Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
They're making opponents on the ground invincible for a longer period of time. Of course that'll affect everyone and not just one character.

Kronin

I'm interested about the competitive side of the game but I don't have the competence necessary to give suggestions to TN about the gameplay, for this reason I focus myself on the casual side of the game (that is part of my interest too).

What I can do is just tweet Team Ninja about to encourage the active participation of the Western players and this community about the changes to the gameplay, giving to them the possibility to send feedback to the developers.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Now that I've calmed down a bit.this new roll will be a great tool.regarding Bayman vs wake up kicks you just shouldn't do them especially now where he can just say fuck it and leave.im gonna have so much fun fucking with those dam backfliping Kasumi players.what would happen if he rolls back in a BT situation though?

Momiji-Baybee

lol For the thousandth time, it's not a regional thing. Read a few posts up... anyway here is the survey I talked about

http://doa.gg-blog.com/Entry/661/

If you want to see why DOA will always be a joke, go to twitter. Almost nobody is talking about gameplay, most DOA fans care more about the costumes (on twitter anyway). And before that, people wouldn't shut up about Rachel.

The last one shouldn't even be a complaint. I think it was a good Idea for people to request Rachel, she deserved a spot just like Momiji. Besides if people can constantly ask for Tengu then I think people should be able to ask for her if they want

Kronin

The last one shouldn't even be a complaint. I think it was a good Idea for people to request Rachel, she deserved a spot just like Momiji. Besides if people can constantly ask for Tengu then I think people should be able to ask for her if they want

What is the problem for asking for the inclusion of favourite characters in the game (if they are new ones)? What really happens is that people end for asking to give the new moveset that TN is developing, to a character already known and loved by the majority of the fandom rather than to a completely original one (yes, I know that Rachel has the Nicole's moveset, but this means that TN planned to bring back that style of fighting sooner or later with a new character - thing partially already happened with Dimensions and Genra).

Momiji-Baybee

What is the problem for asking for the inclusion of favourite characters in the game (if they are new ones)? What really happens is that people end for asking to give the new moveset that TN is developing, to a character already known and loved by the majority of the fandom rather than to a completely original one (yes, I know that Rachel has the Nicole's moveset, but this means that TN planned to bring back that style of fighting sooner or later with a new character - thing partially already happened with Dimensions and Genra).

Rachel shares similar moves to Spartan yes, but she also has her own original moves. Many of them are based off of her moves from Ninja Gaiden.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I honestly think they are going back to the DOA3.2 gameplay, which is good. And why are people complaining about FT? It is barely used on most characters and most characters don't have the tool, so why constantly bitch about it?
Honestly, not many people use it, and I found it useless, but to others, they thought it was good.

Looks like the sidestep is bigger and faster, so that's cool also. For Zack's "New" moves, TN could import his 7K into it, but they could make it 214K instead of 7K so that he could keep his moves. They should try to revert Zack's movelist back to DOA2/3 and some 4.

Blazeincarnated

007.jpg

Omegan Eckhart

I honestly think they are going back to the DOA3.2 gameplay, which is good. And why are people complaining about FT? It is barely used on most characters and most characters don't have the tool, so why constantly bitch about it?
Honestly, not many people use it, and I found it useless, but to others, they thought it was good.

Helena
Hayabusa
Christie
Brad Wong
Mila
Ayane
Tina
Bass
Pai
Zack
Bayman
Lei Fang

All of these characters have extremely strong force tech/pseudo force tech games. Other characters probably have it too but I just don't know the specifics of it.

Force teching is incredibly useful. Any good player will sacrifice a small amount of combo damage to eliminate wake up kicks and maintain frame advantage. You won't see it much online unless you play against really good players.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Helena
Hayabusa
Christie
Brad Wong
Mila
Ayane
Tina
Bass
Pai
Zack
Bayman
Lei Fang

All of these characters have extremely strong force tech/pseudo force tech games. Other characters probably have it too but I just don't know the specifics of it.

Force teching is incredibly useful. Any good player will sacrifice a small amount of combo damage to eliminate wake up kicks and maintain frame advantage. You won't see it much online unless you play against really good players.

I use it frequently, but when I do it, it doesn't connect when I am playing as Zack. Is there a specific way of doing it or...? Anywhom, what I'm trying to say is there won't be a problem once we see it in complete action and my guess is that there will still be FTs but not as much guaranteed ones that Bayman has.

synce

Looks like the sidestep is bigger and faster, so that's cool also. For Zack's "New" moves, TN could import his 7K into it, but they could make it 214K instead of 7K so that he could keep his moves. They should try to revert Zack's movelist back to DOA2/3 and some 4.

I haven't really seen anything to suggest they're going back to DOA3. In fact I've heard about several characters getting their guaranteed setups nerfed or removed (Ayane, Leifang, Kasumi to name a few).

My personal problem with them removing FT is that in 1.03 they neutered my Mila and Pai, and with this change they are completely destroying them. But more importantly TN is removing one more offensive tool without giving anything in return, or at least nothing that's been shown yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD