Any early netcode impressions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo

Well that's a hype killer...
Specially because these new 3D fighters have a pretty good netcode. I know some people on my scene that now will prefer other games to DOA5 for sure.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Wow. This game is going to die fast if the netcode sucks. Unfortunately for me, online play is all I have since I don't know anyone locally who plays DOA. I'll have to abandon the game as well if it's unplayable online.

It better fix that and the fact that your language choice for spoken dialogue resets every time you exit the game...that's an annoying one.

That's really annoying. They better fix that too.

DyByHands

Ive been avoiding this place to keep from spoilers... But man, this isn't good news. I was really banking on playing online to up my game. And, playing with more people than those in my house. Maybe they can fix it up, IDK. I still have some hope here.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
To hell with all this pessimism.

Game's not even officially out yet, and y'all are already actin' like the game's dead. Smile for a change.

NightAntilli

Almost all games come with a day one patch, it's very possible that the game needs the patch to work correctly. Or the online is just.. you know... shit.
I really hope there is a patch in case it really is as bad as people are saying. There's only so much a patch can do though.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
To hell with all this pessimism.

Game's not even officially out yet, and y'all are already actin' like the game's dead. Smile for a change.

It's out for some of us.

Still, gota wait for a larger pool of players to really critique the netcode.

Pupi18

I'm gonna guess the effects are hurting the online. The game has tons of things going on with the stages and their effects add up the sweat and hit sparks that maybe cutting them down to 50% probably might help the online be more stable. Afterall you got Ends of the World with all those particle effects which while not be the best looking thing toning things down can help the game. Not completely turn off effects on all areas but Hit Effects, Sweat and maybe even characters getting dirt on clothes off might help off the game be more stable online.

Tekken Tag Tournament in order to keep the Online smooth they sacrificed to some extent the visuals elimination objects and NPCs can be seen and same goes for some particles effects getting tone down. DOA5 might need in tone down some things to make it work at optimal conditions as posible. Hopefully nothing extreme like Tekken on tone downs but find a way to keep it into properly smooth gameplay. It can be done and I expect people to voice their opinion so they fix the online if its as messed up as it is being mentioned.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Wanna hear how online is after the public release.

But even better I'll make my judgement after I get it in my own hands.

SilverForte

Perhaps someone can test this by comparing netcode on stages with different amount of effects. Home looks pretty simple for example.

Pupi18

Perhaps someone can test this by comparing netcode on stages with different amount of effects. Home looks pretty simple for example.
Square arenas that have no tiers would be the best to try. Home has dust effects going and its has multiple rooms and the outside area. Its simple looking but there are things going on there. The ring stage might not be bad or the empty circus.

AKNova7

I'm gonna guess the effects are hurting the online. The game has tons of things going on with the stages and their effects add up the sweat and hit sparks that maybe cutting them down to 50% probably might help the online be more stable. Afterall you got Ends of the World with all those particle effects which while not be the best looking thing toning things down can help the game. Not completely turn off effects on all areas but Hit Effects, Sweat and maybe even characters getting dirt on clothes off might help off the game be more stable online.

Tekken Tag Tournament in order to keep the Online smooth they sacrificed to some extent the visuals elimination objects and NPCs can be seen and same goes for some particles effects getting tone down. DOA5 might need in tone down some things to make it work at optimal conditions as posible. Hopefully nothing extreme like Tekken on tone downs but find a way to keep it into properly smooth gameplay. It can be done and I expect people to voice their opinion so they fix the online if its as messed up as it is being mentioned.

That hurts the netcode a lot less than you think, because most of that is handled by the engine, not the netcode, at least by standard netcodes. Say your back is facing an explosive generator, and you get knocked into said generator. The netcode would say you got hit in direction, and the engine would handle you flying, and getting blown off said engine. The engine doesn't lag, obviously, so the important part of the netcode is getting the command of you getting hit to the engine. For safety reasons, the netcode probably also tracks character movement on a 3D plane (X-Y-Z) and stuff like that. But, it is very unlikely that what you're saying is causing the problem.

For instance, do you remember all the effect on the Cervantes' ship level in SCV? It didn't lag any more than the rest of the levels, remember?

Edit: Someone beat me to it. My bad. lol

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'll test more online today. I haven't played much and nobody with full bars. I'll try Dojo.

phoenix1985gr

Anyway if its really unplayable im gonna be dissapointed, but at least it wont be a pain to decide between doa5 and ttt2 as far as online is concerned... But really im seeing responses about people that say online is only for training and stuff but thats not the case not every player is a tourney player and if the online isnt viable its gonna hurt the game bad...

Dallas1088

So yeah im pretty disappointed with the online mode. You can only play ranked modes one on one and not only that you cant create a lobby. They just put you up with a random person, but you chose the grades to search, round etc and you cant even rematch the person i think.

Lobby matches are non ranked :(. I really liked joining lobbies and trying to beat that one guy who has been beating everyone and getting tons of points.

And for simple matches (Quick non ranking ones) you cant even change any settings and rules. Edit you cant rematch simple matches.

So wait, I can't make a private lobby for myself and a group of friends? Are you kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD