Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raansu

And there you have it folks. That first video confirms that force techs have been indeed nerfed which also means its possible that Bayman has lost some guaranteed ground throws which means other characters have lost guaranteed tools as well.

Cadaveri

Yeah it wasn't a launch title which released next to TTT2, which also barely charted, and it wasn't releasing in the same type of economy.

Hence the F2P release.

One can only be happy that DOA5U is actually releasing before GTA:V & not after.

TRI Mike

This is what I feared would happen if people kept the Tengu and costumes nonsense going on for too long. Like synce says all of Twitter is literally filled with ridiculous crap about hairstyles, costumes, Helena's fucking ponytail and breast sizes while the only ones talking about gameplay are grap3, Raansu and myself.

Instead of learning how to use FT yourselves and dealing with them being done to you, it's easier to go complain about it online and have the developers butcher the game like they're apparently doing. I always felt that the mix between easy execution and fanservice was bringing way too many people to the community that we competitive players do not want in it.

I've participated in many FG groups over the years with games like MK, MvC3, Blazblue, and VF5FS and the DOA community is the only one where the competitive players have to speak really loudly to be heard among the bazillion cries for boobs and casual stuff.

After a long hiatus from DOA5, I went back to it because I met some really nice local players that I've managed to play a lot with. But if Ultimate turns out to be DOA4.1 with square stages I'm most likely going to leave the game again. This is seriously not good. Japanese players are not the only ones to blame. It's the entire community and their unstoppable need for skimpy bikinis.

werewolfgold

I don't get it. Aren't western players the main competitive group for doa? Why are they catering to the japanese so much if it will just ruin the game?
You see, the problem is you think the game would be ruined and perhaps not other people that they are making the changes for. Clearly the devs don't think they're ruining the game if they've tried some new, "better" things and are still choosing to revert back.

I feel like maybe somebody here needs some face time with the devs. You could bring a chart and lay it out for them why what they're doing is wrong.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Easier said than done consider they are in fucking Japan.ive kept quiet on the Twitter feeds because I prefer to know what I'm talking about before I open my mouth now that we're seeing Bayman I can now speak and will continue to do so.

Still love the new dodge roll though.

werewolfgold

On the plus side, I'm sure that these demos were put out there for the purpose of feedback. If there was ever a time that their ears would be open, it would be now. If people wanna compile a list or something, I can try to put it into Japanese. There may be others on the forum that can help, too (hopefully, 'cause I'm a lazy-ass mofo).

TRI Mike

We should like make a list of things that should be reverted back to 1.03+ status and things that should change to positively affect that game and tweet it in both english and japanese like a thousand times. If Microsoft changed the X1 policies because of feedback, 5U rescue might still be possible.

Raansu

It's a shame really. As much as I feel DoA5 is an inferior game, it still seemed like TN was somewhat attempting to make a solid game. Their mistake though was trying to appease both DoA4 and DoA3 fans though which is why the game feels unfinished to me and now it seems they are just throwing that all away with DoA5U. Obviously nothing is certain until the game comes out, but all this stuff being mentioned just does not bold well. Everything sounds like its being reverted back to DoA4 which is a HUGE mistake.

Omegan Eckhart

The problem is that all we are getting is rough translated feedback from Japan. If Team Ninja would tell the English speaking world exactly what they are doing with the game then maybe we could offer our feedback.

Seriously give me that and I will get on Twitter and hassle TN. Until then I'm not going to bother cause all I've seen is a couple of lousy videos and a ton of hearsay with absolutely no sources to back it up.

Raansu

The problem is that all we are getting is rough translated feedback from Japan. If Team Ninja would tell the English speaking world exactly what they are doing with the game then maybe we could offer our feedback.

Seriously give me that and I will get on Twitter and hassle TN. Until then I'm not going to bother cause all I've seen is a couple of lousy videos and a ton of hearsay with absolutely no sources to back it up.

lousy or not, both at 0:14 and and 0:19 in that Bayman video those ground slams currently give guaranteed ground setups either a throw or force tech. In that video Kasumi straight up tech rolled and p+k whiffed entirely. So the nerfed ground game is far from being hearsay.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
When Bayman does his (BT)kpp this used to land them near you for a ground grab now it knocks them away,however look at the way she landed I THINK that they may have adjusted it so you can use the roll grab in this situation.does anyone else think this?

synce

Thing is that just because one move doesn't cause FT doesn't mean that all FT technology has been removed or nerfed. I want real evidence for such a claim before I go to TN complaining.

I think I stated this in another thread well before video surfaced that most if not all characters have FT removed. This was said by several Japanese players, I won't provide links though you can believe it or not :p

Omegan Eckhart

lousy or not, both at 0:14 and and 0:19 in that Bayman video those ground slams currently give guaranteed ground setups either a throw or force tech. In that video Kasumi straight up tech rolled and p+k whiffed entirely. So the nerfed ground game is far from being hearsay.

I get that but the problem for me is that one character losing one particular set up doesn't mean that FT's have been nerfed across the board. Perhaps he lost that set up as a balance for other buff's he has received?

I'm not doubting that FT's have been generally nerfed, and I am in no way in favour of it but I want to see more examples of it with Bayman and other characters before I hit hit Twitter.

I think I stated this in another thread well before video surfaced that most if not all characters have FT removed. This was said by several Japanese players, I won't provide links though you can believe it or not :p
It's not that I don't believe you I just won't freak out until I see it for myself.

Question though, if you have links for this info why don't you post them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD