DOA Future Thread

UpSideDownGRUNT

That's the thing, even long before TN stopped support for the game people lost interest and were just "I'll come back when DOA6 is announced".
I'm somewhat in the same boat, I rarely play DOA anymore and if I do its not for very long.

I was mostly hoping for DOA6 to reinvigorate interest in the community as well as myself, but, I guess those of us that lost interest will just move on to a different game. Dissidia, DBFZ, SC6 and SFV Season 3 are looking preeetty good right now.

P2p1mbs

He did say "hiatus", which is the presumed action that Team Ninja is doing with DOA. TN didn't say that they're going to kill off DOA and we get that.

That is still better than a full cancellation. I expect maybe 2 years before we hear anything serious (and by that I mean actual rumors rather than an announcement). And even then, I am sure everyone will find something to complain about (I know I'll be complaining about Marie's continued existence when they announce her as the first character :rolleyes:)

dg1995

I'm not surprised. This is what happens when the developers don't take their game seriously .

What did they do for DOA 5 in the last years?

-Made lots of shitty overpriced costume DLCs ,
-Made a shitty Beach volleyball game Which is one of the main reasons that the majority of gamers don't take DOA seriously.
Even Mortal Kombat Mythologies:Sub Zero and Tekken's Death By Degrees didn't damage their franchise as much as this awful spin off mini serie.
-Made it with too much fan service and advertised this game for it's fan service instead of it's deep fighting mechanics.(Even if they wanted to advertise the game's graphics they always advertised the Boob physics)
- Didn't even bother to fix the PC version of this game.

The only good thing that they did was Mai DLC and balance patches but these weren't enough to save it.

P2p1mbs

I'm not surprised. This is what happens when the developers don't take their game seriously .

What did they do for DOA 5 in the last years?

-Made lots of shitty overpriced costume DLCs ,
-Made a shitty Beach volleyball game Which is one of the main reasons that the majority of gamers don't take DOA seriously.
Even Mortal Kombat Mythologies:Sub Zero and Tekken's Death By Degrees didn't damage their franchise as much as this awful spin off mini serie.
-Made it with too much fan service and advertised this game for it's fan service instead of it's deep fighting mechanics.(Even if they wanted to advertise the game's graphics they always advertised the Boob physics)
- Didn't even bother to fix the PC version of this game.

The only good thing that they did was Mai DLC and balance patches but these weren't enough to save it.

They would have given up on doa5 long ago if they really didnt want to take the game seriously. The game is 5 years old and got dlcs and other support through out all that time. Sure, many of the dlcs were shit and they rushed doax3 just for the sake of it but they were still giving fans something to look forward to.

I like to think they probably WOULD have stopped making stuff for the game if KT felt like supporting the game is a waste of resources.

SteakHachey

I just got friendzoned lol

The video of the deceased player was highly disrespectful to the player themselves and the community. It felt afterwards like it was a "you can't get mad at us" tactic and also were gonna leave you in the lurches by not giving you a straight forward answer.
This.

Last edited:

Lulu

The DOA community.
LoL... so it was a Group Effort ?

Anyway I think you're right.... I don't know exactly how much the DoA Community was growing but I do believe support from the Developers was responsible for most of its Momeuntum... or at the very least. Sustaining its current Popularity.

If the game was rapidly gaining popularity then you'd think they would want to press on the Advantage....

All I can hope for now is that we've grown large enough and strong enough to sustain ourselves even if only Temporarily..... although to be honest. All the complaining about not getting DoA6 so soon (Yes I honestly believe it is very premature) does not bode well.

You know what really has me upset.... that I also got caught up in all the DoA6 excitement. I feel I should've known better.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
A lot of you got caught up in the fact that there’s a bunch of new fighting games that are coming out in 2018 then assumed that “oh shit! An announcement from Team Ninja is happening! Could it be? It’s been a while & new games are coming! DOA6 baby!”

I mean I understand that people wanted DOA6, but new fighting games are not going to always come out every 4 or 5 years. I wanted it too in hopes of new & improving mechanics of the game (throw breaks, even stronger punish system, limiting guesses per turn, health bar toned down/increased damage etc).

Takes at least that amount & thensome to even undergo development. I think the games that come out the fastest in terms of a new fighter are NRS games? MK9 came out in 2011 & lasted a long time even with Injustice despite drop in average numbers. Injustice I think came in 2013. Then MKX in 2015, now I2. I shouldn’t even have to speak on Smash Melee with Smash 4.

So no one said anything about the timing of a game’s release. That was something assumed by a lot of people because of DOA5’s span, T7, SCVI, I2, & SFVAE. Some take longer than others.

Last edited:

gatto tom

Standard Donor
In my opinion,this isn't a "farewell". It's just a "goodbye" or "see you after some years". They now stopped to support DOA, but this doesn't mean that they won't do any DOA game. Maybe after 5 years they will come with DOA6

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
In my opinion,this isn't a "farewell". It's just a "goodbye" or "see you after some years". They now stopped to support DOA, but this doesn't mean that they won't do any DOA game. Maybe after 5 years they will come with DOA6

Honestly, I don't even think it'll take that long either. TN just got stuff to do man, they are devs and actual human beings.

I think that DOA5 is pretty old once 2018 hits and I also thought it was DOA6. I think it's time for a new game but those guys should make it when they are "truly" ready. DOA is not over at all, but the last thing we need is a rushed project that no one will like so if they need time, fine by me because we are going to get it eventually.

Last edited:

Blash

I may come across as a pessimist here, and i honestly hope I am dead wrong, but from what I can see, I dont think we will ever see a DOA6.
Not an over reaction, call it a feeling or whatever, but from what people have heard and what TN did, I think DOA is gonna join Duke Nukem and Earthworm Jim.

Then again, I never thought I would see a good 2D Sonic game again, and I was wrong. But that was decades after Sonic 3, so... I dunno. I doubt the next DOA will be under the TN banner.

Pn33milan

Hi guys, I recently signed up to share my opinion.

I don't think the series is dead. Not until they crearly state that, anyway.

They definitely disappointed a lot of people (even myself), but the real problem is they took the situation way too seriously imo.

It was right to pay respect for ninjaCW, but for everything else they should have set a different tone

They just repeated DOA5 support is over and they definitely didn't need a so-called "announcement" to tell us that.

DOA6 won't happen in the immediate future and I'm ok with that.
We don't need that immediately, especially if they don't have any new ideas.
Team ninja is still a profitable development team and their IPs are pretty well-known in the whole gaming community.
There's no reason to believe they'll pull off the plug to DOA.

I only hope they release a new ninja gaiden title on PS4 and DOA6 when the time will come.

Don't lose faith ;)

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Tom Lee did not know that they were going to announce that either. Half of the people who on here criticizing him weren’t there. Nor do some of you really know him (some have never met him). You’re on the outside looking in. The personal insults are uncalled for.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

https://twitter.com/FreeStepDodge/status/942764806305656838

It reads:
For those that didn't get the message from @TeamNINJAStudio: Please be patient, the DoA team will show off their new work once they feel it's ready. Could be @E3, could be @EVO 2019. Only ones that know for sure are ninjas and won't be letting others know their secrets.

Okay that's good to hear, I'll hope that itmight not be that long before we hear from the DoA team again about what they are working on now, Whether that's Doa6 or a new IP.

Tom Lee did not know that they were going to announce that either. Half of the people who on here criticizing him weren’t there. You’re on the outside looking in. The personal insults are uncalled for.

Yeah definitely didn't agree with people taking it out on him despite the disappointment it wasn't his fault.

Crext

Standard Donor
I've not really seen that many people flaming the local speakers for anything, though I've seen some people commenting on the crying coming off as a bit strange considering the follow-up message. I mean, because of that it kinda had all the elements of a funeral, which probably wasn't intended by anyone I assume. It was just uncorrelated actions coming together randomly to give an illusion of a broader picture which wasn't really true.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Tom Lee did not know that they were going to announce that either. Half of the people who on here criticizing him weren’t there. Nor do some of you really know him (some have never met him). You’re on the outside looking in. The personal insults are uncalled for.

Where did people insult Tom here? x__X

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I've not really seen that many people flaming the local speakers for anything, though I've seen some people commenting on the crying coming off as a bit strange considering the follow-up message. I mean, because of that it kinda had all the elements of a funeral, which probably wasn't intended by anyone I assume. It was just uncorrelated actions coming together randomly to give an illusion of a broader picture which wasn't really true.
It's on here, Twitter & Facebook. Worse on those 2 than here now only because all of that happened last night. So I'm mainly responding off what's being said on FSD's message board updates as you 1st log in. Not necessarily the forum itself.

Edit: @Tyaren

human013

"Only ones that know for sure are ninjas and won't be letting others know their secrets." Who is a well known ninja in the community and now works for TN? Master. He knows something.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD