Character list leaked from Demo's EXE

UnD34D

The thing I'm curious about is if the character list says Leon, Gen Fu (and Alpha... really?! wtf!) why are people saying they aren't going to be in the game?

Raansu

The thing I'm curious about is if the character list says Leon, Gen Fu (and Alpha... really?! wtf!) why are people saying they aren't going to be in the game?

Because they don't have a camera/character select slot or whatever so it's assumed they were either pulled or are not playable.

Codemaster92163

I mentioned Gen Fu because, like the others I mentioned, he has no role in the Story of DOA anymore. People need to read posts more thoroughly before jumping to conclusions xD

No one said he won't be included. I simply used him as an example of characters that don't belong (STORY wise) in the game.

UnD34D

I mentioned Gen Fu because, like the others I mentioned, he has no role in the Story of DOA anymore. People need to read posts more thoroughly before jumping to conclusions xD

No one said he won't be included. I simply used him as an example of characters that don't belong (STORY wise) in the game.

It wasn't just you, I've seen it said multiple times. I hadn't seen any of the source code info though (due to being lazy.)

TRI Mike

I wasn't directing my post at you so I fail to understand why you're offended by it. DOA's story (and every fighter's story for that matter) is crap and should be completely gone like in VF5. There simply is no point in putting a story that goes nowhere where they should focus entirely in the gameplay.

Anyway, was today's stage referenced¿ I'm too lazy to check myself.

TRI Mike

I don't think so. The bikinis are girl-exclusive so it's probably six per character plus bikinis for the sweet ladies (and Ayane cuz she ain't sweet at all).

KwonJigglypuff

We don't know about these "6 costume per character". I wouldn't be surprised if, just like in DOA4, some characters had only 4 costumes max. Okay, maybe there will be DLC, but I just don't understand why suddenly, Team Ninja would have decided that males and females would have the exact same number of costumes. I mean, it's good, but IMO, that "6" was just a random number before they could really create them. I mean, they probably didn't make all of them since March.. we can expect less.. or more. But "6 for everyone" sounds weird from people like TN.

Codemaster92163

I wasn't directing my post at you so I fail to understand why you're offended by it. DOA's story (and every fighter's story for that matter) is crap and should be completely gone like in VF5. There simply is no point in putting a story that goes nowhere where they should focus entirely in the gameplay.

Anyway, was today's stage referenced¿ I'm too lazy to check myself.

*Looks at the past 7 pages*

Well, either that was directed at me, considering I'm the only one who mentioned their canon, or you have an invisible friend who points out reasons for character removal.

But personally, I enjoy the story of DOA. Sure, it's not an RPG, but at least it gives me the chance to connect more to the characters.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
We don't know about these "6 costume per character". I wouldn't be surprised if, just like in DOA4, some characters had only 4 costumes max.
It's probably six costumes planned per character so some will end up getting fewer. Specifically when I make statements regarding game's code I always use the word "reference." The reason for that is because it's easier to leave in code and turn it off something than to take out all the references to it because you risk breaking the code in so many other places. Programming is a ridiculously difficult task and that's why things are done like that. There's still leftover code from Dimensions in DOA5, but I know to ignore it. DOA3 had code and messages leftover from DOA2 Hardcore for example.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
DOA's story (and every fighter's story for that matter) is crap.

I agree that DOA's story is weak, but that's not true of every fighter. Tekken, KOF, Mortal Kombat, and Soul Calibur are all pretty plot heavy, and they use the story as a reason for excluding characters. And even though I don't think it should be done, it doesn't necessarily hurt how successful the game is. Soul Calibur 5 is doing well and they got rid of a ton of characters from the earlier games due to the story.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD