Are you happy with Last Round?

Do you like the direction Last Round is taking?

• Right now I'm worried about the lasting appeal of Last Round.

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • So, far everything looks good, and I'm content with what I'm seeing from Last Round.

Votes: 31 38.8%

• Total voters

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Who would even be enticed to buy a new console for the game's offering? Last Round is something you'd buy as a stocking stuffer to go with a game that actual has value and content.
Given that the title is also available on previous generation consoles I doubt this is a system selling title. I also doubt it's intended to be. But there are gamers on the new consoles that have not played DoA5 in any form. The new stuff with some exclusions is still available to those not new to the franchise choosing to hang back.

You started this thread to stir people up with all the subtlety of a Michael Bay movie trailer. Don't be surprised that some people don't see a reason to light a torch or grab a pitchfork.

DR2K

@Kronin

Okay, but they still could have waited, but what did they do? We got a watered down Vanilla and then the stuff that's in 5U now for consoles, they spread that over portables! I'm sure you know how pissed console users were, thus, the Ultimate disc! The things they took from the portables and ported over to consoles, I consider DLC since this stuff was not in Vanilla! DOA2 did this, and I made the same argument regarding MK3 because that was essentially the same thing; yet, NRS with MK has never done it since (KE was one edition as was UE with Injustice - not three!)

Tag? Nice implement, but it wasn't new! 4 had it! Online? 2 and 4 had this!

I get it, but I don't! This is why I'm going off the cuff! We keep getting the same stuff: Stages, Characters, Costumes, but more and more keeps coming! This is why I said: Ultimate was enough (of course, there's 2). Oddly, folks gripe about sports games with yearly releases that are nothing more than roster updates - somehow that argument is valid since there are 50 editions of the same game! That most probably let slide since they tune into those same sports to spectate year after year. Shooters? CoD takes the damn cake! IOW, they have a legit excuse! DOA or any other fighting game doesn't!

"Moola!" I think I hear the cash cow! :rolleyes:

DOA5 had to be released on August 2012. Developers don't have infinite resources and have to make money. That means features are cut. No one bought DOA5+ so it never saw much support, thank the Vita for that, it won't be on the market much longer itself.

You're not getting the same anything. These are all new stages, with new textures, etc . . Everything is being made from scratch and it is because of the fan base keeps requesting throw back stages. You're upset with Team Ninja for appeasing their fan base.

Vote with your wallet, but paid game updates shouldn't be restricted to genres because you find it acceptable. That's just a double standard.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
TN should do a Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare deal.

This means, buy DOA5:LR Digitally on previous gen, and get LR on current gen for free. I like that idea. But the FULL DIGITAL VERSION. Not the DLC pack you can buy at discount because you once had 5U.

I'm just happy that we get a free LR update on Xbox 360, so we can actually get 85% of the actual content (As far as we know) minus the stages. Yes, I'm gutted that we don't get the stages on previous gen consoles. That's my only gripe, besides the HIDDEN ROOM in The Crimson, but I'll live. But I do need that room. I also believe that they had to lock most of the stages, because they are being rebuilt to look good on PS4/XBO. DOA5U still looks sexy, though. Just needs some tweaks in the graphics, which is obviously being done for LR.

Blazeincarnated

Zack still has two win poses. I'll probably THINK about BUYING when I actually see something different and not other characters obviously being shafted (the latest being that dumbass Halloween costume)......

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Zack still has two win poses. I'll probably THINK about BUYING when I actually see something different and not other characters obviously being shafted (the latest being that dumbass Halloween costume)......
To be completely honest, we have only seen noobs play Zack in LR. And I don't any characters have seen any new win poses. I like Zack's 2014 Halloween costume, man! If you think that Zack has been shafted, wrong there, bruh! He didn't get a Copy paste, like Mila (RIP Mila costume rep), and the design was created by TN. But I would prefer Prince Zack over 2014 Halloween Zack, simply due to the fact that it would look SICK in-game. I liked the concept, and even voted for it.

I also wanted Zhriller Zack, but you know, copyright. The rest were quite bad for Zack in the halloween contest. Zack doesn't really get anything shown until like, the launch trailer or the "PRE-ORDER NOW" trailers, so let's just wait until then.

Zack really does need a new win pose, though. And the "Woah! Yeah!" one should just be REMOVED. Like, what is that shit? Oh well. I have hopes for a new win-pose. A cool one too. Because the 5U's "Zack is ready to bring the noise" opening was likely added due to our opinions on the new Zack personality (A complete joke btw), and TN probably wanted to "throwback" to the old Zack. I'd also like that opening to pop up more than the moonwalk one. Like, the new opening rarely ever happens.

One Green Flag

I am looking forward to Last Round, because hopefully I will have the new Xbox by then. The new costumes, hairstyles, characters and stages are definitely a good incentive. Most ports don't add much more than new textures to the new systems. Plus it is a game most of us really like.

Intelligent Alpha

DOA5 had to be released on August 2012. Developers don't have infinite resources and have to make money. That means features are cut. No one bought DOA5+ so it never saw much support, thank the Vita for that, it won't be on the market much longer itself.

You're not getting the same anything. These are all new stages, with new textures, etc . . Everything is being made from scratch and it is because of the fan base keeps requesting throw back stages. You're upset with Team Ninja for appeasing their fan base.

Vote with your wallet, but paid game updates shouldn't be restricted to genres because you find it acceptable. That's just a double standard.

So, you wouldn't mind 500 DOA6 iterations, then? I'm not absolving the other genres, but I'm not stupid either! The Maddens, 2K--, CoD are selling like hotcakes and what's different? Nothing! All of these games have very small enhancements; thus, "every thing is the same." People lost it with FIFA! "13 looks exactly like 14!" But wait! My main's costume? They just yanked it off Kasumi and threw it on Alpha! (I expected better)

Therein lies the problem: trying to appease the fanbase, but only the part that nods and grins while the ones that don't have to grin and bear it! But I evoked a double-standard when I have done no such thing! The sport/shooter analogy = I expect it! Fighting games = I don't! Both are milking shit; yet how can everybody give EA shit, but not TN? If every dev can/should get shit from folks who aren't pleased with what is offered before them ... and you come at me about double-standards! Really?

David Gregg

Last Round is primarily about launching on the new consoles. The lesser version being on last gen shouldn't be a surprise at this point as lesser versions have already been showing up from multiplatform titles. The state of the community right now is utterly pathetic. If you want the best version, buy a new console. If you don't or can't do that, you still get the actual gameplay changes for free. Feel free to disagree but the way everyone is whining like TN collectively punched them in the face is truly sad.

I understand what you're saying CyberEvil and I am actually planning on getting the PS4 version but what incentive did TN have to put all of the new features and stages only on current gen? Someone made the comparison to SSB with Nintendo making the Wii U version the superior, definitive version. Obvious hardware differences aside, Nintendo benefits from players purchasing the more expensive console. As far as I'm aware, TN is not getting any additional benefits from making the stages exclusive to PS4/X1 which makes me wonder why they didn't take the extra time and resources toward downgrading Danger Zone and Crimson so that they could be playable on last gen (even charging them as DLC which would be better than nothing imo).

And although some argue, "Well technically TN never said that they would be playable on PS3/360", when you're advertising a new game and reassuring fans that it will be for all 4 consoles, you can't tell me that they weren't being misleading. :/

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Given that the title is also available on previous generation consoles I doubt this is a system selling title. I also doubt it's intended to be. But there are gamers on the new consoles that have not played DoA5 in any form. The new stuff with some exclusions is still available to those not new to the franchise choosing to hang back.

You started this thread to stir people up with all the subtlety of a Michael Bay movie trailer. Don't be surprised that some people don't see a reason to light a torch or grab a pitchfork.

You still don't have a reason for them not adding anything, and I don't care who grabs a pitchfork or a torch... you can be content with nothing, and I will fight for more content. Nintendo is a great example of listening to the fans in almost every way possible, Last Round is a bogus installment that is the same price as Ultimate for half the content.

It's not even about them selling... it's about the reputation of the game, and it's being poorly represented. Team NINJA should hire me then maybe their game would sell... at the very least fans would get they want.

And if their not in it to sell and make money... how come Nyo is a female, how come only outfits come out for the females other than Halloween?

Because Team NINJA wants money... they just don't know how to get it.

And no, I didn't start this thread to stir people up; people were stirred long before, and they should be.

Intelligent Alpha

Wait. You expected better? Like a different colour? Can't really get better w/ Alpha than that. I do want a chrome alpha though, as tribute to Dural.

Then, there's this! Just add Dural! Further proves my point! Why the fuck not? I'm tired of seeing the same four (random is useless) when her default (LR) and third (V) were altered because people couldn't see! But that's very ironic considering that people screamed "Nude Kasumi! OMG!" (before the real one surfaced via a patch!)

I mean, damn! If NRS, can take Noob Saibot - who started out as nothing but an oil spill! (And you get it as a costume!) Think I'm lying?
(IOW, they got better with him, but didn't just slap on something)

I'd like another hairstyle at least to go along with it (if no more accessories are added. Hell, one of those would be nice, too)

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Oh, and the by the way, how dare you compare me to Michael Bay. Last time I checked his movies get shit reviews, and DOA is in a place where it could be received better because the mechanics are good.

What's the point of making yet another release if we aren't going to add any value to the core game that couldn't just be added in a patch? It's half-assed, and that's what Michael Bay does with his scripts.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
The best strategy for TN was to make DOA5LR "say exclusive for next-Gen " but since there releasing it for all platforms i expected the content to be fair. Don't advertise something that can't be obtain if we buy last-Gen Doa. Tekken 7 is next-Gen exclusive coming on PS4/XBOX/PC. I see everyone on Twitter and Facebook talking about this subject. I expected everyone to see their game succeeded and be pushed beyond their limits why .Tekken tag 2 can 'have a 41 man roster with 29 stages' yet we can't have anything game related to advance the game or community. If this thread was called "are you happy with costumes with last round?" everyone would be happy as the sun right because the people supporting that topic aren't exactly the ones going offline

Players who complain about their costume ( We don't have a problem with that)

Players who are saying why isn't this game getting it's fair justice ( Shut up and stop complaining )

ye6gUvk.jpg

Nereus

Standard Donor
I don't really care about costumes or stages at the moment, i just want to actually be able to play the fighting game i love the most. Im sure all of you know what im getting at...

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Last Round is primarily about launching on the new consoles.
Had this been the case then no one would be bitching here. Many of us would have been content(given the online works properly). This clearly isn't the case.
The lesser version being on last gen shouldn't be a surprise at this point as lesser versions have already been showing up from multiplatform titles. The state of the community right now is utterly pathetic. If you want the best version, buy a new console.

I don't know what you do for a living and don't get me wrong I am glad for you that you have money to wipe your ass with but most of us aren't that fortunate. I can afford a new console and it wont really affect me that much but that presumptuous haughty attitude is one of the main reasons why this community is the way it is. You've done your part bro ;)

To be frank I don't see why they cant put the new stages on the older consoles. This "memory constraints" excuse is utter bullshit and you know it considering what they have done with earlier games and systems. This is going to be a problem with players who haven't made that transition with adapting to the tournament standards or more practically with controller solutions. I have many arcade sticks some of which are modded already and there is no real way to mod a stick to work with a PS4 that I know of. This is going to be a major clusterfuck for an already anemic offline scene.

If you don't or can't do that, you still get the actual gameplay changes for free. Feel free to disagree but the way everyone is whining like TN collectively punched them in the face is truly sad.

Because being a paying loyal consumer who wants a complete product or being concerned with the quality of that product makes you an entitled whiny little bitch. Keep in mind that some people like me has more than likely spent more on DLC than you have but it doesn't matter because I had the audacity to voice a concern about a game I like because we should be grateful for whatever we get?

Nah fuck that, I am the consumer and I pay these people's rent.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I've said my piece at this point. Here is the problem with this whole thing: people have their own ideas of what this release should be. I clearly have my own and while I believe my opinion to be a well informed one, I don't expect everyone to agree.

Oh, and the by the way, how dare you compare me to Michael Bay. Last time I checked his movies get shit reviews, and DOA is in a place where it could be received better because the mechanics are good.

What's the point of making yet another release if we aren't going to add any value to the core game that couldn't just be added in a patch? It's half-assed, and that's what Michael Bay does with his scripts.
Can't tell if you're serious about this. I didn't compare you to Michael Bay, I compared your sense of tact to a three explosions per second movie trailer. Your post read like an enlistment propaganda commercial script from World War II. Also I like random analogies.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'm personally excited about Last Round. However, after watching Manny's stream, I'm actually concerned about how things will play out. He mentioned that there was so much grace in the stages (from the previous games) that DOA5 lacked. There are some blockbuster stages (Scramble is a pretty damn good example), however it seems like there isn't enough of that flavor and creativity put in the others in this game. Team Ninja knows they have the potential to do amazing things with stages, and they can do it. Maybe it might be because Koei is giving them a hard time, so it may not be TN's fault. I just hope things play out well.

This next part I'm going to say may seem off-topic. I have noticed several things on Twitter some people in this community posted that is NOT acceptable. Some people here on Twitter are insulting each other, sending threats, and even using racial slurs towards one another because of a few things noticed in DOA5LR. Instead of acting like Bloods and Crips, we, as a community, should be sending Koei (since it seems that they are most likely responsible for this) a message that Team Ninja needs more development time and resources to give us the "full package" that we deserve.

Last edited:

Darkton93

Alright, IntelligentAlpha? Lose the exclamation marks. It doesn't make you look good, it makes you sound like a raving lunatic, screaming every line.

deathofaninja? People have the right to like this release. Popping up every time someone says they do and saying what amounts to "NO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO LIKE IT EVERYONE SHOULD THINK LIKE ME!!!!!" is going to result in arguments. In fact, I'd apply that to a lot of people here.

synce

I can understand frustration with LR but I don't understand this obsession over stages. DOA is probably the only fighting game where people are more concerned with stages and hairstyles over movelists and balance

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD