DOA6 New Character Speculation

Sotherius

but we are not related to South Americans, at least genetically
I know you mean by really broad terms, but there was a large italian immigration to brazil long time ago, my grandfather on my father side was italian.

About new characters though. i don't have many thoughts on country, but i want a bjj or judo moveset, and those are popular martial arts here in Brazil (so is karate, but i doubt there would be a third karateka), so a brazilian man or woman that does bjj or judo would be nice. About looks though, you could do anything and it would fit a brazilian, we are very diverse physically.

Hayabusiness

I know you mean by really broad terms, but there was a large italian immigration to brazil long time ago, my grandfather on my father side was italian.

About new characters though. i don't have many thoughts on country, but i want a bjj or judo moveset, and those are popular martial arts here in Brazil (so is karate, but i doubt there would be a third karateka), so a brazilian man or woman that does bjj or judo would be nice. About looks though, you could do anything and it would fit a brazilian, we are very diverse physically.

This is interesting to know, and it makes sense. I thought Italians mostly migrated to Argentina.

Leifangfan

Yup. They are so enslaved by their productions that there's been cases of idols passing out on stage. Some of them have it so hard and consumes all of their sanity that end killing themselves (such as SHINee's leader Jonghyun who committed suicide some months ago).

In general the idol industry is a really shady thing. Not only because of the idols struggling with their company's schedules, but also because it's a pretty dangerous job when it comes to fans. Idol fans in Asian countries are so obsessed with them that sometimes they put their idols's competition in risk, and sometimes even their own favorites. There's been reported cases of fans trying to murder idols that are the direct competence of their faves, and also idols who actually had fans attending their handshake events with their hands covered in their own fluids (even though this last thing usually happens more with Japanese idols).
So do American idols. Not all are enslaved but Technically all idols are slaved. For example Kesha was enslaved and contracted. Actually we all are enslaved by morgages, work, and any other contracts we sign ourselves away too.

Leifangfan

Dont KPop Idols have really screwed up lives? I was under the impression that they're pretty much actual slaves to their production label.
Britney Spears and other young Disney kids were enslaved to contracts and we pushed to be what they want to be. All entertainment is enslaved in some kind of way.

zoo

DOA has a lot of potential for new characters I feel since the series doesn't go too crazy with them (up until LR I guess).
an African character would be cool, maybe originating from like Egypt, Nigeria or Ethiopia
an Australian sounds dope too

For guest characters outside of Tecmo (cause I mainly just want Momiji) I'd personally want Tifa, one of the NieR characters, Jade of MK, or Kazuma Kiryu

honestly not expecting any guest characters but any of those would be great

ChiefEmann

I did some thinking about the upcoming character, and I've basically convinced myself: the upcoming girl character is likely going to be a descendant (explicitly or implied) of William from Nioh.

Nioh 2 is upcoming, there are already hints that Nioh is in the same universe as DoA/Ninja Gaiden, and it makes as awesome crossover/way to get people into the franchise.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I did some thinking about the upcoming character, and I've basically convinced myself: the upcoming girl character is likely going to be a descendant (explicitly or implied) of William from Nioh.

Nioh 2 is upcoming, there are already hints that Nioh is in the same universe as DoA/Ninja Gaiden, and it makes as awesome crossover/way to get people into the franchise.
Nioh takes place in feudal Japan while NG and DOA are in today’s time. I doubt we’ll get a character like Willam from Nioh. Nioh is already a very popular game that can hold its own, I don’t think they would pull out a popularity stunt for Nioh.

HHH816

i always like an idea of a D.va lookalike. an esport star that want a real fight in DOA6 tournament.

ChiefEmann

Nioh takes place in feudal Japan while NG and DOA are in today’s time. I doubt we’ll get a character like Willam from Nioh. Nioh is already a very popular game that can hold its own, I don’t think they would pull out a popularity stunt for Nioh.

I mean, they have had what looks to be a Ryu Hyabusa ancestor in Nioh, starting to link the worlds. Why not get people a little more interested in DoA by putting a small lore-crossover? I'm not talking William himself showing up: rather an Irish/Japanese girl with his silver hair, and a past that would imply possible relation.

The character would for all intents and purposes be a DoA character, but with just a hint of a tie-in, similar to how the Hyabusa look-alike isn't explicitly his ancestor, but its not a far stretch.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I mean, they have had what looks to be a Ryu Hyabusa ancestor in Nioh, starting to link the worlds. Why not get people a little more interested in DoA by putting a small lore-crossover? I'm not talking William himself showing up: rather an Irish/Japanese girl with his silver hair, and a past that would imply possible relation.

The character would for all intents and purposes be a DoA character, but with just a hint of a tie-in, similar to how the Hyabusa look-alike isn't explicitly his ancestor, but its not a far stretch.
The Hayabusa clan exists for ages and just because Ryu’s ancestor is in Nioh doesn’t mean that we need to get a girl that is kinda related to William from Nioh. DOA isn’t about Hayabusa’s lore but about Kasumi’s. Ryu is just a support character.

KwonJigglypuff

My wishlist for the new female
Occupation : special agent, tomb raider, princess, social worker
Link : Bayman, Zack, Leon, Brad
Style : Krav Maga, original, dancing art, Kino Mutai, Sumo

Bonus : over 27 years old

Onryoki

Standard Donor
When it comes to race I really hope we get a middle eastern or Indian woman who’s mysterious. I kinda want her to look like this:
FCE73CAE-AAD8-462A-B79E-0B417282F9F2.jpeg

Or like this:
337D2710-B303-436C-85F0-907B21FCF186.jpeg

Shining_Wave

True, but Team Ninja could modify that. Tengu, fiends... could be a lot of chaotic fun.
As i recall when Alma died, she shrank back down to Rachel's size.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD