Bayman Q/A

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Man I still forget Bayman's back breaker and by forget I mean I've yet to do it once

You mean his 41236T? I use it all the time. It's great after 1P if your opponent tries to hold the follow up P. Just don't do the follow up P and go for the back breaker when they hold. 100 Hi Counter Throw damage.

KidArk

Christie is considered crouching in Jak` stance right? Well then, when the hell can I low OH
her it never seems to work out.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Christie is considered crouching in Jak` stance right? Well then, when the hell can I low OH
her it never seems to work out.
Let me ask more questions to figure why it "never seems to work out."

At what point in her Jak stance are you attempting your OH?

Only time I could see it "not work", is if she is attacking with her P. It puts her immediately back into a standing state.

KidArk

I actually took it to the lab and found that it was really just me being too afraid to low OH early, yeah I just noticed P was the only option out out of jak I couldn`t low throw her out of , not even the OH seemed.. necessary.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I actually took it to the lab and found that it was really just me being too afraid to low OH early, yeah I just noticed P was the only option out out of jak I couldn`t low throw her out of , not even the OH seemed.. necessary.
Not entirely true, use that OH. If you're slow on it and she goes for the kick, it buys you a few more frames to connect your throw.

KidArk

Yeah I suppose I was exaggerating when I said the ONLY option. I`m just praacticing some bayman stance depandant combos for now and some Akira 446P+K walls.

KidArk

Isn't Bayman 3p p 1k supposed to force tech after wall splat? It only techs when I delay it and if you delay it they can just tech manually out of it and possibly low throw.

Koompbala

Isn't Bayman 3p p 1k supposed to force tech after wall splat? It only techs when I delay it and if you delay it they can just tech manually out of it and possibly low throw.

There's 7 different weight classes, so thats not too surprising, but there are different strings that use that same sweep. Perhaps try those another thing to note. There different moves with different recovery times. I don't have the game with me, so I'll give Hayate examples.

Lets say I wall splat Fu with 236P I can get off 623PP 7K (most dmg) with him. Well let's say I do something with more recovery like a 6PK. The best I can do is a PP6PK cause it got more recovery, so I have less time to do something. Also just as a just in case its not the amount of hits you do in a combo for dmg. It's about how much dmg those hits do. Sometimes less is better. Also this has been a general rule of frame data. This is how it works in all the fighters I've played. Do a move point blank it will have more recovery the further away you do it. The less recovery that same move will have. What I just mentioned hasn't been too much of a problem in this game for me. So I wouldn't worry about that to much.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
So can y'all think of any buffs Bayman should get in DOA5U?I never hear his name dropped for either requested buffs or nerfs it's like y'all seem to think he's perfect.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
The more I play him, the more I realize how powerful and well equipped he is. I wouldn't know what to ask for.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
He's a dam good character that's for sure which confuses me why no one is screaming to nerf him.hell I've never seen Drago scream for TN to nerf him I mean he probably has but I haven't seen him.

Honestly if anything I would like them to switch the command for his :6: :4_: :P: with the one for his :6: :6: :P+K:

I NEVER use that charge up attack and I would use that guard break so much more if it wasn't so awkward.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Since I play Akira, 66P+K isn't awkward for me; however, that is a move I forget about a lot. It leaves you at +9 on GB right?

Actually, you know what I would change? 33P+K needs to go back to being a high crush like it was in 4. As of right now, it is not very useful since they can tech roll the knock down.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
He's a dam good character that's for sure which confuses me why no one is screaming to nerf him.hell I've never seen Drago scream for TN to nerf him I mean he probably has but I haven't seen him.

Honestly if anything I would like them to switch the command for his :6: :4_: :P: with the one for his :6: :6: :P+K:

I NEVER use that charge up attack and I would use that guard break so much more if it wasn't so awkward.
Seriously, who gives a flying fuck what Drago thinks at this point?

The reason no one is screaming nerf is because everyone knows Rikuto will just chew them out whth good rebuttals like a lawyer on a roll in court.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
They can? I've never seen anyone avoid the follow up grab

Something I would love but probably won't happen is for his heel stomp to cause a ground bounce.probably not gonna happen because he's already strong as fuck but hey they got to give something new right?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor

He once posted "Bayman's broken and needs nurfing." on Twitter.

They definitely shouldn't nerf him, but I don't really have any ideas for buffs either.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I shall have to check once I get home to understand what y'all are talking about

I want more grabs why? Fuck if I know.i just want more ways hurt someone with Sambo.i guess to make it practical make it a normal throw so I can use it against Bass and Tina.

KidArk

Since I play Akira, 66P+K isn't awkward for me; however, that is a move I forget about a lot. It leaves you at +9 on GB right?

Actually, you know what I would change? 33P+K needs to go back to being a high crush like it was in 4. As of right now, it is not very useful since they can tech roll the knock down.

He means the GB 46P should becomee 66P+K I disagree because 66P+K is good on a force tech along with 236K, and since 66P+K is th better move I feel , personally it should stay the same. Though if I may interject.. on the topic of 46P , it seems to be a. useless move , they should atleast make it ceiling launch on full charge maybe? I personally feel bayman is like Akira in many regards, but perhaps it's just me? Making 3p 12 frames would further his akira likeness but most characterrs even godly ones are limiteed. To 13 frame stuns, so hiss best stun beiing 12 sounds unlikely.

KidArk

There's 7 different weight classes, so thats not too surprising, but there are different strings that use that same sweep. Perhaps try those another thing to note. There different moves with different recovery times. I don't have the game with me, so I'll give Hayate examples.

Lets say I wall splat Fu with 236P I can get off 623PP 7K (most dmg) with him. Well let's say I do something with more recovery like a 6PK. The best I can do is a PP6PK cause it got more recovery, so I have less time to do something. Also just as a just in case its not the amount of hits you do in a combo for dmg. It's about how much dmg those hits do. Sometimes less is better. Also this has been a general rule of frame data. This is how it works in all the fighters I've played. Do a move point blank it will have more recovery the further away you do it. The less recovery that same move will have. What I just mentioned hasn't been too much of a problem in this game for me. So I wouldn't worry about that to much.

Actually wall force tech is P 6P 2K, the two strings are similar at first glance so when i saw it in a video a while ago I confused it for the other move.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD