoy his Asta plays in SC

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD