"まだまだ^^" The Kokoro Video Thread

Reikou

I don't think these have been posted yet, but these are videos of a Kokoro player who made second place during a tournament held by TK in 2012. (Was won by Sarah)

GeomighT

this thread has withered away , well here's to keeping it alive ill toss a couple friendly casual uploads here and there i been meaning to upload more to make room to avoid overlapping saves .
Kokoro pt 1.

Kokomi

Uh.. I know most of you have dropped Kokoro in DOA5U, but to those who still have experience with her in the 5U installment. Can someone please critique my mix up as Kokoro? Anything helpful basically, I would love it if someone could point the mistakes I made, especially the ones where I missed out a perfect chance to capitalize for a good juggle.

NightAntilli

I don't have DOA5U yet, so, my comments will be based on what I know of Kokoro in DOA5. Maybe what I provide is useful, and maybe it's outdated. There are new stuns in DOA5U where I don't know how to capitalize on them so.. Yeah. Use my perspective however you wish.

1st video:
0:12 you reached threshold. Should've used a launcher. 9K, 4P+K, 7K, 33P+K, or quite a few others, for a juggle
0:20 you could've followed up with another 9P instead of doing 4P+K, then 6PPP (close to wall) or 4PPPP, P2KP and so on
0:43 the opponent abused this move a LOT throughout the whole match. You should be able to block the last hit by ducking. There's no reason you should let that move hit you over and over again.
0:57 9P, H, 6PPP, not P+K
1:00 very bad time to use 33PP. It connected because the opponent didn't make use of his stance, but, against a skilled player you would've been hit in the face. 33P is for long to mid range
1:01 9P, H, 6PPP
1:15 Don't EVER start a match with 1P if you're standing so close to your opponent. The move is slow and useless in that situation. Best round starters are P(K), 6P, 2P. Sometimes even 7P. But not 1P
1:33 Almost every time you get up, you do 6P6P. Any player who notices that will wait for you to use it and simply hold it. Quit the habit and try mixing it up

2nd video
0:20-0:24 Your opponent is holding like crazy. Stop attacking, and throw with 214T chain combo for high damage. Same thing multiple times in this vide.
1:38 After being at disadvantage, you either fuzzy guard, or block. Don't keep attacking, or you'll get launched.
1:42 when you stand up, you don't have to immediately rush back in. You do this multiple times, getting hit in the face. stand up, take your time.
2:24 juggle time.. Maybe even 9P 66P+K P+K P+K would work. If not, 9P P2KP, or 4PPPP and so on. It looked like you didn't know that move was gonna launch, due to the time it took for you to react. You should know at all times which moves have the potential to launch
2:52 better to grab

Maybe I'll do the other ones later.

Kokomi

I don't have DOA5U yet, so, my comments will be based on what I know of Kokoro in DOA5. Maybe what I provide is useful, and maybe it's outdated. There are new stuns in DOA5U where I don't know how to capitalize on them so.. Yeah. Use my perspective however you wish.

1st video:
0:12 you reached threshold. Should've used a launcher. 9K, 4P+K, 7K, 33P+K, or quite a few others, for a juggle
0:20 you could've followed up with another 9P instead of doing 4P+K, then 6PPP (close to wall) or 4PPPP, P2KP and so on
0:43 the opponent abused this move a LOT throughout the whole match. You should be able to block the last hit by ducking. There's no reason you should let that move hit you over and over again.
0:57 9P, H, 6PPP, not P+K
1:00 very bad time to use 33PP. It connected because the opponent didn't make use of his stance, but, against a skilled player you would've been hit in the face. 33P is for long to mid range
1:01 9P, H, 6PPP
1:15 Don't EVER start a match with 1P if you're standing so close to your opponent. The move is slow and useless in that situation. Best round starters are P(K), 6P, 2P. Sometimes even 7P. But not 1P
1:33 Almost every time you get up, you do 6P6P. Any player who notices that will wait for you to use it and simply hold it. Quit the habit and try mixing it up

2nd video
0:20-0:24 Your opponent is holding like crazy. Stop attacking, and throw with 214T chain combo for high damage. Same thing multiple times in this vide.
1:38 After being at disadvantage, you either fuzzy guard, or block. Don't keep attacking, or you'll get launched.
1:42 when you stand up, you don't have to immediately rush back in. You do this multiple times, getting hit in the face. stand up, take your time.
2:24 juggle time.. Maybe even 9P 66P+K P+K P+K would work. If not, 9P P2KP, or 4PPPP and so on. It looked like you didn't know that move was gonna launch, due to the time it took for you to react. You should know at all times which moves have the potential to launch
2:52 better to grab

Maybe I'll do the other ones later.

Thanks, many of them were recorded with 1 bar connection, that was why I missed out on so many chances to capitalize good juggles. I was practicing on my mid-to-low moves, another reason you see me use 3K2P frequently. I'm still trying my best to get used to inputting notations during lag. I hate how I always miss 66P+K into Heichu sometimes even after buffering, I'm not sure if I buffered way too early or its the lag. But thanks.

I was going to point out my launcher options. 4P+K is a muscle memory for me. Every match I had, I told myself to use launcher options such as 7K, 33P+K and P+K, but then muscle memory kicks in and I use 4P+K, still trying to kick off that habit. And partly because I'm unsure other launchers will launch them at the same height 4P+K does, like 33P+K or P+K is a bit lower right? Therefore I didn't use those. I am very bad with her BT options too. After 7K, I find myself doing BT 4PKK, but some reason I can't execute her BT P6P, everytime I tried doing so, it ends with a BT PPP.

What's a fuzzy guard by the way?

Yes, I didn't know 6PP will launch, I'm only under the knowledge that moves like 7K, 33P+K, 4P+K, 46P, 3KP(post threshold) lauches. I know some moves launches past threshold, I am unaware moves can launch. So yes, I took time to react. Otherwise I would have reacted with a P2KP.

1:42 from Video 2, not really sure how to react to that, there were a few loss videos I recorded, they had Jann Lee and La Mariposa. I think I rushed in because I was afraid of them 236K-ing me. Jann Lee's unblockable kick, so I thought of denying him the opportunity because he gets free damage. I didn't wanna take the risk of possibly failing in sidestepping him.

Any other good options once getting up? I think 6p6p is muscle memory as well. There are times where I wanted to PK variants or 3K variants or 1K variants, but I notice so many times I get beat out by 9 frame jabbers or people like Jann Lee, advise please.

Still learning to be nimble on 214, 236T/Heichu throw variants. My 214T is horrible, that is why I avoid it. I resorted to Neutral T, 6T, 66T for guaranteed damage. Sorry, this might need time. 236T is used less because I fear not being able to react myself and potentially put myself in risk.

Thanks :D. E-mann told me you coached him on Kokoro. It's so great to have you critique me XD.

phoenix1985gr

I havent watched the videos, but against jahn lee (im assuming he uses dragon kick when you far from him) you just aproach slowly by walking and stop out of 66k range... if he tries dragon kick you just duck and punish i know its hard to do with lag but its better than to just run up to him since a 66k will send you back where you started

And about the 7k follow up... I ve been having trouble in ultimate with p6p too... its better until you figure it out to just use 4p p2kp

riceman789

So far what everyone is saying is pretty much tops it off. Other than that take the opportunity to get 2-3 stuns and go for her throw chain if you can.

I really do like your Kokoro though. :)

o_YUE_o

; u ; THE LOVE... I FEEL IT! do you feel it? DO YOU FEEL IT MR.KRABS?!
Anywho "I'll get to uploading some gameplay (actual matches instead of FUNNEH STUFF) for Kokoro. I'm planning to make a guide for her. I just hope I don't get shot down by FSD for it.
KokoYin.jpg

YinCrescent / KokoYin (The Worst Kokoro)​

Nameless Sama

Hello People ! I am searching the whole day players. I want ot make for my 400 Subcirber a Combo video contains all characters but I am not godd with everyone cause I am focus on 1 Character. As a Kokoro player I want form you if you really want to join thath you can some powerlauncher combos to a near object and some stage combos ! I am really glad for any help. if you have questions please feel free to tell me on my side or write a PN. required a PSN account

Commmanda Panda

Hello People ! I am searching the whole day players. I want ot make for my 400 Subcirber a Combo video contains all characters but I am not godd with everyone cause I am focus on 1 Character. As a Kokoro player I want form you if you really want to join thath you can some powerlauncher combos to a near object and some stage combos ! I am really glad for any help. if you have questions please feel free to tell me on my side or write a PN. required a PSN account
i would help out but I'm on xbox lol

Nameless Sama

You can help me Panda. But it will be to your not cool because you must do it the hard and long way. I only need at least 2 special combos with kokoro ! I give you an example. Kokoro in scramble stage down. Powerblow against the cars. Stage combo in home would be cool too. Do you want to help then ? If you have any question or something else to this topic then please lets discuse it per Inbos Conversation if you see this post.

Bushido

I'm planning to make a guide for her. I just hope I don't get shot down by FSD for it.
Well, don't care what anyone else thinks. It will help anyone who comes across it and help you in the process of making it. The worst people can do is correct some mistakes. Other negative things don't matter. You can use my guide as a template, and there are plenty of people around to help, including me.

Commmanda Panda

Decided to record my matches at WNF b/c I wanted to post something on this thread no matter how well I did. Ended up getting 2nd :p Also I get to see where I make errors and bad habits lol

Not able to upload the Finals b/c my phone didn't capture the whole set ohh well

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD