Your "true" ranking/skill level

Zeo

As we all know DOA has had the ranking system for a long time, F, E, D, C, B, A, S and above with the +es and -es thrown in there. And it's been said time and again that rank is no real gauge of a player's skill which made me curious about something.

What do you think your "real" rank is based on your skill level playing DOA? It doesn't have to be DOA5 per se, it can be DOA as a whole, but 5 is probably what most people would gauge their skill level from at this point.

As far as DOA5 goes I consider myself an A. But if we were talking DOA as a whole I might bump it down to B+, what about you?

shunwong

I started playing fighting games in January 2012 after a more than 15 years hiatus (hadn't played since around 95, which was before university, work, etc. took over). At most games I am not even past beginner level. At VF5FS and DOA5 I think I'm at least lower intermediate. I hope to continue improving little by little. I'm a Guardian on VF5FS and I'm D on DOA5 right now.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I would be that broken hidden character that you heard about when you was a kid so you would go to the super market and steal a game magazine just to unlock me.

On a serious note you might want to make your own rank if you want a better answer. What rank is considered what? Because believe me if you play DOA online most high ranks play worse than some of the low ranks. So how do each rank supposed to play? Actually maybe I should answer my own question for us all.

This how I expect from a rank(if it was accurate):

S- Super Saiyan Spider Man 2099 EX Plus Alpha

A- Is pretty much Vegeta when he first turned into a super saiyin. He was too dang late. Goku was like what? Super saiyan 22 by then? So pretty much way ahead of humanity, but still far from that S son.

B-You expect a B player to know all the basics, and some advance stuff. Still yet to master anything.

C- You expect to at least know the basic and working on your character/game advance mechanics.

D-You finally learned how to block and stop button mashing. You still need to learn to stop those random holds!

E- You just got lucky because those dumb Fs didn't know how to hold your button mashing. That's what happens when you get a new fighting game and jump online without going to training mode!

F- You may never play a fighting game before(or this may just be your first doa). You jump online without even going into training mode and actually learning your character, and basic of the game. You don't know how to probably hold, block, or any of the advance stuff(SE, SS, Punish, juggle...etc), but there may be hope. Maybe you just getting started.

So if this is the case in past DOA game I say S, but in DOA5 I'll say A because lag is the most over powered character in the game and I'm tired of most of these players picking em. Making it hard for me to get better at the game. But I will be there though!

I have to call bull. XD

TakedaZX

C- roughly. I can hold certain moves in strings consistently but the problem is... consistently. I see a set of moves, I react off of muscle memory, so if the move that im gunna hold gets free cancelled, i'm probably eating a grab at that point. I know some advance combos too, and how to crush well and all that. I also understand frame advantage though advantage matters a bit less in this game, even though it still does play a large part.

X_Fact0r

Right now a C from still trying to figure out my two characters. Still not use to all the new mechanics coming from mostly a DOA2U background but should level up fairly quickly.

Brute

Standard Donor
B. Maybe C because I'm so dedicated to Ryu and he's... Lacking in ways. But with Ayane Id say solid B. At least online with lag n all.

I need more people to play against offline...

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I'm much in the C+ region. I know the basics, but there are things I need to master.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD