Dead Or Alive 6 Builds On Franchise's Core Strengths While Renewing Focus On Inclusivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
DOA6 IS A TEEN???

LMAO okay yeah I'm going back to Tekken. That literally means it's gonna be Pegi 12 in EU.

/s

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's just ironic and a bit funny how SCVI has stuck to its guns 100% despite feminists whining and crying over the women in the game, while DOA - DOA of all series - did a complete 180 from the perverted beach volleyball sexual assault simulators to... this. It almost borders along the lines of absurdity. lol

Soul Calibur was never intended for that direction though or the main issues regarding the women in the game. It is generally a fighter at first and then everything else after (a sort of bonus). I wouldn't say DOA went a 180, think because the masses got the wrong idea on it's overall presentation or ties to DOAX that it became a meme stick to be taken serious along with the pushed stigma behind it. DOA (not any sorts of spinoffs included) is part of the Fighting Game genre. It's nature is that of a fighter. The fanservice was just a huge payoff/bonus for the consumers until it was used as the scapegoat for promotional uses rather than the fighting aspect above all else.

Street Fighter and KOF could become the ultimate niche sexy fanservice right after and it'll still be taken in as serious fighters because the spirit from the beginning was always that of a fighter for those games, so people would see why those series gets a pass. (KOF recently got SNK Heroines coming up but yet they don't take as much backlash for many obvious reasons).

I mean really, is it now wrong for the series to be taken serious this time around on it's presentation? the women are still sexy so I figured it was about that time where people could look into Shimbori's mind for once on how they think? it might be positive on both ends in the long run. DOA6 is a bit of a long while from now so it's too early to come up with it's resulting factors on the finalized product.

Who qualifies as a "fan?"

Most people here say if you like the boobs you are "not a 'true' fan." I know Rikuto and some other have expressed this sentinment on numerous occasions. So to them here, YOU are not a true fan.
It's funny that only DOA is judged for that. I see more than that.

shiki91

Soul Calibur was never intended for that direction though or the main issues regarding the women in the game. It is generally a fighter at first and then everything else after (a sort of bonus). I wouldn't say DOA went a 180, think because the masses got the wrong idea on it's overall presentation or ties to DOAX that it became a meme stick to be taken serious along with the pushed stigma behind it. DOA (not any sorts of spinoffs included) is part of the Fighting Game genre. It's nature is that of a fighter. The fanservice was just a huge payoff/bonus for the consumers until it was used as the scapegoat for promotional uses rather than the fighting aspect above all else.

Street Fighter and KOF could become the ultimate niche sexy fanservice right after and it'll still be taken in as serious fighters because the spirit from the beginning was always that of a fighter for those games, so people would see why those series gets a pass. (KOF recently got SNK Heroines coming up but yet they don't take as much backlash for many obvious reasons).

I mean really, is it now wrong for the series to be taken serious this time around on it's presentation? the women are still sexy so I figured it was about that time where people could look into Shimbori's mind for once on how they think? it might be positive on both ends in the long run. DOA6 is a bit of a long while from now so it's too early to come up with it's resulting factors on the finalized product.

SCVI is a refreshing step in the right direction, but I didn't come here to praise SC.

The masses are getting their information from 2 sources, the media - all of whom, in unison, are singing this game's "progressive" praises and second, from the videos provided which confirm the media's interviews with the developers.

DOA has always been about two things, according to its creator - "Sex and violence."

Now it is just violence. It is half the original image. Maybe you like that, that's fine. Just know that many do not and it will affect sales.

SNK Heroines has received SJW backlash, but it's such a niche title, few care. DOA is bigger than that game.

"Is it wrong?" Depends who you ask. I question the need to make such drastic changes. But we'll see. I would bet 1000 dollars this game under performs heavily. I can almost guarantee it, as it currently sits. It's a shame, since I honestly like the series but many fans are pissed at Team Ninja going the "SJW" route as they have put it.

shiki91

None of these topics and petitions would of happened if TN said nothing about the game regarding it's identity or fan service talks at all. Nobody would of noticed.

Fans would have noticed, but they might have just thought, "Ok, it's in early stages, the jiggle will be there, the GOOD costumes will still be in, and they would maybe have bitched over Helena losing a couple cup sizes."

However, since Shimbori decided to open his mouth time and again and constantly spout this "progressive" vision for the game, fans are rightly so, pissed. You may not know this, but the average gamer does not like social justice related things or feminists that complain over video game breasts. It seems Team Ninja never got the memo though.

shiki91

Fans don't turn their nose up because of this supposed "Change". The only thing that might suffer is the tissue paper companies and they won't notice the dip.

Wrong. You are seriously naive if you think there hasn't been a huge backlash on reddit, gamefaqs, twitter, 4chan, 2ch and youtube.

You are mistaken and think your position is the majority when it's not.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
And what would you say, if I tell you, that I have gained the attention of some famous people? And that caused many changes.

Wrong. You are seriously naive if you think there hasn't been a huge backlash on reddit, gamefaqs, twitter, 4chan, 2ch and youtube.

You are mistaken and think your position is the majority when it's not.
Alright now It's hilarious.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Indeed.

The level of delusion you guys have is strong. Say, is TENGU around here anywhere?
If even half the people you're talking about in your original point remotely really cared about DOA, LR's online would still be bustling right now instead of me having to wait atleast 5 minutes for an already pointless ranked match to populate. Only for them to dip out because they forgot to turn off their throwdown notification in training mode or to fight the same person I did in the last three go's.

Also just a heads up since you apparently haven't encountered it with either of your new accounts, double posting is a no-no on the forums.

shiki91

If even half the people you're talking about in your original point remotely really cared about DOA, LR's online would still be bustling right now instead of me having to wait atleast 5 minutes for an already pointless ranked match to populate. Only for them to dip out because they forgot to turn off their throwdown notification in training mode or to fight the same person I did in the last three go's.

Also just a heads up since you apparently haven't encountered it with either of your new accounts, double posting is a no-no on the forums.

Don't confuse me with the petition maker, would-be mod.

They can do an IP search. My English is actually good, unlike his.

Because every fan plays 6 year old games online, right? Newsflash my boy, only about half of all fighting game purchases even play the games online. Also, maybe if 5's online netcode wasn't complete dogshit, maybe people might play it? It's sad day when a fighting game released in 2013 has better netcode than anything currently on the market. (Protip: Killer Instinct.)

Once this game releases, I'll enjoy watching you eat your words.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Everyone who's complaining about DOA6 right now doesn't even play DOA5 let alone will play the story mode of what's coming out lmao.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD