Final Fantasy Thread

Kronin

Um...guys, I was just kidding. XD Cindy will stay the exact same and she will definitely not wear a burqa. XD

Lol, you got us! Not that of course I was thinking to a burqua but I believed that was really confirmed a reworking of Cindy, in the past we have seen even more crazy things to happen....

18j2ag8ij78ywjpg.jpg

...indeed.

Glad to see that no redesign is on the horizon, but it's just fair to think that similar matters are never sure until the game doesn't reach an high level of development.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'm sad they didn't bring legacy boss dlc back for LR but definitely hope it returns for XV

You want Lightning to solo extreme warriors from the past games? while I think the challenge on a power level scaling is a bit too high for the idea, I do agree with this because LR was fun at a normal base and I simply love dialogue that's just out of this game from pure awesome if they did a type of Arena for this, I even platinum the game. If only the game wasn't too short and linear though (The first XIII was probably the most linear of them all, hardly social and way too straight forward with predictable outcome.), LR did however provide a good ending.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Japanese fans got their change for Moebius and European for Cindy, this seems to me pretty fair xD

new-wal-1428430181.png

By the way there are many examples in FF of heroines with outfits much more sexy, I don't understand why to change just Cindy... oh well. I'm curious to see if the redesign will regard only the EU version.
): Smh they throw some male fan service out there up to the levels of what they do for the girls and suddenly it's too much for the Japanese crowd when everything else was fine. Whatever. Never would have played this anyhow, I don't really play games on my mobile devices. Guess I'll go look at the small sliver of chest and abdomen Gladiolus shows *grumbles*

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
The've done it as well in XII and previous games except there were no DLC at that time. The Gilgamesh there on FF12 was on one of his prime. What they could do is create an Arena in the game so that the heroes of FFXV can face off against the mightiest warriors as cameo appearances. You can encounter great dialogue and provide exciting challenges to the players, don't you want to see these heroes face against a challenge that is far more powerful than them? I sure as hell do and I want to win, even if it's non-canon.
Akin to the Tales of series? I would be down with that.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Considering it got major negative feedback, I have a feeling they either:

A: cancelled it because they realised that nobody was a fan of just a port.
B: (the unrealistic theory that everyone wants but won't happen) they realised the negative feedback of making an almost 20 year old game in 1080p was stupid and they're holding off until FFXV is released to reveal a full remake probably in the same engine as XV.

Then there's me that just want's FFXIII and Lightning Returns for current consoles because VII isn't even that great of a game anyway and XV from what I have played of the demo is also mediocre that I will probably still get just because I'm interested in the story and the world.

Xernuht

A little extreme, no?

Point is, it's way too soon to even consider. Hell, the FFX/X-2 remaster came 12 years after the release of FFX International, compared to the 2009/2010 release of FFXIII.

Considering the broken base surrounding the series at this point, perhaps it would be better for them to focus on future projects like Dissidia Arcade, Bravely Third, and the eventual FFXVI than cater to the people who want the old games remade.

UpSideDownGRUNT

You say it's too soon but you should try telling that to Square Europe who released Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider reboot on current consoles. FFXIII predates both, or Capcom with the DmC remaster.

Do you have to do that EVERYTIME I mention XIII or LR?! seriously... they're not even that bad as everyone makes them out to be Final Fantasy VIII and VII are WAAAY WORSE! Even FFXV is just really dull to play, the only thing it has going for it is graphics and and a semi intersting set up the main 4 characters are dull and have next to zero personality Lightning has more personality than all four of them and that says alot...

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
So many Lightning haters :(
That's a distortion of the truth. If anything, Lightning is the Wonder Woman to Square's DCU. She is far from having "so many haters".

Granted, you won't see too many people think highly of her getting a solo series. Heck, some critics even believe the games she originated from are out of her league and she deserves a better world to explore. But regardless, they would still love to see her tag along and throw down with the other established classic characters from other FF games.

As for me, I just wanna see a death battle between her and She-Ra. Guilty pleasure, yes I know.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD