Your Rating for DOA6

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
DOA3 and 4 had stagger escape. Had nothing to do with VF characters being the reason for it since it was an actual DOA thing.

@Ivan You should probably link him that ^. SE was in previous DOAs before 5.

In terms of SE itself, honestly couldn't give a shit on what happens to the mechanic lol, I took advantage of it like everyone else. If it's in, it's in. If it's gone, then it's gone. However SE was also the least of game problems when it came to DOA5. People won matches and even tournament match setting without even doing it so eh, lol. Meter definitely isn't the way though for sure.

Anyways, if people like DOA6 then by all means continue to play it. I just had to chuckle every time I see "evolve" tossed around so loosely lolol. Realistically, all they had to do was re-innovate the wheel on the general portions or improve on things that plagued DOA for years.

Last edited:

human013

I,never said meter added depth to the game xD but I'm done with argument, there's people who are fine with DOA6 and there's people who arw content with DOA5LR despite it being old and wishing to play that game. It's no point arguing over differences in opinions since no one is necessarily 100% correct
The question was rather simple and you avoided it, which is not surprising.
  1. If he used his meter to win the previous round, why should he be punished for not having it the next round? That would be considered him not managing his meter correctly according to your logic.
This is a pretty clear cut question with an obvious correct answer. I'll just settle on this being differences in opinion then.

DOA6 wasn't even dumbed down that much. Most if it was more of TN being bad at game design.
By removing stagger escape they only lowered the skill gap and fucked up the stun game at the same time, people who did not want to take the time to learn how to se max or were unable to se max ofc those people would think SE is unfair or clunky
I can SE and I still hate it. It's not unfair or clunky but just a dumb mechanic to have. Oh I got stunned? Time to hold guard and make circles as fast as I can. Mashing buttons does not require skill.

The stungame is more reasonable? nope in doa5 you are forced to learn your SE max combo/setup,launchers level/stun threshold
in doa6 Hitomi can do 6K,3K,9k this setup would never work in doa5 on SE max.
DOA6 is a new game. Moves and mechanics in new games have different properties so some things that work in previous games will not work in the new game. Just like in every other fighting game. That alone does not make one worse than the other.

Stun game/stagger escape,judging your own knowledge about your own main,im sorry but i will no go into depth explanation
CBs
PB/PL
These are all just mechanics unique to one entry so it's fine if they are not carried over to the sequel. DOA5 was my first DOA game and even I could tell that CBs and the PB/PL were gimmicks unique to DOA5 when I first played it.

side steps
ground game
TN just dropped the ball hard on this and everything else about DOA6.

The issue with DOA6 is not that is is not DOA5 V2. No one wants the exact same mechanics for a sequel. The issue is that DOA6 just has bad mechanics all around. The only thing DOA6 did right remove SE.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The question was rather simple and you avoided it, which is not surprising.
  1. If he used his meter to win the previous round, why should he be punished for not having it the next round? That would be considered him not managing his meter correctly according to your logic.
This is a pretty clear cut question with an obvious correct answer. I'll just settle on this being differences in opinion then.

DOA6 wasn't even dumbed down that much. Most if it was more of TN being bad at game design.

I can SE and I still hate it. It's not unfair or clunky but just a dumb mechanic to have. Oh I got stunned? Time to hold guard and make circles as fast as I can. Mashing buttons does not require skill.

DOA6 is a new game. Moves and mechanics in new games have different properties so some things that work in previous games will not work in the new game. Just like in every other fighting game. That alone does not make one worse than the other.

These are all just mechanics unique to one entry so it's fine if they are not carried over to the sequel. DOA5 was my first DOA game and even I could tell that CBs and the PB/PL were gimmicks unique to DOA5 when I first played it.

TN just dropped the ball hard on this and everything else about DOA6.

The issue with DOA6 is not that is is not DOA5 V2. No one wants the exact same mechanics for a sequel. The issue is that DOA6 just has bad mechanics all around. The only thing DOA6 did right remove SE.
What question did I avoid? Please tell me so I can answer and be done with this xD

Ivan

I,never said top players COULDN'T SE. I'm saying it wasn't in DOA before 5 and it was only added because Sega likely advised them to include ot along with the VF guests but even then it's not really a DOA mechanic imo, it to me adds more clunkiness when in stun you already have to guess where you're opponent is gonna attack from or if they'll throw you. Having to wag a stick or circle it just seems clunky imo with all that involved. And I know that already since I use Kasumi and know her frames xD and good for you I suppose? XD

You dont,maybe for doa6 but you certainly dont know your frames data for LR
"i cant SE and pay attention to the stun game the same time so SE must be a clunky mechanic" git gud i guess
"good for you i suppose?" Im a dedicated tourney player, i know my stuff

And removing a mechanic that wasn't in DOA until the 5th game isnt imo lowering the skill gap.

Your knowledge about past doa games is laughable, all past doa games have SE its not a new mechanic made only for doa5
Im sorry but you lack the knowledge/your not at level to talk about skill gap in doa

And you didnt point out anything, we both watched the same video but you are basically blaming the stage for his loss while I'm looking at the mistakes he made that lead to him losing, and like I said before, had he won the match and used the same method to win if the situation were reversed, he would have never made a video and we wouldn't be here

I did,your break down of the video was inaccurate,yes im looking at a stupid stage/game design and this video is a perfect exemple

Joke over,im done wasting my time with you
Either you do proper research/know your stuff if you want people to take you seriously or you dont try to debate them and waste their time

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You dont,maybe for doa6 but you certainly dont know your frames data for LR
"i cant SE and pay attention to the stun game the same time so SE must be a clunky mechanic" git gud i guess
"good for you i suppose?" Im a dedicated tourney player, i know my stuff

Your knowledge about past doa games is laughable, all past doa games have SE its not a new mechanic made only for doa5
Im sorry but you lack the knowledge/your not at level to talk about skill gap in doa

I did,your break down of the video was inaccurate,yes im looking at a stupid stage/game design and this video is a perfect exemple

Joke over,im done wasting my time with you
Either you do proper research/know your stuff if you want people to take you seriously or you dont try to debate them and waste their time
Idc if you're a tourney player, that doesn't give you an excuse to act like an ass towards me for a differing opinion. And yeah I'm done talking to you as well since now you're being just disrespectful and I'm not gonna argue with people who's 30 and up getting so up in arms because I don't agree with them. If anything you've wasted my time but that's ending now xD

Also before you pull up random articles trying to "school" me, you should do research before hand too so you don't look silly. That article only says stagger escape because it was something added in DOA5 and doa3(I say doa3 since I only saw one video showing it) , no game to my knowledge had it before 3 and 5, I looked it up but all that pops up is doa5 and one video from 3, so it was likely somethinf that wasn't fully known or used. So that's something you were wrong about. So before you try to check people, make sure you're checked so it doesnt blow up in your face :)

Last edited:

Ivan

Idc if you're a tourney player, that doesn't give you an excuse to act like an ass towards me for a differing opinion. And yeah I'm done talking to you as well since now you're being just disrespectful and I'm not gonna argue with people who's 30 and up getting so up in arms because I don't agree with them. If anything you've wasted my time but that's ending now xD

Also before you pull up random articles trying to "school" me, you should do research before hand too so you don't look silly. That article only says stagger escape because it was something added in DOA5 and doa3(I say doa3 since I only saw one video showing it) , no game to my knowledge had it before 3 and 5, I looked it up but all that pops up is doa5 and one video from 3, so it was likely somethinf that wasn't fully known or used. So that's something you were wrong about. So before you try to check people, make sure you're checked so it doesnt blow up in your face :)

blow up in my face,yeah sure when you will prove me wrong :)

let me quote you

I'm saying it wasn't in DOA before 5 and it was only added because Sega likely advised them to include ot along with the VF guests but even then it's not really a DOA mechanic imo
hey look you contradict yourself :(

I did,unlike you i do proper research and i check them by myself by replaying those games,asking the players who know their stuff and did play or still play those past doa games.idk maybe you should try to do the same before trying to debate someone lol

So by your logic no video of SE in past doa games = no SE in past doa games,great logic lol

To your knowledge lol if your knowledge about the past doa games is as accurate as your knowledge of Kasumi frames data i guess you can just
keep digging yourself even deeper :thumbs up:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
blow up in my face,yeah sure when you will prove me wrong :)

let me quote you

hey look you contradict yourself :(

I did,unlike you i do proper research and i check them by myself by replaying those games,asking the players who know their stuff and did play or still play those past doa games.idk maybe you should try to do the same before trying to debate someone lol

So by your logic no video of SE in past doa games = no SE in past doa games,great logic lol

To your knowledge lol if your knowledge about the past doa games is as accurate as your knowledge of Kasumi frames data i guess you can just
keep digging yourself even deeper :thumbs up:
Why are you still talking to me? I thought you were "done wasting time" xD Go on somewhere, I've nothing else to say to you. And no I didn't contradict myself, I did my research and realized that SE was in a previous game(doa3) and I made sure to update that in my reply to you, and I can't say there is or isnt if there's no visual/video evidence like how you can't. And my knowledge of Kasumi's current frame data is fine thank you, just because I'm going off of her frame data in a recent game while you're going of LR's dated and old frame data doesn't suddenly mean I don't know my stuff.

And I'm done arguing, this isn't the thread for that, if you want to keep acting that way and like a know it all child over a differing opinion that's on you. That would suit you well based on how you're replying to me so do what suits you :)

U_C_A_F

DOA6 isn't even worth arguing over. Why even exert an inkling of energy over this miserable flop of a game. TN/KT bailed out supporting this piece of trash with the quickness and moved the fuck on..so should everyone else.

As for my rating

DOA6 sux regurgitated ass/10

Last edited:

human013

Discussing the issues in DOA6 can come in handy when TN starts acting like Arc System Works and takes community feedback in real time like in GGST because obviously TN doesn't know what to do with DOA and meter.

But, you guys are arguing over things that don't even matter lmao. Who argues over frame data changing in a sequel? That happens in literally every fighting game. And using the "tourney player" card to dismiss opinions has got to be the dumbest thing ever. Kasumilover could throw your logic back at you too. You don't like certain elements in DOA6? That is because you don't know how to use it. Why don't you just get good? See how dumb this logic is?

And get off your high horse my guy. If developers only ever listened to tournament players, fighting game would never change. You know your stuff about one game and want every game to be like it. Many people don't like SE and the stun game for different reasons. You being a tournament player does not make your opinion have more weight and the tournament player card is a weak thing to use to support your position.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Discussing the issues in DOA6 can come in handy when TN starts acting like Arc System Works and takes community feedback in real time like in GGST because obviously TN doesn't know what to do with DOA and meter.

But, you guys are arguing over things that don't even matter lmao. Who argues over frame data changing in a sequel? That happens in literally every fighting game. And using the "tourney player" card to dismiss opinions has got to be the dumbest thing ever. Kasumilover could throw your logic back at you too. You don't like certain elements in DOA6? That is because you don't know how to use it. Why don't you just get good? See how dumb this logic is?

And get off your high horse my guy. If developers only ever listened to tournament players, fighting game would never change. You know your stuff about one game and want every game to be like it. Many people don't like SE and the stun game for different reasons. You being a tournament player does not make your opinion have more weight and the tournament player card is a weak thing to use to support your position.
Exactly, thank you. At the end of the day im not trying to argue, and if you don't like doa6 I can respect your opinion, I'm not saying doa6 is necessarily better than 5 nor saying 5 is better than 6, both are two different games with different properties, which you either love or hate. For me, I was just saying that in the video, he lost because of an error he made, he tried to punish a whiff but he was CH, whiff punishes aren't suddenly a valid thing to win everytime, especially since he was CH. Could the stage be toned down? Yes, probably, because there are combos(Knowing how to use Kasumi myself) that various characters have that can lead to KOs very quickly if the opponent doesn't hold or have the meter. But had he made different choices, the match could have went different is what I'm saying.

My issue with Ivan is that he's talking like my opinion is instantly wrong and like I'm stupid because I'm not a tourney player like him, and he's treating me as if I don't know anything about DOA or Kasumi when that's not the case. And I'm not saying git gud, that's actually what Ivan tried to say to me as if I don't know how to SE. I actually made a thread years ago that showed an easier method to use it, and I'm not dumb or stupid just because I don't know the exact SE advantage, I haven't played DOA5LR in so long and I've basically moved on to 6 and learned that game's mechanics, I'm not suddenly beneath you because I don't use LR's dated and older mechanics and set ups anymore, I moved on and 6's frame data and stuff is on my mind, like how 5LR stuff is on his. I could respect his opinion if he didn't have that arrogant attitude towards me, as if I'm a dumb child and like I don't know what I'm talking about.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
lol.png

Alright shows over, i'm off this thread lol.

Ivan

doa6 is in this state because TN did not ask the tourney players or even would litsen to their complaints most of us are not fine with the current direction

yeah i did dimiss his opinions not because he is a casual player but because of his false facts about SE in the past doa,he did not check his researchs and him trying to debate me with/pushing his false facts pissed me off,

I know how to use doa6 mechanics and how the game would turn only with the beta,that why i dont even want to play doa6,the french community gifted me a version of doa6 because they did not want to lose a good player, git gud yeah sure you can say this to the majority of players who were in the WT because they dont like doa6 mechanics too

And making your own tourney scene hate the sequel is no better,the WT was a disaster for TN

Im not sorry,i will play my arrogant tourney card and use my accurate knowledge every time if someone try to push false facts and they dont have any idea what they are talking about and i dont care if this make me look bad or if i hurt someone feeling

Last edited:

human013

Exactly, thank you. At the end of the day im not trying to argue, and if you don't like doa6 I can respect your opinion, I'm not saying doa6 is necessarily better than 5 nor saying 5 is better than 6, both are two different games with different properties, which you either love or hate. For me, I was just saying that in the video, he lost because of an error he made, he tried to punish a whiff but he was CH, whiff punishes aren't suddenly a valid thing to win everytime, especially since he was CH. Could the stage be toned down? Yes, probably, because there are combos(Knowing how to use Kasumi myself) that various characters have that can lead to KOs very quickly if the opponent doesn't hold or have the meter. But had he made different choices, the match could have went different is what I'm saying.

My issue with Ivan is that he's talking like my opinion is instantly wrong and like I'm stupid because I'm not a tourney player like him, and he's treating me as if I don't know anything about DOA or Kasumi when that's not the case. And I'm not saying git gud, that's actually what Ivan tried to say to me as if I don't know how to SE. I actually made a thread years ago that showed an easier method to use it, and I'm not dumb or stupid just because I don't know the exact SE advantage, I haven't played DOA5LR in so long and I've basically moved on to 6 and learned that game's mechanics, I'm not suddenly beneath you because I don't use LR's dated and older mechanics and set ups anymore, I moved on and 6's frame data and stuff is on my mind, like how 5LR stuff is on his. I could respect his opinion if he didn't have that arrogant attitude towards me, as if I'm a dumb child and like I don't know what I'm talking about.
I don't know who he is and didn't even know he was a tourney player but seeing him throw the tourney card around to justify his position was funny to see. Does, "I am the king" come to mind? lol. Sure, the opinions of tournament players are valuable but his points were weak. I don't get what was so hard to understand about something feeling clunky. Tekken feels clunky AF to me no matter how many people tell me otherwise, and hitstops in anime don't feel clunky or off to me at all. People are just different.

doa6 is in this state because TN did not ask the tourney players or even would litsen to their complaints most of us are not fine with the current direction
Everyone has been saying that since DOA6 was revealed. No one is refuting that.
yeah i did dimiss his opinions not because he is a casual player but because of his false facts about SE in the past doa,he did not check his researchs and him trying to debate me with/pushing his false facts pissed me off,
Went from a mechanic feeling clunky to, and I'll quote you here.

I know how to use doa6 mechanics and how the game would turn only with the beta,that why i dont even want to play doa6,the french community gifted me a version of doa6 because they did not want to lose a good player, git gud yeah sure you can say this to the majority of players who were in the WT because they dont like doa6 mechanics too
Not my fault your logic leads to that.
And making your own tourney scene hate the sequel is no better,the WT was a disaster for TN

Im not sorry,i will play my arrogant tourney card and use my accurate knowledge every time if someone try to push false facts and they dont have any idea what they are talking and i dont care if this make me look bad or if i hurt someone feeling
I wouldn't mind you throwing that card out if your points made sense.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't know who he is and didn't even know he was a tourney player but seeing him throw the tourney card around to justify his position was funny to see. Does, "I am the king" come to mind? lol. Sure, the opinions of tournament players are valuable but his points were weak. I don't get what was so hard to understand about something feeling clunky. Tekken feels clunky AF to me no matter how many people tell me otherwise, and hitstops in anime don't feel clunky or off to me at all. People are just different.

Everyone has been saying that since DOA6 was revealed. No one is refuting that.

Went from a mechanic feeling clunky to, and I'll quote you here.

Not my fault your logic leads to that.

I wouldn't mind you throwing that card out if your points made sense.
Yeah, while changing some mechanics like SE do seem kinda weird, sometimes it's better to simplify a game, if anything making a game more simple to play should mean it's easier for a more experienced player to win, and it's a common tactic to bring in other players too although they should make changes that are more logical, although tourney players shouldn't always have a strong role in that since with DOA, that would mean some unfair advantage for buffing and nerfing characters compared to Tekken or SF which have a larger, more diverse competitive scene . I just feel people should wait for the devs to do something, them discontinuing support of the vanilla version doesn't mean they'll just abandon ship. For all we know, they're working on a massive overhaul and just need time. They know announcing a new iteration isn't going to just win some people over, they'll need major changes to get back in the good graces again and I feel it'll take more than costumes to do so, they probably know that too xD

But them fixing doa6 doesn't mean they'll suddenly bring SE and remove meter, they'll likely just make the mechanics already in less obnoxious like SC did in SC6. The question is how they'll do it, like I think BBs shouldn't be + or even safe imo since cancelling break blows and break blows raw are already pretty powerful, and BHs are pretty cheap as a cop out when the player who's dominating has been making good decisions and they shouldn't be -5 or so because the person didn't know what to do so they used a free hold, they could also improve side step attacks since its kinda shallow compared to DOA5LR. The ground game is what it is, I feel it's ok but maybe it's since I use Kasumi and her ground game in doa6 is naturally good, all she has to do is launch, and do 1K or PP2K from a bound or raw launch and then 2P or 1P/whatever attack is close enough to tech and she's at an advantage, but it probably varies from other characters. That's where I think they should do full cast move property buffs like they did with tracking 1Ps, stuff like that along with the Honoka grapple throw speed change can help make differences to encourage people to use other characters

human013

Yeah, while changing some mechanics like SE do seem kinda weird, sometimes it's better to simplify a game, if anything making a game more simple to play should mean it's easier for a more experienced player to win, and it's a common tactic to bring in other players too although they should make changes that are more logical, although tourney players shouldn't always have a strong role in that since with DOA, that would mean some unfair advantage for buffing and nerfing characters compared to Tekken or SF which have a larger, more diverse competitive scene . I just feel people should wait for the devs to do something, them discontinuing support of the vanilla version doesn't mean they'll just abandon ship. For all we know, they're working on a massive overhaul and just need time. They know announcing a new iteration isn't going to just win some people over, they'll need major changes to get back in the good graces again and I feel it'll take more than costumes to do so, they probably know that too xD

But them fixing doa6 doesn't mean they'll suddenly bring SE and remove meter, they'll likely just make the mechanics already in less obnoxious like SC did in SC6. The question is how they'll do it, like I think BBs shouldn't be + or even safe imo since cancelling break blows and break blows raw are already pretty powerful, and BHs are pretty cheap as a cop out when the player who's dominating has been making good decisions and they shouldn't be -5 or so because the person didn't know what to do so they used a free hold, they could also improve side step attacks since its kinda shallow compared to DOA5LR. The ground game is what it is, I feel it's ok but maybe it's since I use Kasumi and her ground game in doa6 is naturally good, all she has to do is launch, and do 1K or PP2K from a bound or raw launch and then 2P or 1P/whatever attack is close enough to tech and she's at an advantage, but it probably varies from other characters. That's where I think they should do full cast move property buffs like they did with tracking 1Ps, stuff like that along with the Honoka grapple throw speed change can help make differences to encourage people to use other characters
It's not even about simplifying the game. How do you even simplify DOA when its not that difficult to understand to begin with? lol. It's more about changing how the game is played. Less focus on stationary mechanics like SE, stunning, and holding and more focus on everything else, especially movement. All I want is a solid DOA game where people space and poke most of the time. Back and forth blockstrings that takes advantage of DOA's string delay and mixups. Holds barely being thrown out because they're stricter with longer recovery, and low and high holds no longer catching all low and high attacks. There will be a high punch hold, high kick hold, low punch hold, and low kick hold.

They don't need to and should not bring back SE. The only reason meter needs to go is because TN clearly does not know how to use it. It's like taking the car away from a kid who clearly does not know how to drive. If meter is going to stay it should not, lock moves behind it like in SC5 and SC6, be used to activate a powered up state, and should not tie into movement options in any way. The only thing it should be used for is the super attack. BHs are unnecessary and should be removed completely. They could tie holds to the meter somehow so holds aren't thrown out so much. Maybe make it like SC6's guard or GI system. As for specifics in everything else, I don't know and hope I don't ever know before TN reveals them. I need the game to impress me. If I can guess them then I wouldn't be impressed. It needs to feel new.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It's not even about simplifying the game. How do you even simplify DOA when its not that difficult to understand to begin with? lol. It's more about changing how the game is played. Less focus on stationary mechanics like SE, stunning, and holding and more focus on everything else, especially movement. All I want is a solid DOA game where people space and poke most of the time. Back and forth blockstrings that takes advantage of DOA's string delay and mixups. Holds barely being thrown out because they're stricter with longer recovery, and low and high holds no longer catching all low and high attacks. There will be a high punch hold, high kick hold, low punch hold, and low kick hold.

They don't need to and should not bring back SE. The only reason meter needs to go is because TN clearly does not know how to use it. It's like taking the car away from a kid who clearly does not know how to drive. If meter is going to stay it should not, lock moves behind it like in SC5 and SC6, be used to activate a powered up state, and should not tie into movement options in any way. The only thing it should be used for is the super attack. BHs are unnecessary and should be removed completely. They could tie holds to the meter somehow so holds aren't thrown out so much. Maybe make it like SC6's guard or GI system. As for specifics in everything else, I don't know and hope I don't ever know before TN reveals them. I need the game to impress me. If I can guess them then I wouldn't be impressed. It needs to feel new.
I don't think doa is a hard game but the hold system is overwhelming for new players since to them it's like a guessing game, I think that's why they made break holds but they could have done away with making it advantageous for a simple thing that's nonskill. I honestly don't know what TN will do but they'll have to do something major so it's not such a hindrance, you shouldn't be seeinf back to back break holds imo

human013

I don't think doa is a hard game but the hold system is overwhelming for new players since to them it's like a guessing game, I think that's why they made break holds but they could have done away with making it advantageous for a simple thing that's nonskill. I honestly don't know what TN will do but they'll have to do something major so it's not such a hindrance, you shouldn't be seeinf back to back break holds imo
DOA is not hard, I have never seen anyone say the hold system is complicated, and holding is more guessing than anything. Unless DOA players are just able to predict moves that reliably, which is just ridiculous in my mind. You're telling me the holds you guys perform are all thought out and calculated? If you're JC Akira I would believe you and only you but I don't think DOA players are so good at predicting moves that it no longer becomes guessing.

TN just needs to make the core gameplay good and everyone who plays DOA already have roughly the same ideas. There's just some differences like I didn't know DOA people really considered SE/ button mashing to be some praiseworthy skill to have. Like of all things this is the mechanic that gives DOA depth and require skill to play? Is this the reason why the FGC calls DOA a button masher and I just never connected the dots all this time? lol.
I love this match and it's my favorite of all time, but compare the how long they are in stun vs how long they aren't. This is Stun: the Game. I just don't see how this type of gameplay is considered deep and skillful. DOA players probably use the pad/ stick more than any other players but still not travel even half the distance other players cover.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD