Character smilies

Gultigargar

Then it's time for another sketch dump I suppose.
smiley sketches.jpg
I did yet another take on Rig because I still didn't like my last ones. This time I tried making more use of his hood.

Made Shiden a "mirror" of Raidou,seeing as how they're brothers and all. But I'm also up for doing a unique pose if you guys don't like the mirror-thing.

Seeing as Kasumi Alpha is a clone of Kasumi - both story- and gameplay-wise - I thought the most fitting thing would be to make her smiley have the same layout as Kasumi's, but with Alpha's costume + blue ribbon, and ANGRY EYEBROWS! :mad:

Oh, and there are some Virtua Fighters too, I guess.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Rig looks much better, what about flipping the k.a. one like shiden. Feel free to update any characters like kasumi, bass, Zack as well. :)

Zeo

Maybe a nitpck but Akira's looks like his eyes are too far apart, looks kind of silly.

Ghosty-J

Awesomeness. That's everyone now, right?

Yup that's everyone. And they all look really awesome too! Kinda feel bummed out I couldn't fit in time to make a few smilies of my own even though I said I would OTL

One thing I should say about Jacky though. The composition is great, but his personality doesn't really show through all that well. He's usually very energetic and smug (like Sonic for instance). He just looks all " : | ". I was thinking of some sort of expression of triumph on his face that could make a person get up and shout "YYYEEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!" I'd come up with a concept of my own, but my comic project has been holding me back for weeks ;A;

Gultigargar

Maybe a nitpck but Akira's looks like his eyes are too far apart, looks kind of silly.
Yeah, I see it now that you mention it.

his personality doesn't really show through all that well. He's usually very energetic and smug
I went with soulless-face because that's how he looked in pretty much all his renders when I Google searched him, but I can try giving him a bit of facial expression, sure.

EDIT: So, the smilies didn't have any shading because I really just wanted to have smilies for all the characters first/because I'm a lazy bastard. I tried addressing the above points, as well as apply shading to all of them so they don't look as flat anymore.

Smiley Akira.png
Smiley Eliot.png
Smiley Jacky.png
Smiley Kasumi A.png
Smiley Kokoro New.png
Smiley Pai.png
Smiley Rachel.png
Smiley Rig3.png
Smiley Sarah.png
Smiley Shiden.png

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

I will update them once I get back home tonight.

Do you think you might be able to update Kasumi (:kasumi:), Zack (:zack:), and Bass (:Bass:) on a modern (DOA5) look? Update outfits specifically but keep the pose if you want?

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD