Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRI Mike

The main issue I have with 5U losing the forced tech game is that it's probably the main tool to get frame advantage since most of the blocked strings are negative or unsage. 1.02 Tina had Guard breaks that left her at -22, this was corrected in 1.03 making them safe, yet negative and her only frame traps are VERY.SLOW moves that can be seen from a mile away. Using FT techniques was a way to constantly be at advantage and making the opponent fear whatever tools the characters had. It is very nice and to be honest I like the ground game in DOA5 even more than in VF5FS. It's easy to use, yes, but it's a very nice way to play after the DOA4 fiasco.

The stun game is my issue, I think the threshold is too long but a lot of characters can ignore it and get good damage from low-height launchers (Gen Fu, Jann Lee, Kasumi, Tina, Busa and many others). And sidestepping doesn't work like it should (moves magically tracking after a successful SS is annoying) but now these seem to to be unchanged as far as we're concerned so the only confirmed thing we have is a nerf of the ground game.

It just doesn't sound very nice and since it's the only news we have about the game gameplay-wise we have to rely on it and be loud about it. Team Ninja isn't giving a list of gameplay changes and to be honest, Power Launchers don't seem to be a game-changing mechanic that will positively affect the game. Then we have GB being gone, safe moves probably being unsafe now and nice tools losing their niceness AND 300 standard life bar¿ This isn't Blazblue.

Raansu

I honestly think they are going back to the DOA3.2 gameplay, which is good. And why are people complaining about FT? It is barely used on most characters and most characters don't have the tool, so why constantly bitch about it?
Honestly, not many people use it, and I found it useless, but to others, they thought it was good.

Looks like the sidestep is bigger and faster, so that's cool also. For Zack's "New" moves, TN could import his 7K into it, but they could make it 214K instead of 7K so that he could keep his moves. They should try to revert Zack's movelist back to DOA2/3 and some 4.

Not sure what scrubs you play with but everyone I play with uses FT's all the time. I personally will do whatever it takes to make sure you never get a wake up kick. And no, this is not going back to DoA3.2 gameplay, this shit is reverting to DoA4.

David Gregg

Not sure what scrubs you play with but everyone I play with uses FT's all the time. I personally will do whatever it takes to make sure you never get a wake up kick. And no, this is not going back to DoA3.2 gameplay, this shit is reverting to DoA4.

I don't know...I think synce brought up a good point a while back in this thread. That one survey did say that Japanese players wanted more guaranteed combos. Then look at the changes so far: longer health bar + addition of a power launcher + possibly a lot more ground bounces (Eliot has one for a move that previously didn't so anyone could be getting it) + improved tag gameplay + a combo challenge.

If they extend the timing window for holds then I would be worried that this is 4 all over again.

Marteze

I don't know if its been mentioned already but will they add some type of dojo/practice mode during online when waiting for fights? Like TTT2? That would be convenient instead of going all the way back to practice.

synce

I don't know if its been mentioned already but will they add some type of dojo/practice mode during online when waiting for fights? Like TTT2? That would be convenient instead of going all the way back to practice.

I wouldn't rule it out, they said there's still some unnannounced online features. Actually some of the similarities between Tekken and 5U are kinda funny. 5U will have individual character rankings, bound combos, it's F2P, even the dithering on the character select background reminds me of Tekken :p

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Lets not forget that VF had bounds moves first. People keep referring to "bounds" as a disease because Tekken has them, which is kind of childish...

RhythmikDesigns

I use it frequently, but when I do it, it doesn't connect when I am playing as Zack. Is there a specific way of doing it or...? Anywhom, what I'm trying to say is there won't be a problem once we see it in complete action and my guess is that there will still be FTs but not as much guaranteed ones that Bayman has.

Zack actually has guaranteed FT setups, the setups are just different depending on the weight class of your opponent.

Keved

Zack is a boss. People REALLY underestimate him...
I'm not too sure how popular Zack is in the competitive scene or what his pros & cons are as a fighter so i won't comment on what i don't know but i always tend to use him to simply annoy the opposition. I remember when i had a very rare match against Max with his beloved Hitomi. Equipping the jelly space teletubby garb we went into battle, to be fair he had the better of me most the time but i got a few wins in with the moon-walking stud, even finished one match off surfing on Hitomi's body using the classic stepping wave move followed by the "bam,bam bam" win pose in which Max left the game afterwards. On the topic of this green-bearded hipster I'd love to see him return in these costumes:

This costume would be perfect for Zack island imo.

150px-DOA4_Zack_C4.jpg

But the ultimate costume would be Sisqo Zack!!

150px-DOAUzack_cos08.jpg

I want to use the costume mid battle on Zacks island with Sisqo's thong song as the theme

:cool:

FakeSypha

Lets not forget that VF had bounds moves first. People keep referring to "bounds" as a disease because Tekken has them, which is kind of childish...

Bound is a legit mechanic. It works great on VF. Can't see why people hate bound state/moves :S

===============

Hmm, so we're in the PANIC phase right now. Well, my hype is slowly getting killed. I just want to believe team ninja won't fuck up this bad in the actual release. HOPE.

Blazeincarnated

I'm not too sure how popular Zack is in the competitive scene or what his pros & cons are as a fighter so i won't comment on what i don't know but i always tend to use him to simply annoy the opposition. I remember when i had a very rare match against Max with his beloved Hitomi. Equipping the jelly space teletubby garb we went into battle, to be fair he had the better of me most the time but i got a few wins in with the moon-walking stud, even finished one match off surfing on Hitomi's body using the classic stepping wave move followed by the "bam,bam bam" win pose in which Max left the game afterwards. On the topic of this green-bearded hipster I'd love to see him return in these costumes:

This costume would be perfect for Zack island imo.

150px-DOA4_Zack_C4.jpg

But the ultimate costume would be Sisqo Zack!!

150px-DOAUzack_cos08.jpg

I want to use the costume mid battle on Zacks island with Sisqo's thong song as the theme

:cool:

he needs this costume...:cool:

KwonJigglypuff

So far, DOA5U looks very different from DOA5 in term of mecanics. Some physics aren't the same... Doesn't look like an Ultimate version to me, but more like a new installment (with the same stages, story, packing and atmosphere).

Brute

Standard Donor
I really with Team NINJA gave us a list of the changes. So far things aren't looking very good.
I am actually curious about that. It would be nice if on-release they updated the website with a list of changes for returning chars/core system alterations similar to how they did with the 1.03 patch.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
It's not part of the online features but you already can wait for matches while in Practice, Versus, and Arcade mode while not in the online sections. Turn Throwdowns to either Accept Simple or Ranked Matches or keep it on Decline. Much easier than going to the individual screens online and staring at nothing, you just won't see anything about who you are about to face.

Kronin

It's not part of the online features but you already can wait for matches while in Practice, Versus, and Arcade mode while not in the online sections. Turn Throwdowns to either Accept Simple or Ranked Matches or keep it on Decline. Much easier than going to the individual screens online and staring at nothing, you just won't see anything about who you are about to face.

Yes, and personally seems to me that it's most fast and easy to find opponents in this way that in the effective online mode rank matches; the only big difference is that you are not able to put any filter to the find of opponent, neither to know the grade of your opponent before to accept the challenge.

PS: Just seen these pics on twitter.... I really would love to play in the forest stage in a similar way! ;)

784545960.jpg

784544900.jpg

EDIT: End of the Earth night version:

784520417.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD