"You're not even worthy of being my toy!" The Christie Video Thread

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Well it seems like you were hesitant to tick throw when they were petrified and just held the block button. Free damage is free damage. Also with your movement skills in DOA you should be landing more of those 214P's in respond to those pesky WU kicks. I try to land 5 of those each match but I'm sure you could land more of them.

Haha, I wanted to see how many free cancels I could get away with, but yeah, I picked up the tick-throwing later in the session. Walled 66T TOO GOOD <3! I'm also trying to implement 4T more, because that throw is also great for tick-throwing. The funny thing is that my movement skills suck with Christie but they're amazing with Ayane! Go figure :oops:. And yes, 214P is so good when it hits! Trying to find near-guaranteed setups with it.

Awesmic said:
I'm not claiming to be an expert, so take my advice with a grain of salt. But there's some things about the second and third match I felt you should know about.

Around the 2:00 - 2:05 mark you could've opened the opponent up with 66t. But it looks like you caught on to that later. Also, you could've got away with using h+k after the wall throw (or even better, crouching 3p launcher on counter hit), seeing as the opponent was trying to sidestep afterward, thus opening up the defense or getting a free launch. Alternatively to 214p, 8k is another way to deal with wakeup kicks, provided you know the timing to receive damage priority.

On an unrelated note, JAK 6p now wall splats when close to the wall. Unlike JAK 6p+k, this move comes out quick enough to land on heavyweight classes, but the only downside is that you can't wall splat at a distance like the former.
C'mon Awesmic, we know you haven't been a beginner for about, like, a decade now ;)! Interesting tip with H+K, though isn't FC 3P unsafe? It is a pretty decent tracking launcher though!

Yeah 6PPP and JAK~6P do wall-splat now on top of 6PPPP or JAK~6PP. JAK~6P+K does more damage if I'm not mistaken, but I'll see how I can implement JAK~6P.

Thanks for the feedback guys! :)

Last edited:

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
A little Christie action at the last TorontoTopTiers tournament:

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/v/3904926

For Yurlungur's Christie, go to: 1:27:23
For my Christie, go to: 1:36:29

A look at two contrasting styles.
Excellent performance from the both of you with Christie but tell @Yurlungur to practice those damn PL combos please. He killed himself a few times due to dropping those. Also your commentary wasn't bad at all.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Thanks buddy, I try! :) So satisfying to beat GenFu lol.
Don't think so small; a good fight is about more than just the character being used.

You should seek satisfaction in fighting and adapting quickly to the player. Underestimate no one, everyone is your toughest opponent.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Don't think so small; a good fight is about more than just the character being used.

You should seek satisfaction in fighting and adapting quickly to the player. Underestimate no one, everyone is your toughest opponent.

But... GenFu lol. :cool:

But yeah, I do adapt my gameplay to the opponent just as much as the character.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Wow, a very convincing Christie!
Thanks! Yurlungur had improved quite a bit with her from when I first started playing him thanks to Awesmic's coaching. My style came from a bunch of sources (such as my neutral game being derived a bit from how I play Jacky in VF5:FS), and from observing Awesmic a little bit. I'm trying to develop her into a competent sub-character.

Thanks! Yurlungur had improved quite a bit with her from when I first started playing him thanks to Awesmic's coaching. My style came from a bunch of sources (such as my neutral game being derived a bit from how I play Jacky in VF5:FS), and from observing Awesmic a little bit. I'm trying to develop her into a competent sub-character.

Right on! Great commenting too! It seemed like every move that every character did, you were, "oh, that's a 66P that is 16 frames and +4 on block," which was dang impressive.

I wish I knew all the Christie combos and moves you did. From self-analysis I know one (just one) of my biggest flaws is not coming anywhere close to maximizing my damage when I do get a hit in. That 45% you did was sick. What's the move that's like a double low sweep kick? It sort of looks like a Jak~K at first but then her leg circles around again like a breakdancer. That's wicked. All around great work!

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Right on! Great commenting too! It seemed like every move that every character did, you were, "oh, that's a 66P that is 16 frames and +4 on block," which was dang impressive.

I wish I knew all the Christie combos and moves you did. From self-analysis I know one (just one) of my biggest flaws is not coming anywhere close to maximizing my damage when I do get a hit in. That 45% you did was sick. What's the move that's like a double low sweep kick? It sort of looks like a Jak~K at first but then her leg circles around again like a breakdancer. That's wicked. All around great work!
Haha, thanks, it was pretty much just from experience and analyzing MU's that I figured out the attributes of moves. I could give you a rundown of what I used in a PM if you like. GenFu is essentially a "heavier" middleweight. Christie's "double low sweep" is JAK~2K1K. It actually isn't that good on its own due to how punishable it is. Use JAK~2K instead, then set them up for JAK~2K6K for a nice stun.

Haha, thanks, it was pretty much just from experience and analyzing MU's that I figured out the attributes of moves. I could give you a rundown of what I used in a PM if you like. GenFu is essentially a "heavier" middleweight. Christie's "double low sweep" is JAK~2K1K. It actually isn't that good on its own due to how punishable it is. Use JAK~2K instead, then set them up for JAK~2K6K for a nice stun.

I'll definitely take that PM! Learning MU's better is another aspect I need to keep improving on. I need to incorporate more lows and more mixups with lows. A lot of my opponents get trained quick to mostly either be holding high (or mid) or striking back when I try throws. Although as I've gotten slightly better and moved up ranks a little, I'm running into more people that know their characters better and more that at least know the basics of what to expect from a Christie MU.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
One thing I saw you do with Christie that he kept punishing you for is strings. People who do their strings are the grapples life blood. Typically speaking they can punish you after the second move in a string. Try free-cancelling your P(-3 IIRC) and mixing a 6k>jak(-4,)>back jak to see how he reacts to it. Another thing he did that got you killed was he was holding you out of stun when you could have did a 3P+K mixup. The beauty of that move is not only the fun mixups that it grants you but it also works as a "ghetto" string delay of sorts. People usually start holding as soon as she starts to do it and it feeds her damage output.

I will say this he was on point when fighting you. That was a good runback on your part as well with Momiji.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Thanks for the tips dude! Gunna look over Christie's MU's with Super Heavies in the future. The difficulty I was having was that I couldn't seem to get any good damage off of him, and he started killing me in the "damage" race. I tried to work 4T a bit, but its damage is still a bit on the light side. IMHO, speed means nothing if I don't get the damage to back it up. That's why Bass is good in this game as opposed to "trash". Lol, I'm a big advocate of "Punch-Grab", but Leon's 33P can quickly become a huge deterrent to tick throwing. Shit is really scary on hi-counter!

Sadly I put in a lot more time into Christie than Momiji, but I quite frankly could barely touch him after a while so I needed Momiji to severely change the pace of the match. I also discovered that Leon struggles at range, where Momiji excels.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD